Blizzard should make ride the lightning and forked lightning baseline

Title says all.

This would make enhancement shamans feel so much smoother and thematically better fitting for us.

With the possibility of adding too much damage for enhancement shamans as a result of these additions,

we can tune the damage down accordingly with additional testing.

15+ Year Old Account
    M8 if they give you some dmg they will have to also take it from somewhere else, especially when SS is doing a lot by itself and lucky proc chain is game ending usually.
    What i can think off it could be merged into one talent and they could implement 1 extra defensive thing to pick.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Deleted
    I believe that PvP talents should only be defensive, CC or utility. Altering rotational abilities through PvP talents is bad design and only widens the gameplay gap between PvE and PvP. OP gave a good example of two super cool additions to Stormstrike that for some god awful reason are restricted to PvP and open world. There are not enough tiers in the talent tree and instead of expanding it they lock cool stuff behind PvP talents. With all the potential passives and upgrades to existing abilities we could have a talent tier every 5 or 10 levels without bloating the action bars. It would mean whole lot to leveling and the general feeling of classes being bland and basic.

Quote Originally Posted by panalfik View Post
    I believe that PvP talents should only be defensive, CC or utility. Altering rotational abilities through PvP talents is bad design and only widens the gameplay gap between PvE and PvP. OP gave a good example of two super cool additions to Stormstrike that for some god awful reason are restricted to PvP and open world. There are not enough tiers in the talent tree and instead of expanding it they lock cool stuff behind PvP talents. With all the potential passives and upgrades to existing abilities we could have a talent tier every 5 or 10 levels without bloating the action bars. It would mean whole lot to leveling and the general feeling of classes being bland and basic.
    I completely agree with this. If too much damage is going to be an issue with these changes, then tone it down.

I want my class to feel smooth, not having to have my additional functionalities on my main ability gated behind pvp talents.

Forked lightning and ride the lightning will make enhancement shamans feel so much smoother. Having these being only available in open world and pvp is not a good class design at all.

- - - Updated - - -

I also highly doubt that it will add too much damage, as we need some damage buffs also.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did love those talents in the open world back when that was a thing for those first two weeks after release. It made the spec so much smoother.

They really need to revisit some of these PvP/WM talents that EVERYONE take in order to see if maybe they should be baked back into the default specs.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Deleted
    Im sorry to say it but they just removed those 2 talents in the new ptr patch and merged them into 1 talent that only works if there are more than 1 mob. So no more chain lightning for sinlge target damage.

NEW:
    Ride the Lightning: If there is more than one enemy nearby within 8 yards when you cast Stormstrike, you also cast a Chain Lightning on the target.
    Otherwise, you conjure bolts of lightning to up to two furthest enemies within 40 yards dealing (50% of Spell power) Nature damage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarox View Post
    Im sorry to say it but they just removed those 2 talents in the new ptr patch and merged them into 1 talent that only works if there are more than 1 mob. So no more chain lightning for sinlge target damage.

NEW:
    Ride the Lightning: If there is more than one enemy nearby within 8 yards when you cast Stormstrike, you also cast a Chain Lightning on the target.
    Otherwise, you conjure bolts of lightning to up to two furthest enemies within 40 yards dealing (50% of Spell power) Nature damage.
    so they merged both skills together and toned it down in same move
    totaly not what i was been talking about :P

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    so they merged both skills together and toned it down in same move
    totaly not what i was been talking about :P
    You gotta be kidding me... I think blizzard is out there to kill enhancement shamans.

Also, why is this still a pvp talent? Just why......