Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Already refunded myticket, because it just wasn't worth it.

I am EU and bought the V-Ticket when I saw this news and was able to download the demo instantly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzimar View Post
    Already refunded myticket, because it just wasn't worth it.
    Not a single person here cares.

I do have the virtual ticket, but don't have an active subscription. There's no download starting.

Quote Originally Posted by nanoneo View Post
    I do have the virtual ticket, but don't have an active subscription. There's no download starting.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Over the next 24 hours, we’ll be enabling the ability to download the WoW Classic demo through the Battle.net app for players who have purchased the BlizzCon Virtual Ticket

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    It’s on Mac. Launcher only shows games that work on current os
    That's not exactly true. There's no Over Watch for Mac, but annoying Icon which does nothing is still there.

lol - We can’t wait for you to get a peek at what we’ve been working on... back in 2004

Only 39.99!!!!

Pathetic Blizzard.

This is the dumbest happening, fueled by mass confusion and rampant misinformation by the player base.

I promise each and every one of you who look into this; this is not and will not be salvation from the issues you have with Live. Live is a direct result of discontent that started...in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by duster2 View Post
    lol - We can’t wait for you to get a peek at what we’ve been working on... back in 2004

Only 39.99!!!!

Pathetic Blizzard.
    You’re paying for the show, not the demo. Tell me again whats pathetic... blizzard or your understanding of how the virtual ticket works?

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    That's not exactly true. There's no Over Watch for Mac, but annoying Icon which does nothing is still there.
    Interesting. IIRC there was an issue with the Icon showing for Overwatch for macs but that was a few BDA builds ago. Not sure if they ever fixed that or what your seeing is a bug regression or not.

Can you tell me what you are seeing for your versions in the BDA under Blizzard logo -> Settings -> About ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Wait, how can you hide Activision games from the launcher? Is there a setting for it?
    No setting but there was a way of modifying the BDA so that entire tab is hidden.

It was placing a QML file in a special folder that has the visible property for that tab set to hidden. Unfortunately with how the battle.net launcher is designed , every time they push a new build you have to re-apply the mod.

Not because it was being caught by some integrity check or anything. It's because of how the battle.net client is installed - each build lives inside it's own folder with most if not all it's resources and things inside it (aka Battle.net.xxxx where xxxx is a build number). Each time the battle.net team push out a new build of the BDA the battle.net desktop app / client will load the new build ..... and the modified file is in the old build folder.

EDIT : Looks like they plugged that way of modifying the BDA. Just tested it myself.
    Last edited by bluspacecow; 2018-10-24 at 03:05 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teiky View Post
    Congrats, you won the internet with the most stupid post of the day!
    $50 to play a demo of a game launched 15 years ago and also to watch their infomercials...the stupid is strong in u

Quote Originally Posted by Cazmosis View Post
    This is the dumbest happening, fueled by mass confusion and rampant misinformation by the player base.

I promise each and every one of you who look into this; this is not and will not be salvation from the issues you have with Live. Live is a direct result of discontent that started...in vanilla.
    You people never cease to amaze me XD
    It it's so bad, if blizzard is so greedy, why are you still here, spewing venom ?
    I don't see the problem with the current live, there are things to do but you're not forced to play 8h/day 7/7 and thats better.

And yes I have the VT and I'll try the demo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rekz View Post
    $50 to play a demo of a game launched 15 years ago and also to watch their infomercials...the stupid is strong in u
    40€ for some goodies (I play D3 too) and the ticket. The demo is a bonus and we all KNEW that was a demo with 2 zones and a few level, I'm not surprised at all.

The time limitation will be there if there are too many people and will probably be lifted after blizzcon is over (for the remaining 2 days of demo)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Isoz View Post
    is shitty wow classic the reason its so slow to level up on the real servers these days :/
    B*tch please, it takes weeks (yes, weeks) to level up to 60 in vanilla/classic.
    You can 1-60 in a few hours in live... I did it with only dungeons with a highmountain tauren

Yikes, so much negativity over some people spending a mere $50. Even if you consider spending that amount of money a "waste", why even bother arguing with other people on a forum over their own choices?
    Last edited by Megor96; 2018-10-24 at 08:46 AM.

Buying blizzcon Vticket every year for ingame goods. Vanilla Beta is just one more reason to buy it. Especially in fact that i love vanilla wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Are you....trolling? Do you know how much faster leveling is compared to 1.x? Even since changes in 7.3.5 or whatever it was. Absolutely no comparison lmao. Jfc.
    No trolling, i never played wow vanilla ( thankfully ) but the stories ive heard make it sound terrible and leveling on the normal servers use to be so much faster, now its slow and boring which is what i imagine wow classic is like.

Quote Originally Posted by pupko View Post
    Buying blizzcon Vticket every year for ingame goods. Vanilla Beta is just one more reason to buy it. Especially in fact that i love vanilla wow.
    i bought the v-tickets for the cool murloc pets ( grunty, Deathy, murkalot, murkadin etc ) but the lame banners and cloaks from this years blizzcon just werent worth it, they increased the prices just so people could get access to the wow classic beta (lame) and the goodies were worse, noone will use the back or banners unless they are roleplaying shit lol
    Last edited by Isoz; 2018-10-24 at 09:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by duster2 View Post

Only 39.99!!!!

Pathetic Blizzard.
    Ehm, they have rebuilt the game from the ground up (code wise) in the new engine. Added features like colorblind etc, so it works on new OS, 64 bit etc.
    So yeah they have been working on it. Not just copied the 1.12 patch, like all the private servers out there.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    No trolling, i never played wow vanilla ( thankfully ) but the stories ive heard make it sound terrible and leveling on the normal servers use to be so much faster, now its slow and boring which is what i imagine wow classic is like.
    Well, if you think leveling is terrible now, it's waaaay worse in Classic. And yes, I agree that after the nerfs to heirlooms and scaling or whatever they F'd up in 7.3.5 leveling is way worse than it was BEFORE, but it still pales in comparison to Classic.

In Classic, you could do every single quest in all the zones for your faction and STILL have to grind along the way by just killing mobs over and over again. I remember getting to like 56 or 57 and just having to kill mobs in Silithus until I dinged 60 finally. Get ready for tedium in that regard, though that's arguably the experience.

The speed of leveling is why I'll probably only get one character to 60 in Classic. I'm much older now and I don't have time to devote to getting more than one toon to 60 at the slower rate.

Quote Originally Posted by xhisors View Post
    You’re paying for the show, not the demo. Tell me again whats pathetic... blizzard or your understanding of how the virtual ticket works?
    LOL if the rewards are shit (they are), then youre just subsidizing their Marketing Department budget. GRATS

i bought the v-tickets for the cool murloc pets ( grunty, Deathy, murkalot, murkadin etc ) but the lame banners and cloaks from this years blizzcon just werent worth it, they increased the prices just so people could get access to the wow classic beta (lame) and the goodies were worse, noone will use the back or banners unless they are roleplaying shit lol
    Really depends on who you ask. For me Vanilla leveling was engaging moreso because A) it was my first MMORPG and B) you had to read and look for things and I visited things like thottbot when I was truly stuck lol. Nowadays it's autoaccept everything go to marker on map and done. It was way slower just numbers wise yes but nothing will ever be that slow again on live.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Deleted
    anyone still not get download?