Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Druuge View Post
    By scare they mean kill them!!
    Tbh if your looking at our characters realistically we're just unhinged murder hobos and scare is a loose command.... It's all about how you interpret the orders!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    so it's another case of things happening in game not really lining up with what's said in quest text.

at least it does give a reason for attacking them in the first place.
    More or less. It'll be another Camp Taurajo, Allaince command say one thing and the troops do another. But yeah now the attack is justified which for BFA lore is remarkable :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Tbh if your looking at our characters realistically we're just unhinged murder hobos and scare is a loose command.... It's all about how you interpret the orders!
    Hey i have no problem with that but just like in GTA i can murder prostitutes in game but its not sanctioned by the state in the game to do it.

The Alliance killing Vulpera must be sanctioned by the upper echelon otherwise its either pointless or somone told you to do it which is the upper chain of command in the Alliance.

The Alliance couldve sent emissary and bags of gold and that wouldve swayed alot of Vulpera but instead they chose Genocide cause they partnered with the Horde first!

Deleted
    Hey i have no problem with that but just like in GTA i can murder prostitutes in game but its not sanctioned by the state in the game to do it.

The Alliance killing Vulpera must be sanctioned by the upper echelon otherwise its either pointless or somone told you to do it which is the upper chain of command in the Alliance.

The Alliance couldve sent emissary and bags of gold and that wouldve swayed alot of Vulpera but instead they chose Genocide cause they partnered with the Horde first!
    Not necessarily. If the order is to 'stop' them the local commander has a huge amout of wiggle room with those orders. Also we haven't seen how pure boi will react to this.

Does that mean they cut the Purge Squad? That's an actual tragedy, they were the best thing to happen thus far.

Not that I'm surprised. The vulpera burners will be going to the same place as Jaina and Genn's spines now that they've met with Golden.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Not necessarily. If the order is to 'stop' them the local commander has a huge amout of wiggle room with those orders. Also we haven't seen how pure boi will react to this.
    Thing is the Vulpera hasnt pledge there fealty to the Horde yet

The Vulpera has not sworn any allegiance to anyone except you the player and that is why they are helping because of the player not because they are Horde.

Then along comes the Alliance and they are butchering a bunch of desert scavengers even though they have not sworn allegiance to the Horde.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Wasn't even Alliance troops in Taurajo, it was Wildhammer mercenaries.
    Working for the Allaince. Broadly like camp taurajo not exactly the same

- - - Updated - - -

Thing is the Vulpera hasnt pledge there fealty to the Horde yet

The Vulpera has not sworn any allegiance to anyone except you the player and that is why they are helping because of the player not because they are Horde.

Then along comes the Alliance and they are butchering a bunch of desert scavengers even though they have not sworn allegiance to the Horde.
    Not defending their actions just saying

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess I should be thankful really, this just shows how even in a war based story, blizzard simply won't 'go there' with the alliance, won't show the grey area of them. While the horde continues to have variety in terms of morals, the alliance continues to be the sugar dipped gumdrop faction.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Guess I should be thankful really, this just shows how even in a war based story, blizzard simply won't 'go there' with the alliance, won't show the grey area of them. While the horde continues to have variety in terms of morals, the alliance continues to be the sugar dipped gumdrop faction.
    The real reason is that the writing team has written themselves into a corner with the Alliance, and that the player base does not really understand nuance. It makes no sense for the Alliance to randomly torch desert furries, because as far as we know, Anduin has the Alliance military under his iron fist and "High King" has become just the Alliance version of "Warchief" even if they are nothing alike in the established lore.

The people whining in this thread don't do so because they are concerned with bad writing, it would be bad writing for the Alliance to randomly attack the Vulpera, they do so because their headcanon of the Alliance as "hypocritical" has no real basis in reality. I wish there was someone like Garithos in charge of the Alliance, I really do, but Blizzard went full retard around Cata, and there is no sign of it changing course(Unless this whole Allied Races business is just an excuse to flood the Alliance with morally gray fanatics, maybe there will be a coup at the end of BFA).
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    This isn't high morals this was a completely stupid and a completely out of character, mustache twirling villain attack on some furries who are tangentially aligned with the Horde and harm noone.
    It is only barely more hilarious than "scaring vulpera away" as if they were foxes and not, well, fox people.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Why the fuck its always Void Elf players that try to play the superiority card.
    It must the conviction of being special and feeling like the Horde didn't value their uniqueness enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    Well, they've already made two different versions of Rastakhan's death, with Greymane's level of dickery scaling to your faction. Maybe that's just Blizzard's newest storytelling gimmick. The other side are genocidal maniacs, but only when you aren't playing them.
    This seems to be happening and it is just cheap, especially if you play both sides.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2018-10-24 at 01:24 PM.

Looks like they're clearly writing these as heavily perspective-based events with no room for making conclusions of your own, but from the standpoint of NPCs affected.

Whoever though of this? It's pretty bad when they have to rely on making everyone have their own self-elevating narrative. Players should be free to make their mind up about events without having a narrative forced onto them and one that enforces factual dichotomy too.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-10-24 at 01:10 PM.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone explain what is in OP's link? The link doesn't open here, takes too long to open and just stays like that ad eternum

Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    I think the theory that N'Zoth is driving the entire population of Azeroth into seeings false things has some plausibility.

The entire of the pre-expansion quest chain was the Horde doing one thing and the Alliance seeing it in another way/showing up and something worse has happened.

Horde for example only kill guards, Alliance show up and everything is burnt to the ground in Ashenvale.

Sounds like something similar could be happening here.

N'Zoth is making the Horde seeing Alliance actions as worse than they were and making Alliance see Horde actions are worse than they were.
    Have I lost my mind or wasn't the Ashenvale thing explained as one of the Night Elf generals wanting to stoke the fire, so they dressed guards as civilians and burned their own village??

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    Can anyone explain what is in OP's link? The link doesn't open here, takes too long to open and just stays like that ad eternum
    It is essentially just this image:

On a forum where they are discussing what it implies and/or means.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Please Blizzard

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    It's a quest where the Dreanei of the purge squad ask you nicely to use a totem to burn only the Vulpera supplies because they are giving it to the Horde. She says explicitly that it should only be used on the supplies because we don't wanna hurt the friends of our enemies.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Its because the Alliance can never do no wrong while us Horde have 2 choices be either flat out evil (i have no problem with that infact i want that) or just be noble savages who lost the way.
    Alliance did many things wrong. Like not disbanding Horde several times it could.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Quote Originally Posted by Neverafter View Post
    Have I lost my mind or wasn't the Ashenvale thing explained as one of the Night Elf generals wanting to stoke the fire, so they dressed guards as civilians and burned their own village??
    it was explained as dressing the dead sentinels as civilians and planting them in astranaar to trick the horde into thinking they had attacked astranaar already so they would leave it alone. it wasn't to "stoke the fire", which would be retarded. the poorly armed and trained town guards were fighting the entire horde army. the fires were as stoked as they could possibly be already.

this is by no small margin the stupidest thing ever written in wow. it came about because they didn't expect horde players to not be happy about the horde executing all of the astranaar civilians, so they decided to change the story and needed to quickly create an explanation as to why astranaar would be full of dead civilians that the horde hadn't killed, but looked like the horde had killed them.

when you're on a deadline and blizzard keeps telling you to change the story to fit whatever absolute nonsense they are coming up with in a panic in response to beta feedback, this is the best you can come up with apparently. it doesn't quite explain why the corpses assumed the identities of the actual astranaar npcs, and why those npcs never showed up elsewhere since the horde "definitely didn't kill the civilians". but that's because blizzard only really wanted to fix the optics of that one particular moment where some of the horde players were upset that they were participating in a genocide. then they surprised them at the end by revealing that they had participated in a genocide.

the war of thorns is just poorly written, incoherent garbage, even moreso than the faction war usually is. at some point we will all have to agree to just ignore it as the heap of rushed nonsense that it is, and assume everyone involved was insane and later died so there is no way of knowing what actually took place

Quote Originally Posted by TrueHorde View Post
    this makes much better sense
    Vulpera arenot members or allies of the horde
    vulpera are befriended by some of the horde
    vulpera do not interact alliance
    vulpera are hired by horde
    alliance try interrupt vulpera caravans
    vulpera get angry at alliance for destroying their caravans
    vulpera attack back alliance, who find out that these small guys have big claws
    alliance attacks back, more violence
    vulpera are pushed to become horde members

something similar makes much more sense, than simply alliance burning down vulpera or vulpera becoming horde without a reason

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm ok with this, this is a sound explanation and make everything fall in place.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if Alliance will get a choice similar to how Horde losers get a choice with Saurfang/Sylvanas?

Fry fox folk?
    or
    Don't fry fox folk?
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect