Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Here's the 5 changes I would make to wow for the next exp

1. No more war/titan forging. If it must remain just make it +5 and/or a socket.
    2. Add both JP & VP back into the game. If WQ remain just have them give JP rather than items. VP gear should be = to heroic raid gear.
    3. Bring pvp gear vendors back. Equivalent to normal or heroic raid gear.
    4. Get rid of lfr. Replace it with 10m dungeons that can be queued for. 6 5m and 2 10m dungeons at launch. Also less trash per dungeon.
    5. No more keystones. Replace with M and M+1(M being more like what M+2 is now and M+1 being more like M+6 but with more emphasis on boss difficulty than tougher trash) at launch and make it possible to queue for with sufficient ilvl. Add one difficulty level per patch which drops loot equal to the newest normal raiding gear. No weekly caches.

bonus change: get rid of daze

You don't need to agree with them all. I know people tend to disagree about these things.
    Last edited by Berndorf; 2018-11-02 at 01:43 AM.

This and unpruning classes would cause me to resubscribe in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    4. Get rid of lfr. Replace it with 10m dungeons that can be queued for. 6 5m and 2 10m dungeons at launch. Also less trash per dungeon.
    5. No more keystones. Replace with M and M+1 at launch and make it possible to queue for with sufficient ilvl. Add one difficulty level per patch which drops loot equal to the newest normal raiding gear. No weekly caches.
    Yeah everytime someone says get rid of LFR many people (including me) reminds you that LFR is the reason actual raiding exists investors don't want to invest in art that barely anyone actually gets to see...also difficult things you queue for only leads to terrible TERRIBLE things..the fact is when you queue for hard things your GOING to get bads and the community will blame the fact they are bad on Blizzard and not on the fact people are just bad and either don't think they are bad or don't care....

Less slot machine, more currency in the game.

All your points i agree with...

Except LFR. Yes its a shit show raiding experience, but again i feel the justification for its existence is right, all the dev resources poured into content that not all the playerbase will get to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Yeah everytime someone says get rid of LFR many people (including me) reminds you that LFR is the reason actual raiding exists investors don't want to invest in art that barely anyone actually gets to see...also difficult things you queue for only leads to terrible TERRIBLE things..the fact is when you queue for hard things your GOING to get bads and the community will blame the fact they are bad on Blizzard and not on the fact people are just bad and either don't think they are bad or don't care....
    Just use a premade group or the group finder if you want a group free of bads. Same as now. Raids could be slightly smaller to compensate for loss of lfr. Obviously you don't need to agree with me on these things but these are the changes I would like to see in the game.

1. No more war/titan forging. If it must remain just make it +5 and/or a socket.
    2. Add both JP & VP back into the game. If WQ remain just have them give JP rather than items. VP gear should be = to heroic raid gear.
    5. No more keystones. Replace with M and M+1 at launch and make it possible to queue for with sufficient ilvl. Add one difficulty level per patch which drops loot equal to the newest normal raiding gear. No weekly caches.

You don't need to agree with them all. I know people tend to disagree about these things.
    i agree to nearly everything.

sad thing is: blizz and $$$ will not.

that said, add as point 6) unpruning of classes (like someone said above).

PS: LFR i dont care, as long as there is NOTHING to get there, for non LFR raiders, besides completely uneficient side stuff, when you really have absolutelly nothing else to do for the week.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2018-11-02 at 12:39 AM.

I agree on 1-2. 3 I would say that pvp should drop better gear as long as gear matters in pvp, naturally scaling with rating. 2.4k should give gear the same item level as Mythic. Also, for number 5, i dont feel like Mythic+ is a bad thing for the game at all, only the RNG of it. The concept is good for keeping small-scale pve viable.

Agree with 1-4, dont agree with 5 at all. However, i do agree M+ needs a rethink and rework. Personally, i would prefer if M+ difficulty scaled totally differently, where the trash was meaningless, but the bosses scaled VERY aggressively. Would also prefer if all motivation to complete a M+ quickly was removed, instead encouraging "clean" play such as a bonus roll if no deaths, or something like that. Encouraging Spam content just isnt my style of gameplay, but you know........opinions...........

why would you get rid of m+, the most succesful feature blizzard has introduced in the past 10 years of WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by Azelas View Post
    why would you get rid of m+, the most succesful feature blizzard has introduced in the past 10 years of WoW?
    I don't like the way it works. It also leads to people who don't raid finding it really hard to get into groups. Just not a fan of how it works in implementation and affix/suffix aspect of it to make trash as hard as bosses. I think the system I proposed would be better but that's my view. Keep in mind the new +1 would be significantly harder than the current +1 and drop gear equal to current normal raiding gear.

Deleted

The only thing i disagree with would be making +10s quable there is no way in hell a pug group that ques would make in time, EVER. and keystones is a great addition to the people that want to push higher.

15+ Year Old Account
    Agree with all of the points except removing LFR (the cat is out of the bag, just ignore it like the rest of us do) and some of the keystone comments.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

I would change LFR into a system where you can Q for each individual Boss. You would only get the chamber the Boss is in, no trash, no nothing. They would basically work like holiday-bosses. This fixes almost all the issues with LFR:
    - Since its just a holiday boss that dropps a raid-recolor with less stats, noboby cries it's too easy.
    - Less wait-times in the dungeon itself = better experience
    - Since most of the architecture is missing....you still have to go NHC+ if you want to actually "see" the raid
    - automatically makes BOE trashdropps from raids much, much more valuable - which is a good thing. Even if it creates a market for premades farming only trash...where is the harm? I remember people doing that in Cata. It was not the worst part of that expansion.
    - since bosses are available to anybody, there can still be quests/drops focused on the actual raid for "everybody"
    - you can cheaply reuse the raid to give content to the masses - which is the main point of LFR.

---

As for the other suggestions...i like currencies...but really: The big no-go of BFA is that the actual gear does not feel rewarding. THAT is the problem. Putting the shit that is BFA gearing on vendors would not fix anything. They need to actually go back to gear/rewards that players want. Instead of shit they need to sim 3times for each spec and then take a dump on it out of frustration.

I really don't care which rewards they go back to...actual socketed gear with meaningful stats that interact with your spec and offer reforging? Tier-Sets....good trinkets....artifact weapon...legendaries....something completely new? I really don't care...but it needs to be something that makes players go "I want to collect this! I just WANT to have it! I want to play with this!" - Azerite does not. Azerite makes people turn off the game and unsub. That's why the 8.1 vendor won't fix anything.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2018-11-02 at 12:57 AM.

Apart from 4, I'd be fine with that. They need to stop with the RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG approach and just give us more currency vendors.

As long as I can see all the story without having to rely on other players to decide to invite me, I'm fine with whatever they do to raiding. If they replaced LFR with a singleplayer scenario populated with NPCs that just took you through an extended RP event where you down each boss for no loot, no risk of defeat and the only thing you got out of it was story, I'd be totally fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbywan View Post
    The only thing i disagree with would be making +10s quable there is no way in hell a pug group that ques would make in time, EVER. and keystones is a great addition to the people that want to push higher.
    There would be no in time without keystones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Apart from 4, I'd be fine with that. They need to stop with the RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG approach and just give us more currency vendors.

As long as I can see all the story without having to rely on other players to decide to invite me, I'm fine with whatever they do to raiding. If they replaced LFR with a singleplayer scenario populated with NPCs that just took you through an extended RP event where you down each boss for no loot, no risk of defeat and the only thing you got out of it was story, I'd be totally fine with that.
    They could just do what they did for the Lich king fight where there's a cinematic you can watch in the new sanctuary city that tells you what happened. Do one for each raid tier. Then come back the following expansion if you want to see the environments.

Deleted
    So how many dungeons at m+10 difficulty do you think would be cleared by the same people that also ques for heroic? (given they also have higher IL)

1-4 are ok really (not sure about 2 though...)

but why 5?! mythic+ is easily the greatest addition to this game since the time of wotlk... huge success,people love it, it totally renewed the interest in 5m content... and also it's not binary unlike your suggestion, it's not just clear or no clear, it's about how far you can go,which is awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    removing M+ is pretty dumb change, way to kill non-raid engame content.

M+ is cancer. It teaches people to be impatient and scream and stomp their feet.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    1-4 are ok really (not sure about 2 though...)

but why 5?! mythic+ is easily the greatest addition to this game since the time of wotlk... huge success,people love it, it totally renewed the interest in 5m content... and also it's not binary unlike your suggestion, it's not just clear or no clear, it's about how far you can go,which is awesome
    Well, in the system i suggested Mythic would be more like +2 is now and you wouldn't just waltz into right after hitting level cap and +1 would be more like what +5 or +6 is now except there would be more emphasis on increasing the difficulty of the boss fights rather than the trash. You could also add a +2 equivalent about to what +10 is now at launch.