Deleted

Balance druid and Explosive affix

Hello druids,

How you deal with the bombs?
    Are you piling up resource and dont use your Starsurge?... This is a huge dps loss...
    Moonfire is simply not good enough as what other classes can do...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nikikostadinow View Post
    Hello druids,

How you deal with the bombs?
    Are you piling up resource and dont use your Starsurge?... This is a huge dps loss...
    Moonfire is simply not good enough as what other classes can do...
    i thought if you have x3 potm and the moonfire talent you could almost one shot em, not sure tho

I think orbs has too much hp to 1 shot with regular skill for everyone. I mean everyone needs to use their highest damage skill to oneshot it.
    I wont play balance much this week. It becomes so stupid to kill a orb next to cced infested mob. Only starsurge doesnot aoe/cleave.

Starsurge if it's convienent. If not I let the melee deal with it. I also noticed that Lunar Strike doesn't damage it at all, but will still break CC. Not sure if that's intended but can't see a reason why it they would do that.

They have ~8.5k life on m+12 this week.
    The only way to reliably kill an orb is starsurge, but that's obviously a ridiculous dps loss and there are more orbs than you could get astral power anyway.
    The cast AND flight time of wrath is too long for the ridiculous damage.
    Casting dots on them is practically a waste of CD.

So the best way to deal with them as owlkin: Have other classes with you that can deal better with them.
    Not that I say you should ignore them (killing them is always top priority of DDs), but unlike in Legion where balance was one of the best specs to deal with them, they are now some of the worst (together with most casters).

It probably will change over the course of the addon considering the power creep, so in the end one, two moonfires again will be enough. But not for now.
    Last edited by Puri; 2018-10-25 at 06:46 PM.

Boomy is not the best at this affix anymore due to how much HP they have, BM hunters/warriors/DH's are much better at this. Doesn't help that Blizz has flagged a few of our direct damage spells as AoE, such as Sunfire (direct damage will hit an orb, but it won't apply the DoT) and Lunar Strike (targeting the orb and hitting it with a Lunar Strike does no damage to the orb). Starsurge is about the only spell in our toolkit that does enough damage and isn't flagged as an AoE, although some encounters will likely have us hitting orbs anyways, such as the lass boss in Temple of Seth where the 4 channeling casters will spawn orbs along with every other add in there. Slight aside, if you run Streaking Stars you can murder orbs pretty quickly using Moonfire/Sunfire if necessary.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Pitpit View Post
    Starsurge if it's convienent. If not I let the melee deal with it. I also noticed that Lunar Strike doesn't damage it at all, but will still break CC. Not sure if that's intended but can't see a reason why it they would do that.
    it's intended, orbs are completely immune to any spell with an AOE component to it, though they will take the single target component of certain combo spells (moonfire, sunfire, unholy DK dot spell, etc)

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been using starsurge when needed but thankfully the melee I've been with tend to deal with them quite quickly.

Deleted
    3x moonfire. what else can i do when low on resources and running with an affliction lock and rogue.
    not enjoying this week at all so far.

I have been trying to save wrath empowerments in case I really have to hardcast at one... but that's a struggle at best. It seems like the best approach is just to spam moonfire and hope for a crit, or take warrior of elune but that's not available very often.

Get your tank and melee to focus them

source: am melee
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah doing explosive for the first time in BFA was a rude awakening. As mentioned, in Legion we were one of the best classes for it, and now we're close to useless for the job.

On my first few runs, I tried my best to help with it, but you end up spending all your time doing basically nothing. Now I don't even try, unless it's an extreme situation in which case I hopefully have the astral power for a starsurge. You need to rely on other classes to do it. If they aren't doing it, you're gonna fail the run.

Boomie are probably the worst spec in the game for explosive, your only realistic way to kill them is starsurge which will completely tank your overall DPS. All you can do is put some more thought into composition, e.g. if you are running with a warlock get them to spec destro.

For those close to melee it's hardly worth it as they can deal with them more far more effectively than we can.

If they're spawning nowhere near them then depending on what ranged there is in the group I'll deal with them. Starsurge for if they're really close to going off, wrath + moonfire if I have a bit of time available.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't play this week.