Poll: Larger or smaller raids

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Larger vs smaller raid instances

The Azshara raid is only 8 bosses making this the shortest main raid added in a patch since Dragon Soul. In Mists and WoD we got some massive raids with ToT, SoO and HFC clocking in at 13-14 bosses each.

What is your preferred raid size?

Quote Originally Posted by Senftw View Post
    The Azshara raid is only 8 bosses making this the shortest main raid added in a patch since Dragon Soul. In Mists and WoD we got some massive raids with ToT, SoO and HFC clocking in at 13-14 bosses each.

However, there is a 2 boss raid in the same tier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixy View Post
    However, there is a 2 boss raid in the same tier.
    There are no more tiers in raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    There's still raidtiers even though tiergear has been removed.

I sort of like short raids. Around 6 bosses would be perfect for me! I really enjoyed the even shorter raids too, like Onyxia, Gruul and Magtheridon. Something feels a bit "epic" about a single powerful foe.

Tiers are not a set of item, tiers are steps in progression. Uldir is a tier, raids in 8.1 are a tier and raids in 8.2 are another tier. Learn what words mean.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Tiers are not a set of item, tiers are steps in progression. Uldir is a tier, raids in 8.1 are a tier and raids in 8.2 are another tier. Learn what words mean.
    I'm not sure about that. Blizzard doesn't use the term "tiers" anymore when referring to BFA raids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Blizzard hasn't used the term tiers since . . . Wrath?
    Either way, the entire term of tier was based around certain raids being tied to a certain tier set. No tier sets no tier. It's quite simple, actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either way, the entire term of tier was based around certain raids being tied to a certain tier set. No tier sets no tier. It's quite simple, actually.
    Could you be JUST A BIT more pedantic? I think the horse might still be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Senftw View Post

Long raids are cool, but more important for me is that a raid can be easily completed in about 1,5 hours once you can farm it. Just killing the last two bosses every week like in HFC wasn't that interesting.

Uldir length is pretty much perfect for me.

Same size as ToS and Firelands which came at about the same time Nazjatar releases. The final raid may be massive a 12+ boss affair, who knows.

But to me it seems Blizzard is kind of tired of massive raids. Around 10 bosses seems to be their preferred size since Legion now. Perhaps in order to better space out tiers and avoid content droughts.

7+ Year Old Account
    Do you get a higher base level gear from one raid than from the other? Then they are different tiers of raid.
    It doesnt matter how blizz calls them, it simply refers to levels of the gear you get from them

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh and on topic... 6-10 is great. Longer raids seem to have filler bosses that are just there to make the raid longer. Shorter and it feels like a big 5 man vs a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Longer raids seem to have filler bosses that are just there to make the raid longer.
    No, those exist regardless of raid size. Fetid Devourer says hi.

Every raid has boring gear check bosses with lack of meaningful mechanics. Doesn't matter if it's a 4 boss or 16 boss raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BadguyNotBadGuy View Post
    Do you get a higher base level gear from one raid than from the other? Then they are different tiers of raid.
    It doesnt matter how blizz calls them, it simply refers to levels of the gear you get from them
    It's how you refer to it. It's not the universal meaning as it makes no sense to continue calling multiple raids "tiers" with no tier sets.

Hell, if you want to you can include every raid in BFA into a single tier since there are no tier sets to actually separate them if that's what you prefer to refer to them as as that's the kind of logic you are making.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    No, those exist regardless of raid size. Fetid Devourer says hi.

Every raid has boring gear check bosses with lack of meaningful mechanics. Doesn't matter if it's a 4 boss or 16 boss raid.
    Agreed, but it feels like longer raids have more bosses where you go... why is this guy important?

Now, if you could skip some, like in Ulduar (where you could ignore Razorscale, Ignis and/or the iron Dwarves), then I'm down with adding bosses.

I'm ok with short raids
    The thing is if it was longer they would add skips which I think ruin the raid.

8 bosses and always a possibility of a mini raid
    Plus heroic wf
    Plus mega dungeon

Well for bigger raids I hope they bring back the skip bosses after killing them 4 times

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard question.

There should be far over 10 bosses in a Tier BUT each tier should be 2-3 raids.

Perfect scenario is like 2 raids with 7 bosses in each or 3 raids with 5 bosses in each.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

5+ Year Old Account
    I prefer around Uldir size so it does not take too long to clear on farm.

I'm totally fine with having a 8 boss raid AND a 8 boss 5 man raid.

That's 16 bosses for one "season", yeah, they call it season now.