Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So, what's Anduins take on that?

This is the same as with Teldrassil, people do something evil, people within the same faction that are opposed to that move don't even react.

Also seems rather ironic that during EU Warfront, Rokhan and Turalyon have this little Shadow vs. Light exchange (Because being a Shadow Hunter suddenly means being super good with shadow magic).

Did you just literally use a clickbait, outright lie thread title like you were being paid for the clicks on this thread?

Truly pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    So let me get this straight, the VOID which is characterised as CONSUMING EVERYTHING UNTIL NOTHING IS LEFT can be used to reanimate corpses.

Is there anything these days which can't be used to reanimate the dead?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Lol. Im a horde player and even im stunned by the stupidity. Raising a dinosaur skeleton is now seemingly as bad as raising aware people, and then turning them to fight their former allies n friends. I didnt think it was this bad, but damn the reaching of some horde players is at a new lvl lmao.
    The horde are the "bad guys" again in this war, get over it, thats just how Blizz wrote the story (intentionally or not)
    Coming from a horde player
    Last edited by Houle; 2018-10-27 at 12:06 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Another Horde player desperate attempt to equalize Sylvi atrocities with Alliance doings.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    So let me get this straight, the VOID which is characterised as CONSUMING EVERYTHING UNTIL NOTHING IS LEFT can be used to reanimate corpses.

Is there anything these days which can't be used to reanimate the dead?
    Prety sure the rogues can do it with enough combo points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pucek View Post
    Not any more than Sylvanus is being an old god puppet. Once again, Alliance actually acts against Horde, the Horde players: "That character is EVIL and needs to be put down!!!"
    Isin't actually old gods can't control undeads?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post

I hope the spider empire won't declare war on me after stepping on a spider two days ago.
    Well at least you didn't raise the entire kingdom into unwilling service to you.

WHAT DIFFERENCE WOULD THERE BE BETWEEN YOU AND THE LICH KING?

As long as they add a choice for me to refuse to help him, it's all fine.
    My animal-loving hunter would never agree with this.

now that is some clickbait, you have a bright future at buzzfeed

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    Well at least you didn't raise the entire kingdom into unwilling service to you.

WHAT DIFFERENCE WOULD THERE BE BETWEEN YOU AND THE LICH KING?
    Isn't it obvious? I serve the humanoids.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    As long as they add a choice for me to refuse to help him, it's all fine.
    My animal-loving hunter would never agree with this.
    Did someone already post how he's also corrupting baby raptors via their eggs?

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Did someone already post how he's also corrupting baby raptors via their eggs?
    Hi, I did. Kind of a side note, but it may save this topic from devolving into a Sylvanas circlejerk. I generally like your takes on the various WoW plots. What do you make about the recent Void-Light equivocation of which Umbric is a part? Especially since they actually aren't toning down either the effects of the void or how it works, just the way it's treated.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Isin't actually old gods can't control undeads?
    Pretty sure they haven't actually stated that, just indicated it. Even if, Blizz doesn't seem to care about consistency these days (like Forsaken raising Night Elves when it was stated in Cata that they can't raise non-humans, which was partialy-retconned in SoO).
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Thunder Focus Tea can now be combined with a bit of milk and a few drops of vanilla extract to produce a lovely hot beverage for all seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Pucek View Post
    Pretty sure they haven't actually stated that, just indicated it. Even if, Blizz doesn't seem to care about consistency these days (like Forsaken raising Night Elves when it was stated in Cata that they can't raise non-humans, which was partialy-retconned in SoO).
    retconned? where is it stated that forsaken raised elf in cata?

While this is pretty dissapointing (Blizzard, stop your bullshit, please), you, OP, are grasping at straws. The clickbait tittle is especially funny.

This seems a bit odd no?

I thought the Void hates Undeath, (we saw the whispers freak out on Alleria in the comic when meeting Sylvannas) so I'm a bit surprised they can use void magic to reanimate corpses. Apart from that, wouldn't alliance leaders like Anduin and Turalyon be against this? Even Malfurion I suppose since it's against nature. Seems kind of random.

Oh and.. Zandalari having weak stomachs? They worship a death god and are surrounded by spirits and voodoo
    Last edited by Sunlonghorn; 2018-10-27 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Djem View Post
    Sorry, I meant Zandalari as in native to Zandalar.

This is only the latest in a series of Alliance war crimes in 8.1, alongside Alliance Purge Squads genociding innocent neutral Vulpera.
    Good, wipe the Horde from the face of Azeroth. They have proven themselves untrustworthy monsters time and time again. We should have culled them when we took Orgrimmar.

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    retconned? where is it stated that forsaken raised elf in cata?
    In Cata quests say they can't raise non-humans, that's it. Then in SoO, Sylvanus makes remarks about raising dead Blood Elves and now (in BFA) we have her raising Night Elves. You can call it "increase in power" or whatever but it's dumb because it indicates that her power level increases just with time (she was a great ranger, not a fucking necromancer) and reaches Lich King levels just like that.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Thunder Focus Tea can now be combined with a bit of milk and a few drops of vanilla extract to produce a lovely hot beverage for all seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Hi, I did. Kind of a side note, but it may save this topic from devolving into a Sylvanas circlejerk. I generally like your takes on the various WoW plots. What do you make about the recent Void-Light equivocation of which Umbric is a part? Especially since they actually aren't toning down either the effects of the void or how it works, just the way it's treated.
    What aspects exactly? I think it's clear enough that while Light and Void exist in a balance, the Void's nature is inherently more volatile and dangerous because of the behaviors it has an affinity with. And so long as the underpinnings of the lore are still mostly there, the Void is wielded through that personal affinity itself.

Which is to say, I'd expect the Void corrupted to be primarily motivated by personal desires and willing to do anything to achieve them, with few or no moral qualms. And from what I've seen of Umbric, he's kind of a bastard.

He proclaims sympathy for the plight of the working Goblin whilst merrily participating in their slaughter. He speaks of learning to master the Void to help protect Silvermoon, but his intentions of redemption and reuniting their people make it seem like he prioritizes his individual desires for the nation regardless of what his former people actually think. He talks about how he earnestly believes in the ideals of the Alliance and that's where they belong, only after they were his only option for sanctuary. It's not like he ever left to sign up with the Silver Covenant. He's reckless, amoral, and quite frankly self-absorbed. If Alleria hadn't swooped in last second, he'd have been headed for precisely the same fate that Rommath had predicted for him. His exile was 100% justified, just going by how we see him do things.

And most of all, his moral concerns reek of hypocrisy. He shows nothing but contempt for Zandalari culture and I'm pretty sure he calls them savages, and is now desecrating what they hold sacred, but he gets offended on their behalf. I have no reason to believe he gives a damn about Goblin lives, but he likewise gets offended on their behalf. His Void research was supposedly for Silvermoon, but he continues even after being warned that it'd end in disaster until it ends in disaster. So protecting Silvermoon doesn't feel like it was ever truly the reason. Like most Void users, he was probably just drawn in to satiate his curiosity. Those moral concerns don't help any of the people he's morally concerned about. It's just empty vanity.

So, he's exactly what I'd expect, really. Is he evil? If not kept on the leash, I could see him diving off that cliff pretty quick.