Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    you said it would be a hassle. i said i'd like to see more enchants come back. more enchantable items, hell i'd like to see professions made great again and not a mostly optional side thing.

this kid? you said it not me ... kid..
    How is having to pick one out of a handful of weapon enchants a hassle?

i don't know you tell me you said enchanting items was a hassle.

balancing loads of old enchants and weapon procs would likely be a developement hassle that would amount to what exactly? if they all end up the same. why not just have 1 enchant instead of 20-50 that are all balanced to have the same output.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    No. Everything you posted is wrong except for removing the ilvl restrictions on old enchants.

If transmog affected the slot, then people would never be able to change their look without visiting the transmogger again. Just think about how stupid your idea is.

Imagine, in the real world, you go to the beach. You're out there in the water in your full business suit while the ladies are wearing a bridal gown, bride's maid dresses, scrubs, and a tutu because there wasn't a transmogger around when you put on your bathing suits.
    Ok, then give players the option to enchant the slot or enchant the gear. I did not think about being able to transmog gear and put it in your bags. At the same time I like to set and forget without having to visit the transmog guy. Quite frankly, why not just let the transmog guy be a relic in major cities and let us do our own transmogging without any gold sink - that would be way better.

- - - Updated - - -

i don't know you tell me you said enchanting items was a hassle.

balancing loads of old enchants and weapon procs would likely be a developement hassle that would amount to what exactly? if they all end up the same. why not just have 1 enchant instead of 20-50 that are all balanced to have the same output.
    Then don't include the dps boost! It's all the fucking same anyway - it's going to be balanced regardless!!! The point is keeping the unique weapon effects alive(the animation). I meant enchanting everything with +10 of the same goddamn stat becomes a hassle, because it's fucking repetitive. Back in vanilla and tbc it would give players something to do, but guess what! It's 2018 and we've had 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 expansions! There's plenty of content to see and nobody whose played long enough wants to go back to having to get their +10 intellect from their bracers when blizzard can just balance the raid content to their stats without the stupid fucking enchant.

do you not get the effect when you tmog? the proc animation is likely tied to the actual spell proc. i think it would be unoticable in a raid perhaps confusing even.

like having thunderfurys swirly wind thing on mobs that you hit.

it would be an extra step to transmog but i'm not sure if you'd see it over all the other chaos, or rather it could just end up being confusing in a fight while there are already a lot of effects happening. would adding more be helpful? like a phantom thunderfury proc on mobs but they don't have the debuff. or i dunno, i guess it comes down to is adding more spell effects going to be beneficial. especially ones that are maybe not actually doing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    No. Everything you posted is wrong except for removing the ilvl restrictions on old enchants.

If transmog affected the slot, then people would never be able to change their look without visiting the transmogger again. Just think about how stupid your idea is.

Imagine, in the real world, you go to the beach. You're out there in the water in your full business suit while the ladies are wearing a bridal gown, bride's maid dresses, scrubs, and a tutu because there wasn't a transmogger around when you put on your bathing suits.
    Lol now THIS is wrong. Your last paragraph describes what the current situation is. If you could set your transmog to something you like then you wont have to worry about ever having to change it. And if not being able to change it on the go is a problem then that applies even more so to the current system and not to being able to transmog the slot rather than the item.

do you not get the effect when you tmog? the proc animation is likely tied to the actual spell proc. i think it would be unoticable in a raid perhaps confusing even.

like having thunderfurys swirly wind thing on mobs that you hit.

it would be an extra step to transmog but i'm not sure if you'd see it over all the other chaos, or rather it could just end up being confusing in a fight while there are already a lot of effects happening. would adding more be helpful?
    So you want the game to be the same fucking thing as it was in 2004. First, you want it to be different by adding the same stats to every piece of gear you're wearing, but then you scoff at something different. Yes - I want to see lightning and nature spells everywhere in the magical RPG we play; that's what I signed up for, not a mini accounting course.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Lol now THIS is wrong. Your last paragraph describes what the current situation is. If you could set your transmog to something you like then you wont have to worry about ever having to change it. And if not being able to change it on the go is a problem then that applies even more so to the current system and not to being able to transmog the slot rather than the item.
    You're both right - having both options would be prefereable because yes, it would be nice for players who transmog to be able to carry multiple sets with them. Quite frankly though, it could be simplified further.

Quote Originally Posted by patrik9321 View Post
    So you want the game to be the same fucking thing as it was in 2004. First, you want it to be different by adding the same stats to every piece of gear you're wearing, but then you scoff at something different. Yes - I want to see lightning and nature spells everywhere in the magical RPG we play; that's what I signed up for, not a mini accounting course.

- - - Updated - - -

You're both right - having both options would be prefereable because yes, it would be nice for players who transmog to be able to carry multiple sets with them. Quite frankly though, it could be simplified further.
    Either way the system can be made simpler indeed and easier to use and all potential problems that might come about can simply be...fixed. With a smart solution. So let's be smart and not start assuming the way he does.

you need to take your Ritalin chum i didn't scoff at anything and i'd rather not have the game be the same as it was back in any period, i'd rather enchants that are fun and interesting than only visual. if its taking up screen space i'd like it to be functional.

there are already lightning and nature spells everywhere. thats the point. too much of that is more confusing than helpful. if its dropping my frame rate i'd like it to be doing something rather than just being there for the sake of it. potentially adding to the distraction and screen noise.

Either way the system can be made simpler indeed and easier to use and all potential problems that might come about can simply be...fixed. With a smart solution. So let's be smart and not start assuming the way he does.
    I think being able to transmog on the move and create transmog sets in the same way we can create armor sets would be the most appropriate solution - it preserves the ability to change appearance at will and you don't have to mess with my idea or the current implementation, nor do you have to carry around multiple sets of transmog gear.

- - - Updated - - -

you need to take your Ritalin chum i didn't scoff at anything and i'd rather not have the game be the same as it was back in any period, i'd rather enchants that are fun and interesting than only visual. if its taking up screen space i'd like it to be functional.

there are already lightning and nature spells everywhere. thats the point. too much of that is more confusing than helpful.
    Which is why you can choose between for example a proc that gives u 20% haste, 20% ap/sp, raw damage, etc.

ah like a super expensive enchant, I think the only other issue i see would be that, you get used to tying effects with something so if you have a thunderfury proc that could be either haste/ap/crit or whatever, it becomes a bit random, it could be any of them, I guess its probably minor but when you see a spell effect you think X and it ends up being Y. like in the case of thunderfury that proc effect it leaves on mobs, you think nature damage debuff, when its actually just you getting 20% haste.

i like the idea of rebalancing those old procs and making them functional again, if done properly it would be more choice but I guess it would have to be balanced so that one isn't more powerful that others which maybe difficult to do considering how varied and unique they are. one of them may always just end up being the best. assuming it wasn't just a proc of stat gain but those actual procs, simply rebalanced to work again in current content. thunderfury also iirc proc'd on every swing while others like shadowmorne was more of a build up and release.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2018-10-29 at 04:55 AM.

I think being able to transmog on the move and create transmog sets in the same way we can create armor sets would be the most appropriate solution - it preserves the ability to change appearance at will and you don't have to mess with my idea or the current implementation, nor do you have to carry around multiple sets of transmog gear.
    How does that change from the current system?

7+ Year Old Account
    There are plenty of ways for this to occur. Blizzard has 12 classes and numerous dps specs and manages to keep them relatively in line with eachother; .
    Stop Wait a minute
    step back
    and look at what you said
    end of thread
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2018-10-29 at 06:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Why do you care about gold inflation?
    it's only the main reason random greens have a price range of 100g to 10000g but only are at ilvl 40 and have a vendor price of 25-80s

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    it's only the main reason random greens have a price range of 100g to 10000g but only are at ilvl 40 and have a vendor price of 25-80s
    Then don't buy the green, go play the game. The greens will still drop regardless of your economic circumstances.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Stop Wait a minute
    step back
    and look at what you said
    end of thread
    http://www.wow-dps.com/wow-dps-ranking/

- all dps specs are producing between 10k and 13k dps. This is within the realm of blizzard being able to balance it. You're apparently forgetting we're on computers, capable of doing math at a much higher productivity rate than any human. It's not like we're trying to turn water into jelly

Please get off the internet and do your homework, little girl/boy. Your maturity bleeds through your posts

The lowest dps on this list is at ~10,600 and the highest is at 12,600. This is very close and is definitely within the realm of being fixable or already being fine but the difference being there because of human error, not class design.

The unfortunate truth is it probably won't happen with the mindset of "oh, that will never happen" because blizzard is already prone to making "mistakes" in order to give the classes they play an advantage.

- - - Updated - - -

How does that change from the current system?
    Do you read? The current system requires you to visit a transmogger every time you want to change appearance, unlike being able to change your appearance with the click of a button wherever you go.
    Last edited by patrik9321; 2018-10-29 at 01:30 PM.

Deleted

- all dps specs are producing between 10k and 13k dps. This is within the realm of blizzard being able to balance it. You're apparently forgetting we're on computers, capable of doing math at a much higher productivity rate than any human. It's not like we're trying to turn water into jelly

Please get off the internet and do your homework, little girl/boy. Your maturity bleeds through your posts
    You realize 30% is an awful lot, and if you had to balance every enchant this work would be pointless since EVEYRBODY would pick the best ? This is pretty much exactly the problem with azerite traits. "CRY CRY I MUST HAVE THIS TRAIT BECAUSE IT'S THE BEST"

7+ Year Old Account

- all dps specs are producing between 10k and 13k dps. This is within the realm of blizzard being able to balance it..
    10k to 13k is and increase of 30%
    So no, they arnt "balanced" because some specs are doing 30% more then others, and that is mazssive...
    what the fuck does us being on computers have to do with anything

"The lowest dps on this list is at ~10,600 and the highest is at 12,600. This is very close and is definitely within the realm of being fixable or already being fine but the difference being there because of human error, not class design."
    Yeah ok then, you call me the idiot...

Quote Originally Posted by alenore View Post
    You realize 30% is an awful lot, and if you had to balance every enchant this work would be pointless since EVEYRBODY would pick the best ? This is pretty much exactly the problem with azerite traits. "CRY CRY I MUST HAVE THIS TRAIT BECAUSE IT'S THE BEST"
    Blizzard has done it before; 20% haste in a game where haste effects all cooldowns/dots/etc is just as good as 20% damage as long as some factor like not having enough gcds is introduced. I'm not sure what you want - to play pong? A game so utterly simple nobody in their right mind could screw up the programming? The reason we like playing video games is complexity, not simplicity. Normal humans want simplicity in their day to day lives - not entertainment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alenore View Post
    10,600/12,600 is not 30%, although with your mindset I can see how you're prone to inflate numbers in your head. Part of that damage difference will be experience, so things are probably more balanced already than they seem - players that dps a lot will gravitate towards the pures, people hate death knights right now for some reason(the lowest) and again it is easy to change a number in a database from a "10" or "11" to a "12" or a "13" - it's extremely basic.

- - - Updated - - -

So no, they arnt "balanced" because some specs are doing 30% more then others, and that is mazssive...

"The lowest dps on this list is at ~10,600 and the highest is at 12,600. This is very close and is definitely within the realm of being fixable or already being fine but the difference being there because of human error, not class design."
    Because us being on a computer means a game developer can go into the database and multiply the numbers. Get a calculator and learn how it works before posting in my thread again, please and thanks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because us being on a computer means a game developer can go into the database and multiply the numbers. Get a calculator and learn how it works before posting in my thread again, please and thanks.
    and if it is that fucking simple why is it not done already?
    got an answer for that "God genius"

The top players of the game do not play a classes that are not capable of being number 1 - because of this it is possible for a class capable of 95-99%(example) of another class to get benched and for good players to make a minority of the classes look way better than they actually are.

- - - Updated - - -

and if it is that fucking simple why is it not done already?
    got an answer for that "God genius"
    How long have you been a human? That's the dumbest fucking thing anyone has ever said. That's like saying "if getting As on everything and going to the gym every day is so good, why doesn't everybody do it."

People are always complaining for nothing. Who cares if you have to pay 100g to transmog your new +5 ilvl piece with 5 agi and 5 hast/crit more than the previous.
    You can save sets, its exactly the same thing. Go to transmog npc, select set, pay 100g. So hard !!!