Page 29 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Okay then.

Paypal is owned by countless shareholders. Why don't we ask them if this move is actually in their interest? Sorry, but publicly traded companies are not at the whims of a single person. You can do that when you're the only shareholder left, that seems ethical to me.

(And yes, I do think there should be more protections for minority shareholders. Corporations exist to make money, not pander ideology.)
    I doubt it affects PayPals bottom line at all... And even if it did, internally they would have weighed that before making such a decision. Nice try though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    You're just watching censorship and totalitarianism in action and applauding it cause muh feelings.

Absolutely no way this can come back on you guys. Zero chance.
    Nobody is required to provide you a platform for your speech.

If you want to nationalize the broadband infrastructure and force it to be leased out like we did with the POTS network, so be it, but be prepared to deal with the problems that come with that. And if not? Too damn bad big Internet companies don't like racists.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

For people whose entire existence is to assume that Jews pays ever girl they ever met to prevent them to spread their pure Aryan seed, the users of GAB sure seems amazed with the concept that...

'' We scream like rats that Jews control everything and we cry that our Nazi-drivel ''SUPER-SEKRET UND KUNNING METTING PLACE'' lose backers (from that place that is so favorable to Neo-Nazis and so hostile to Jews known as ''Wall Street'' ) after someone shot Jews. I don't understand. We must commune with our holy prophet, Hitler''
    ''All right, mein Stubmanfhurer I'm going to the hardware store to buy Econo-class varnish for receiving His wisdom. The visions from above we receive from meth are not clear enough''

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    Partial Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome. Basically, my body never processed testosterone very well because of a defective gene on the Y chromosome.
    Thank you, I will look it up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Only as dumb as the claim it was addressing.

Maybe put some thought into what you're saying before you start babbling about "fiduciary duty" in this context. You sound like you just got done watching one too many Wall Street movies or something.
    I linked my source and it's not "Wall Street movies or something".

www.rocketlawyer.com

There's an article here explaining fiduciary duty.

Even if this is hard to prove in court, we all know Paypal violated it. They put ideology before profit.

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Thank you, I will look it up.
    No worries. 1/4 of us transition, which tends towards acknowledging that gender identity is biological and pretty damn durable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    People who kicked Gab off their network are exercising their free speech.
    No, they are pushing censorship.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Okay then.

Paypal is owned by countless shareholders. Why don't we ask them if this move is actually in their interest? Sorry, but publicly traded companies are not at the whims of a single person. You can do that when you're the only shareholder left, that seems ethical to me. The world doesn't revolve around you.

(And yes, I do think there should be more protections for minority shareholders. Corporations exist to make money, not pander ideology.)
    So this is either going to hurt paypal or it isn't? What is your argument then? That paypal should hold a vote of all shareholders before it makes any choice? If people aren't happy with the direction paypal is going, sell off and go somewhere else or try to buy in and get enough to be a significant portion of the share so your opinion matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    No, they are pushing censorship.
    Since when was gab hosted by the government?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    No worries. 1/4 of us transition, which tends towards acknowledging that gender identity is biological and pretty damn durable.
    I thought, people with that "condition" (I hate that word...) have to recieve Hormone Replacement Therapy regardless? No matter if identifying as male or female. Since, well, the lack of such hormones could sooner or later lead to osteoporosis and other health issuess?

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    So you have a legit medical condition (and Im sure a rare one). Ok good you actually need HRT. You're the exception and not the rule.
    Yet you claim I am mentally ill because I transitioned without knowing shit about me.

7+ Year Old Account
    So you have a legit medical condition (and Im sure a rare one). Ok good you actually need HRT. You're the exception and not the rule. Most or mentally ill and like schizophrenic and pexophiles deserve to be treated as such.
    Yeah, no. I'm basic proof that gender identity is biological and durable -- which most certainly applies to trans folks. Try again, angry boy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    I doubt it affects PayPals bottom line at all... And even if it did, internally they would have weighed that before making such a decision. Nice try though.
    Well let's put it this way.

There WAS a very large volume of cash going in and out of InfoWars and Paypal took a cut every transaction.

Now, it's not happening. It's hard to estimate, but I wouldn't be surprised if we're dealing with 6 figures MINIMUM.

But even a wilful 1 cent loss is a violation of fiduciary duty. Why the hell are we excusing this as "they can do whatever they want"? This is just typical lolbertarian nonsense and the far left suddenly pretending they want corporate freedom.

The fact you believe you can actually be the other gender is reason enough to believe you're ill.
    So you have a legit medical condition (and Im sure a rare one). Ok good you actually need HRT. You're the exception and not the rule. Most or mentally ill and like schizophrenic and pedophiles deserve to be treated as such.

????????????

You are making no sense.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    I thought, people with that "condition" (I hate that word...) have to recieve Hormone Replacement Therapy regardless? No matter if identifying as male or female. Since, well, the lack of such hormones could sooner or later lead to osteoporosis and other health issuess?
    Depends on where you fall on the scale. My immediate male relatives are all "mild" cases. My brother has had to have fertility treatment (as I did), and even I wasn't completely immune to testosterone. Complete cases, like a few of my paternal side cousins, most definitely have to take HRT, though. They developed mostly as female physically.

And mainstream social media has one less competitor. Long live the monopoly.

Let me put it in clear words..

like like schizophrenic and pedophiles you are mentally ill. we don't caters to them in society so why should we cater to people like you who are mentally ill?
    So according to you, some people have legit medical reasons and others don't, but I don't have such a reason because you are too busy flaming me to understand my life?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    And mainstream social media has one less competitor. Long live the monopoly.
    Someone havent read up on anything but just randompost.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, this is what I mean. You actually think that going to a "laywer website" and looking up a word that sounds big to you somehow means that you're not just spouting nonsense here.

A company is not bound to just do business with anyone and everyone willy-nilly regardless of other factors. That's not what fiduciary duty means.
    When did I say a company is bound to do business with anyone?

Stop lying. I made my point very clear.

Also, there are no "other factors" because not one person in history ever quit Paypal or refused to register a Paypal account because Alex Jones was also using Paypal. You can talk about "other factors" all you want, some concepts are just blatantly ridiculous and you don't need to be the CEO to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Minifie View Post
    Which one will be the one that still allows a free for all? Because that’s the only one worth being apart of.
    Free for all generally means free to troll.

Here's the thing I think people are exaggerating a bit regarding services like Gab: if there is a systematic effort to silence them, it's not necessarily a political or coordinated one. It's a "protect ourselves from the bullshit they're spreading, which violates certain rules and standards we have set and might open us up to liability."

Alt-righters see this as an attack on their free speech. They see this as censorship. And they see this as totalitarianism. But if this were a politically motivated attack, it seems strange that they're only targeting trolls here. Many of those "totalitarian" platforms are run by decidedly conservative executives. If their actions were politically motivated and if anyone were in danger of being silenced for their political views, it's the left. Likewise, if their actions were politically motivated in an obvious way, they'd be opening themselves up to litigation, because there's absolutely no way it wouldn't be a class actionable offense.

To put it another way, if these efforts to silence a group were targeted at any other significant group other than trolls, this would actually be a big deal and you can bet your ass these platforms would see legal repercussions for it.

People shouting "CENSORSHIP!!!!!" are idiots. This isn't censorship. This is "stop abusing our platform."