Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Banned for something I didn't do.

So the other day on October 22nd I woke up in the morning to find my account closed. I went through the necessary channels to see if I can find out why it was closed and I saw the email said economy exploitation and I even tried to appeal it through numerous tickets and call backs to no success. Until today I talked to a GM and got the reply I was looking for that and he said The limited information I can offer is that the investigation verified that the account was found to be trading a significant sum of gold to an exploitive account. After a subsequent review of the action, the closure was upheld. So basically what happened I got banned because someone else purchased gold from a gold seller and used that gold to buy a run from me and being the gold was purchased illegally I accepted it as well not knowing where it came from so I got banned. This is wrong and unfair that my account got closed because of what something someone else did. My account was almost 11 years old with tons of achievements and unobtainable mounts amongst other rare items. It's really upsetting that I keep getting nowhere.
    Last edited by Stellarus; 2018-10-31 at 02:46 AM.

I understand you are upset and probably rambling a little bit but that block of text is just gonna give people migraines and you little to no sympathy.

*edit* Having read it now, if it did play out like you say it did that's really shitty but I'm not really sure what the actual rules are on a matter like this. In my opinion, if you really didn't know you didn't do anything wrong. But I guess there is no way to prove it.
    Last edited by Varjo410; 2018-10-31 at 02:46 AM.

Well I don't know how else to write it. I tried to explain it as much as I can.

Only thing to do is keep trying, and hope you get a GM that actually gives a damn, most of them probably don't even know the game from a reality TV show.

Quote Originally Posted by Stellarus View Post
    that the account was found to be trading a significant sum of gold to an exploitive account.
    So basically what happened I got banned because someone else purchased gold from a gold seller and used that gold to buy a run from me and being the gold was purchased illegally I accepted it as well not knowing where it came from so I got banned.
    Except that's not what happened. You are stating someone gave you the gold and you got banned because of it.

The GM said you traded a significant sum. A significant sum isn't going to be whatever runs are going for now unless you overcharged even for a Mythic+. Either way you came into contact with gold (probably bought from a gold seller) and tried funneling it to another account in hopes it wouldn't get detected.

Then again this is based off the story you gave us. There is always more to the story, but people know if they share it all they'll be told exactly why they got banned.

Well i've been selling 10 keys at 500k each so I don't know and I bought a mech mount for 750k too off someone. I've tried to talk to people over the phone and they keep saying the same thing so I don't know what else to do.
    Last edited by Stellarus; 2018-10-31 at 02:52 AM.

Should we take bets on how many posts before "All I did was..."?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

"I got banned" posts in a nutshell:

• OP posts version of events from their perspective which makes it seem like they did nothing wrong
    • Other players understandably call bullshit
    • OP admits there was more to the story than we originally thought <-- we are here
    • Everybody smugly chastises the OP for doing something that got them banned

Deleted
    You don't get banned for receiving "stolen" gold. You have to knowingly and conspiratorially receive it.

They verify this by checking the chat log, as well as the internet addresses used to log into all the accounts associated with the transaction. They check all the accounts logged that are logged in from a certain IP address too.

I would suspect that in this case you knowingly received illegitimate gold and probably incriminated yourself through chat.

You can protest, but the fact is that they won't suspend your account simply for receiving "illegitimate" gold. There has to be something more to it, and you're just skimping over that because it's not going to engender any sympathy.

Suck up the ban and buy a new account if you're dead set on continuing to play.

You just made a new account and have 1 post lol

10+ Year Old Account
    That's how super special your thread is
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    "I got banned" posts in a nutshell:

• OP posts version of events from their perspective which makes it seem like they did nothing wrong
    • Other players understandably call bullshit
    • OP admits there was more to the story than we originally thought <-- we are here
    • Everybody smugly chastises the OP for doing something that got them banned
    I might have to save this.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    And this invalidates his arguments how?

Anyway OP, post proof or we'll regard this as another "poor me got banned, I didn't do nothing" thread, because those are the most common.

Deleted
    Your point being what exactly?

I'm telling you why your account was suspended. Take it or leave it.

people pay 500k for a +10 carry? lol what?

Deleted
    They do. There are enough wealthy Arabs (and others) in the game who have far more real world money than in-game gold and use the WoW token system to essentially fuel the purchase of whatever service they desire.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    You don't get banned for boosting scrubs that paid you with bought gold. God knows some of the people I've carried through or sold stuff too have paid for their gold and nothing ever happened to me. Not anyone else either, I'm sure. Chances are you probably admitted to the dude "I don't care if you bought the gold" or some such shit or talked to the guy you bought this mech mount from about things in a shady nature and got banned for it.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    people pay 500k for a +10 carry? lol what?
    Yeah, this is where the story got insane. 500k for a 10?? WTF?

Well i've been selling 10 keys at 500k each so I don't know and I bought a mech mount for 750k too off someone. I've tried to talk to people over the phone and they keep saying the same thing so I don't know what else to do.
    That's it. You gave gold to a duper. Use the Auction House for big ticket items and you'll never be banned.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's EXTREMELY unlikely that you sold a +10 key for 500k, that's absolutely absurd when there are probably hundreds of other groups out there that do it for 1/5th of that price.

Also, what kind of "mech mount" did you buy.