Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

why are 90% of all pug rogues

so bad. As title says, im amazed how bad the average rogue player is in this game, im talking about m+ mostly. I been doing about 20 keys a week and 9/10 rogues that join my grps all from 1200 score to 1600 score rogues are all performing so terribly bad dps wise, their single target is absolutly shit, their overall dmg is frightning bad. How can the rogue community be so mediocre. I made this post because i wanna share my experiences and i grown tired of all these extremly bad m+ rogue players within the 1500 raider.io score bracket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they are arguably the most useful DPS class for M+. I see tons of DH/Rogues because that's what people who enjoy doing M+ roll in order to increase their chances of getting accepted into a pug.

Same reason why there are tons of BDK tanks in M+.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    If only everyone was as good as you..
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Probably because they're only gearing for pvp. PvE rogues simply don't exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because any good rogue doesn't do pugs? On what planet would I invite anyone with a 1500~ score, if for some absurd reason I would have to pug someone..?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Because they are arguably the most useful DPS class for M+. I see tons of DH/Rogues because that's what people who enjoy doing M+ roll in order to increase their chances of getting accepted into a pug.

Same reason why there are tons of BDK tanks in M+.
    But this is because blizzard fails as balancing tanks and dk are just stupid op for m+

A big problem is using that score to base your pugs on. Yes it's really the only way to try and judge someones skill i guess, but since anyone can earn gold and buy M+ carries to boost their score, it's also a bad tool for it.

Just don't assume a high score means a good player. I out perform most of the people I see in M+, but my score is very low on Raider IO cause I don't do M+ dungeons much.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Druidzorz View Post
    But this is because blizzard fails as balancing tanks and dk are just stupid op for m+
    And Rogues are just as useful. Their shroud alone is pretty much required for half of the skips.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

7+ Year Old Account
    There are two reasons for this.
    1. Good rogues don't pug, if you're a good rogue and you're pugging you see where i'm going.
    2. A ton of good rogues left the game in the past few months and/or rerolled to there's even less good rogues on pugs.

Quote Originally Posted by bartdotj View Post
    so bad. As title says, im amazed how bad the average rogue player is in this game, im talking about m+ mostly. I been doing about 20 keys a week and 9/10 rogues that join my grps all from 1200 score to 1600 score rogues are all performing so terribly bad dps wise, their single target is absolutly shit, their overall dmg is frightning bad. How can the rogue community be so mediocre. I made this post because i wanna share my experiences and i grown tired of all these extremly bad m+ rogue players within the 1500 raider.io score bracket.
    Because the class is not faceroll to play like Warlock or Hunter. So bad player will be really bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assassination is one of the easiest specs in the game to play, though. Which happens to be the current meta spec for most m+ runs.
    Hi

Lmao at the Rogue pity party in this thread.

There are so many Rogues because they are meta for Mplus. Same reason there are so many DH. If your pugging chances are you are gonna play with bad players because good players play with other good players.
    Last edited by Volitar; 2019-01-03 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Assassination is one of the easiest specs in the game to play, though. Which happens to be the current meta spec for most m+ runs.
    Maybe ST but tab dotting is more work than bad players will do. They''ll do the ST rotation or just spam FoK without spreading bleeds for energy regen. Meanwhile, other melee classes can do their ST rotation with one ability change and still be decent. Hell, DH doesn't even change its rotations.

7+ Year Old Account
    FOTM

/thread

I don't know what you care, when you are going to invite them anyway for shroud, good or bad..

Quote Originally Posted by pay928 View Post
    Maybe ST but tab dotting is more work than bad players will do. They''ll do the ST rotation or just spam FoK without spreading bleeds for energy regen. Meanwhile, other melee classes can do their ST rotation with one ability change and still be decent. Hell, DH doesn't even change its rotations.
    combine this with a large amount of fotm rerollers who don't know how to do something as basic as a character sim, who are using toxic blade instead of exsanguinate or crimson tempest inside dungeons, who are getting invited to groups solely for their shroud/lockpick.
    Last edited by Djanco; 2019-01-03 at 06:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djanco View Post
    combine this with a large amount of fotm rerollers who don't know how to do something as basic as a character sim, who are using toxic blade instead of exsanguinate or crimson tempest inside dungeons, who are getting invited to groups solely for their shroud/lockpick.
    People run exsanguinate without 2/3 SS traits?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Because the class is not faceroll to play like Warlock or Hunter. So bad player will be really bad.
    As someone who plays both Rogue and Hunter frequently; Assassination is FAR easier to play than any hunter spec.
    The "Beastmaster is faceroll"-meme is getting a bit old. Maximizing KC casts, optimal uptime on Barbed Shot, proper resource management so that you're not starving focus at bad times. Most of it requires more thought than Assassination.

Let's not oversell the difficulty of rogue specs here. You could argue that Sub has higher difficulty than most other classes when it comes to ST fights, as it require a bit more setup and messing up screws your dps; and I would agree on that. But the other two specs really aren't that difficult. And Assa is by far one of the easiest to play specs in the game right now (especially as blizzard keeps pruning anything that could even marginally increase the skill cap, such as Kingsbane >.> )

All things considered. I think the OP is just exaggerating or has a bad streak when it comes to rogues. I've seen plenty of decent to good rogues even at higher keys. And I'm seeing tons of other classes do horrible as well.
    Calling the "rogue community" horrible, just because your anecdotal evidence is a bit of a hyperbole.
    (Then again it's probably just a troll post in the first place; dude has 16 posts)
    Last edited by Nythiz; 2019-01-03 at 10:57 PM.

Because it's easy to get into pugs as a rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Nythiz View Post
    As someone who plays both Rogue and Hunter frequently; Assassination is FAR easier to play than any hunter spec.
    The "Beastmaster is faceroll"-meme is getting a bit old. Maximizing KC casts, optimal uptime on Barbed Shot, proper resource management so that you're not starving focus at bad times. Most of it requires more thought than Assassination.

Let's not oversell the difficulty of rogue specs here. You could argue that Sub has higher difficulty than most other classes when it comes to ST fights, as it require a bit more setup and messing up screws your dps; and I would agree on that. But the other two specs really aren't that difficult. And Assa is by far one of the easiest to play specs in the game right now (especially as blizzard keeps pruning anything that could even marginally increase the skill cap, such as Kingsbane >.> )

All things considered. I think the OP is just exaggerating or has a bad streak when it comes to rogues. I've seen plenty of decent to good rogues even at higher keys. And I'm seeing tons of other classes do horrible as well.
    Calling the "rogue community" horrible, just because your anecdotal evidence is a bit of a hyperbole.
    (Then again it's probably just a troll post in the first place; dude has 16 posts)
    You are clearly a main BM hunter with 605 posts a hunter forums and only 50 post on Rogues.

Resource management for BM is non existing. You just need to not spam cobra shot and everything is good. Easy. If you’re ever focus starved at wrong times you’re a giant retard.

Barbed shot is a very very easy buff to manage. You just need a simple weak aura and everything is good.

BM has a CD (BW) for every trash pull in dungeons so they don’t need to plan ahead.

BM Aoe is done by the push of 1-2 buttons because of beast cleave with no target switching. You just need to press multishot now and then and everything is good.

And the main reason why BM will always be the easiest spec.. unlimited mobility. BM is a ranged spec with no cast time abilities and that alone makes it by far the easiest spec in the game. You never have to worry about where you stand because you never have to interrupt a spell cast to move and you never have to stop attacking the target(s) to move away. On a target dummy other specs are as easy as BM but in hectic situations like progression in m+ and raids BM is by miles the easiest. BM is the best progression spec in the game because you can put all your focus on mechanics and main Hunters like Gingi from Method recognises that fact.

I will agree with you that on a very easy single target fight Assassination is just as easy as BM. But when things start to get hectic in a high m+, BM is by far easier to handle. Especially in AOE situations.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2019-01-03 at 11:24 PM.