Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Example: "Kael'thas, he decided to destroy the Sunwell. And the blood elves, they had no choice but to go along with it. Because the font of power, it was corrupted."
    Dear god, you are right. Every second sentence, they have this phrasing. The author of the video, he uses this technique way too often.

Cannot unhear!

Being Dutch myself, his accent is a major turnoff for me to watch. Its gotten rather painful to listen to. Though I vastly prefer to just look into WoWpedia to get my bits of lore whenever I’m interested.

I can't watch his videos because his accent makes my ears bleed. It's like he is spitefully and on purpose defiling the English language.

He puts out pretty solid content. Been a follower of his for a number of years now.

He got a little too smug about the climax to the War of Thorns storyline, which was a little annoying (though after all the conversing he did with the worst of Sylvanas fans for months I can see why).
    But aside from that, he does a good job of not letting any personal bias taint his storytelling or viewpoints (which would be even more annoying), which I can appreciate in a content creator.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2018-11-08 at 10:49 PM.

For me, what annoys me the most, it’s his tongue rolling and desperate attempt at being a dramatic story teller. When he just talks normally, then I really appreciate what he does.

Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    this is a first, where's the mmochamp "WHO?" crowd
    i guess there's not much of a reason for the contrarian cunts to worm out of the woodwork.

anyway, i like him ok. wish he'd make more videos casually talking about the lore. i like his videos telling lore as a story, but i like to hear people casually talk about it more. their opinions and stuff.

Deleted
    I like him as a story teller but his vlogs and response video's are really cringy. I think he should stick with the story telling.

I don't care about his accent but the Dutch like to hate themselves so I understand where critics come from.
    Last edited by mmocd22c015b36; 2018-10-31 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    this is a first, where's the mmochamp "WHO?" crowd
    A informative channel/youtuber without "feewings" and "ma opuniuns" causing less mouthbreathing?
    Who would've guessed.

Deleted
    His accent is terrible and really, it is just a matter of putting thoughtful practice into it to improve it - something which he never does therefore I never watch his videos. Like, I love WoW-lore and I check every year or so if Nobbel has actually realized how bad he sounds and maybe has done something to improve his spelling/accent - and he never has.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love the guy and the channel, I'm not really into lore but I enjoy watching his videos from time to time.

I really don't see how his accent could possibly be hard to understand, no matter whether you like it or not.

His accent is his accent, not much he can do about that.

What really annoys me is one particular aspect of his scripts, a bad habit that he repeats incessantly: he'll break sentences up into smaller parts, and then in each sentence when he declares the subject he'll pause, and then continue the sentence while referring to the subject using an additional pronoun.

Example: "Kael'thas, he decided to destroy the Sunwell. And the blood elves, they had no choice but to go along with it. Because the font of power, it was corrupted."

As a technique used sparingly to add emphasis it wouldn't bother me, but the guy uses it in almost every goddamn sentence. He even inserts it into dialogue he's quoting directly from the game or novels. It annoys the hell out of me, to the extent that I often can't sit through any of his scripted videos.

He should just say, "Kael'thas decided to destroy the Sunwell, and the blood elves had no choice but to go along with it because the font of power was corrupted."
    I might be wrong here since I don't actually speak dutch myself (he's from the Netherlands), but I believe that's how their grammar is structured so it probably just carries over to English without him necessarily thinking about it. I've had a lot of dutch friends ever since I started playing MMOs in the early 2000's, and the vast majority of them who weren't completely fluent in english kept building sentences in the form of "<name> he is" or "<name> she said" which is obviously redundant in english.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    Yeah people keep mentioning his accent but that isn’t it, it’s the weird ass cadence he puts on. I guess he’s going for theatric but he just sounds like a douche.
    He talks the same way when he's on podcasts and stuff as well. It really gets on my nerves. Like, my dude, you don't have to narrate everything in a normal conversation like one of your videos. Watch one of finalbosstv's pre/post blizzcon podcasts that he was in to understand where I'm coming from.
    His content recently too hasn't been as accurate as it once was. I mean, i began delving into wow lore by watching this guy's wow lore history videos when he started out, but now it's content i usually actively avoid unless he does some speculation stuff, which is generally quite rare for him. Still subbed to him on YT though, in the hopes he'll learn and get better, cuz his content is otherwise pretty good.

Dude is very biased and his "helloooo everyone" is annoying as hell.

I love his stuff, he's really enthusiastic. People complain about his accent and the way he speaks and I think that's part of the charm

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not exactly sure you can lay that on Blizzard. It's not like he's the bearer of hidden knowledge. He's just summarizing quests, novels, comics, and cutscenes for people who aren't inclined to actually put in the time/effort/money to experience it firsthand.

That's sort of like saying those guys making "Infinity War: Explained!" videos on Youtube are doing Marvel's job for them. At some level, people just want someone else to do the thinking for them.
    You DO KNOW that it´s telling that people have to look for other sources when they´re having problems to understabd the story right?

And that´s NOT what you want.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not exactly sure you can lay that on Blizzard. It's not like he's the bearer of hidden knowledge. He's just summarizing quests, novels, comics, and cutscenes for people who aren't inclined to actually put in the time/effort/money to experience it firsthand.
    Well Blizzard is fucking awful at storytelling. I mean, I've played WoW for what...13 years? I don't know much about the WoW lore, it's such a mess.

I've played SWTOR, TESO, Wildstar, Rift etc. each for a couple of months and I can tell you more about the lore of those games than WoW really.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I appreciate Nobbel87 and his efforts to provide the extended lore of the Warcraft universe to a large audience, especially without obvious bias and unflagged theorizing.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sykretts View Post
    He talks the same way when he's on podcasts and stuff as well. It really gets on my nerves. Like, my dude, you don't have to narrate everything in a normal conversation like one of your videos. Watch one of finalbosstv's pre/post blizzcon podcasts that he was in to understand where I'm coming from.
    His content recently too hasn't been as accurate as it once was. I mean, i began delving into wow lore by watching this guy's wow lore history videos when he started out, but now it's content i usually actively avoid unless he does some speculation stuff, which is generally quite rare for him. Still subbed to him on YT though, in the hopes he'll learn and get better, cuz his content is otherwise pretty good.
    WAIT.

The voice he does is on purpose? WHY?!

its like he is holding his nose while he talks.

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    I really don't see how his accent could possibly be hard to understand, no matter whether you like it or not.
    Its like he holds his nose and then sometimes tries to be dramatic so he really enunciates something or speaks quickly so you are left wondering what the hell that was about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been subbed to Nobbel for many years, love his content, and the guy just seems like the nicest down to earth dude. Puts a lot of work into his videos and knows his lore.

He remands me of a forum poster in Vanilla/TBC on the EU forums named Xarantaur, who had a Q&A thread on lore and he would conduct this session where we ask him anything lore related and he would answer. I asked that guy so many questions back in the day. Miss that guy.

But I am getting off topic, but yea, I think my love for lore really attracted me to Nobbel's streams and videos.
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-10-31 at 02:33 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    LOL you people are incredible you judgin person by voice ? xD WTF this world need to end right now cause when this someone told you is OK it is not everyone of you got flaws non of you are incredibly beautiful xDD