Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

No it's not ret. Ret needs to be mindful of their partner and off heal and throw out blessings. You want something that is easy so I would suggest DH.

Ret paladins are easy. Fury warrior is incredibly fun.

Im waiting on 8.1 for my Zandalari troll paladin

Ret Paladin. Lots of utility, self healing, good support for partner.

Quote Originally Posted by fragnot View Post
    Hi there.

Ive played WoW for a long time, but never played much arena. Now im an old fart and i dont have the reactions of a 18 year old

What would be a good character for me? Im thinking something like a retribution paladin?
    DH is by far the easiest and the OP of the expac. Pretty much you do the same steps to burst .. Like a rotation based thing.

Fury or Enhancement are probably your best bets. Both of these together in arena basically win or lose in the first 20-30 seconds of the match.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Easiest doesn't really matter if you're going for gladiator or higher. Just pick the one that looks more fun.

If you want to have an easy time at low ratings then I would suggest DH or Warrior. Pretty straight forward with a healer. Just smash keys until stuff die.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Assassination Rogue.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Assassin and only assassin this is an arena specific question and assassin is by far the strongest DD spec in arenas with the most viable combs, while assassin is the easiest rogue spec, i have to admit that. However, bfa greatly pruned and weakened most other classes, too in BfA, we are still in beta after all.

DH has only a few viable combs and is squishy as hell, so very weak to all those kidneys of rogues.

DKs are not viable at all in arenas in addition all 3 specs just got nerfed again for "reasions"(pve)

Ret is a joke exactly like warriors. I just say evil mages.

BM hunter is probably your best bet here, if reactions are that slow otherwise rogue. (until crazy nerfes)

But other than skirmishes i doubt BM is any good in rated arena, but you got other specs to try. Surv should still be the best arena choice, and mm will be reworked with the current patch. (no idea if its enough)
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2018-12-11 at 04:26 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    DH would be my choice.

Ret...just no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    Assassin and only assassin this is an arena specific question and assassin is by far the strongest DD spec in arenas with the most viable combs, while assassin is the easiest rogue spec, i have to admit that. However, bfa greatly pruned and weakened most other classes, too in BfA, we are still in beta after all.

DH has only a few viable combs and is squishy as hell, so very weak to all those kidneys of rogues.

DKs are not viable at all in arenas in addition all 3 specs just got nerfed again for "reasions"(pve)

Ret is a joke exactly like warriors. I just say evil mages.

BM hunter is probably your best bet here, if reactions are that slow otherwise rogue. (until crazy nerfes)

But other than skirmishes i doubt BM is any good in rated arena, but you got other specs to try. Surv should still be the best arena choice, and mm will be reworked with the current patch. (no idea if its enough)
    Yeah it's a shame demon hunters only have such few viable combs. They usually rock such flamboyant hair styles too and they'd really need proper combs.

I would pick a rogue, they r always strong. Always viable. And have more comps u can play.

Warriors r probably next pick, they r usually strong but can only play in healer comps.

Most other classes are not always as viable as warriors and rogues. Stay away from ret, they just got pretty big burst damage and healing nerf and their mobility makes them really frustrating to play.