Poll: Do you agree with Don Lemon on this issue?

Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    I really wonder how many of these people are secret Trump supporters intentionally demotivating moderate whites from participating in politics by establishing the narrative that the right is crazy and the left hates white people.
    Are you saying that Don Lemon is secretly working for Donald Trump?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    He is applying fallacious thought to a different but similar statement to point out the ridiculous think behind, "a Muslim blew something up then we we should ban all Muslims". That if you believe that one bad actor spoils an entire group of people then 'white men' should be shown prejudice as Muslims.

We know thats ridiculous, but so is the way some people try to judge all Muslim people based on a few bad ones.
    The problem is, this happens: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0Aq2cs1Sqg

He isn't focusing on the situation. He isn't focusing on what is trying to be highlighted. People don't care. Like I said, shout something dumb, that is whatll get focused on.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    You are attributing malice to people when stupidity would be an adequate explanation my friend.

The Democrat strategy is basically to shame white people into supporting them instead of actually making good policy that benefits them or benefits the country.
    You forgot at the same time ushering in illegals from countries that overwhelmingly will support that party.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are attributing malice to people when stupidity would be an adequate explanation my friend.

The Democrat strategy is basically to shame white people into supporting them instead of actually making good policy that benefits them or benefits the country.
    There was a video released on youtube not that long ago saying that the DNC and the RNC were the same, that politics was a complete shitshow and there was no point in participating. Tons of the typical deconstructionist rhetoric that has become deeply entrenched in the Bernie-flavored left. If you looked at her followed channels, all things like Fox, Breitbart, etc.

If you don't think that Republicans have noticed that deconstructionism damages liberal turnout far more than conservative, you're underestimating them.

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    i'd put it down to religious values and bigotry over statements like this
    Religion sure, bigotry ehh. Bigots exist regardless of the party they affiliate with. Both sides have their bigots.

The person you quoted is pretty much right. Example: Hillary calling half the voters despicable drove people who otherwise wouldn't vote to go out and vote AGAINST her. The same thing will happen here, but to a MUCH LESSER extent. Don Lemons audience is nowhere near what Hillary's was when she made that statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Are you saying that Don Lemon is secretly working for Donald Trump?
    Not really, but the rhetoric he's playing into definitely works in Trump's favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    The problem is, this happens: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0Aq2cs1Sqg

He isn't focusing on the situation. He isn't focusing on what is trying to be highlighted. People don't care. Like I said, shout something dumb, that is whatll get focused on.
    Is it just me or does glenn beck look like colonel sanders?

7+ Year Old Account
    He is applying fallacious thought to a different but similar statement to point out the ridiculous think behind, "a Muslim blew something up then we we should ban all Muslims". That if you believe that one bad actor spoils an entire group of people then 'white men' should be shown prejudice as Muslims.

We know thats ridiculous, but so is the way some people try to judge all Muslim people based on a few bad ones.
    But we have stats from a lot of these countries that show a majority of people would stone gays, kill adulterers and apostates, etc. They are cultural instructions. Where as being a white man doesn't really come with cultural instructions.

If it's ridiculous, why would you try your hand at it? People say white people this and that if as soon as a headline appears.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Is it just me or does glenn beck look like colonel sanders?
    Lmao. Where does this guy get his wardrobe:

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    So you disagree with the very foundation of the US. Let’s not derail the thread with your need to bash religion.

Oh, and the vast majority of Muslims aren’t violent. We actually have far more christian terrorists in the US.
    Don Lemon started it though, he is analogizing religion with race...

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    The travel ban was upheld. Get over it. The president has the authority and saying that's racist to everything you disagree with isn't helping matters.
    I didn't say racist, you did. I believe our legal system should judge people based on their individual actions and not the ethnic groups they belong to. I believe that principle lies at the heart of justice and freedom. If you disagree, you have that right. But I have no obligation to be quiet.

Oh I'm sure. They also try to turn disaffected Liberal young men into Conservatives, because Liberals hate young white men more than probably anyone in the entire world, and they are easily mocked.

I see it happening, I'm just not silly enough to think Republicans are less retarded just because the Left is retarded sometimes too.
    That causes the another problem. Depending on Republicans to be a terrible foil to guarantee votes by ultimatum. That trick can only work for so long with the party actively not caring because they think voters have no choice. They just have the choice of not voting or trying third party.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Lmao. Where does this guy get his wardrobe:

He owns 1791 clothing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    But we have stats from a lot of these countries that show a majority of people would stone gays, kill adulterers and apostates, etc. They are cultural instructions. Where as being a white man doesn't really come with cultural instructions.
    Yet, American Muslims are more accepting of Homosexuality than White Evangelicals, claiming that the beliefs of individuals in the middle east are the same as Muslim immigrants is both prejudicial and factually incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    He didn't point it out though. He made a point that white people where terrorists. He didn't even attempt to clarify his statement from what I can see, and I am certainly trying to find the rest of the video to get some more context on this.
    What is there to clarify? Most of the damage from terrorism in the US is caused by white people. That's just a fact. Should we ban white people? Obviously that makes no sense. Makes you wonder if the ban on Muslims also makes no sense...
    Last edited by Huulo; 2018-10-31 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    He’s using it as a way to expose the ridiculousness of the religion argument you’re trying to make, so no he didn’t start it. The peo0le trying to ban Muslims, like yourself did. He’s simply responding to it.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m not saying we should hate anyone. I’m saying it’s ridiculous to trade in Islamophobia. Just like it would be ridiculous to hate Christians when the vast majority aren’t violent terrorists. I’m sorry you missed the point.
    How about this. Don Lemon should have stuck to staying "Hate for Mexicans and Muslims is a stupid thing and so is the ban". As soon as he mentioned white people, he sunk his good will and his first, accurate part of the message.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    But they are the biggest terror threat and we need to fear them.
    You added the part about fear yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Huulo View Post
    I didn't say racist, you did. I believe our legal system should judge people based on their individual actions and not the ethnic groups they belong to. I believe that principle lies at the heart of justice and freedom. If you disagree, you have that right. But I have no obligation to be quiet.
    We are fighting in yemen, somalia and syria. We are fighting militant groups. Venezuela, Iran and North Korea are hostile towards us and their governments aren't very cooperative. Why on earth do we want people from those countries right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Huulo View Post
    You added the part about fear yourself.
    There's no reason to bring up white people if the message was "Don't hate minorities". It can only be to cause more hatred.