Poll: Do you agree with Don Lemon on this issue?

Page 30 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Yeah because that's called guilt by association. If somebody is a criminal it will be caused by the culture the person grew up in, it won't be caused by their identity traits.
    You really aren't trying are you.

No one is associating all white people with the crimes of some white people.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    White males aren't a hive mind,not everyone thinks like you do
    Then tell me why a white male SHOULD feel persecuted unless they happen to have white supremacist ideologies? There's literally no reason for white men to feel persecuted by Don Lemon's comment. Waiting for a reason.

All he's saying is that there has been an uptick in "Far-Right Supremacist Terror" -- which is surprise surprise, mostly white men.

Does it make me feel bad for being white and a man? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosteye View Post
    Then tell me why a white male SHOULD feel persecuted unless they happen to have white supremacist ideologies? There's literally no reason for white men to feel persecuted by Don Lemon's comment. Waiting for a reason.

All he's saying is that there has been an uptick in "Far-Right Supremacist Terror" -- which is surprise surprise, mostly white men.

Does it make me feel bad for being white and a man? No.
    Perhaps because brushing a group of people with a broad stroke is dumb? This is legit exactly the same as saying we should ban Muslims from the country because of a few extremists, which is what he was literally trying to argue against. As a liberal I'm getting so pissed off by all this stupid identity politics shit from both sides. There was a black professor that was like 'I overestimated white people' when it came to the election of 2016. Like WTF man, white people were prob 50M+ of those who voted for Hillary Clinton.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Concerning Kavanaugh, lawyers I know, and lawyers I saw on youtube all said the same thing. Democrats didn't pursue questioning properly, they get to the edge of him committing perjury but never pressed the question to force him to answer one way or another. Democrats didn't push hard enough and allowed themselves to constantly be taken off course.

- - - Updated - - -

Gang violence =/= terrorism. Why would he?
    Legal Definition of terrorism 1 : the unlawful use or threat of violence especially against the state or the public as a politically motivated means of attack or coercion 2 : violent and intimidating gang activity street terrorism no need to apologize, you weren't taken seriously to begin with

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    You really aren't trying are you.

No one is associating all white people with the crimes of some white people.
    Did you watch the vid? Don Lemon is generalizing white males.

Quote Originally Posted by dpark1023 View Post
    They didnt know nice and civilized before it
    By that standard, neither did the occupiers.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah because that's called guilt by association. If somebody is a criminal it will be caused by the culture the person grew up in, it won't be caused by their identity traits.
    Man. That must really fucking suck. I couldn't imagine what that's like.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I wonder why these same people don't see a pattern when it comes to other forms of rape gangs and terrorism but an ethnoreligious group they are fond of fetishizing?
    We all know well enough who rapes, its the Mexicans.
    Trump told us.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    Perhaps because brushing a group of people with a broad stroke is dumb? This is legit exactly the same as saying we should ban Muslims from the country because of a few extremists, which is what he was literally trying to argue against. As a liberal I'm getting so pissed off by all this stupid identity politics shit from both sides.
    So now we're equating social theory that makes you feel uncomfortable with genocide? Cool.

There was a black professor that was like 'I overestimated white people' when it came to the election of 2016. Like WTF man, white people were prob 50M+ of those who voted for Hillary Clinton.
    The majority of white voters voted for Trump. That's just a fact.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder why these same people don't see a pattern when it comes to other forms of rape gangs and terrorism but an ethnoreligious group they are fond of fetishizing?
    Might have something to do with the facts not being on your side. As usual.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Trump told us.
    I was thinking of another group.... but if you say so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    The majority of white voters voted for Trump. That's just a fact.
    So? The majority of brown voters voted Hillary. What's your point.

I was thinking of another group.... but if you say so.
    Yes. We are aware of the hedonistic tendencies of the rich. I already described the situation to you in great detail.

- - - Updated - - -

So? The majority of brown voters voted Hillary. What's your point.
    Oh, right. I forgot this forum's stupid quote system facilitates Markov chain-style responses.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    not really,it makes a lot of those "evil white men" feel like the left is against them
    so they go where they don't feel persecuted and targetted,it just makes sense
    They might not be targeted inside that group, but joining that group just means that they put themselves into a group that is not far from persecution. It becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. You feel targeted so you go to a place that MAKES you into a target?

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Trump told us.
    Trump said Mexicans are rapists? When did that happen? I don't remember that one.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/realspi.../#10635cb21e74

Checkmate from 1992, so we can include the crazy nazi terrorist timmothy Mcvay, terrorists murdered 3,342 people on U.S. soil. Islamist terrorists are responsible for 92% of all those murders. The 9/11 attacks, by themselves, killed about 89% of all the victims during this time. We know spend billions of dollars and have fought two wars to stop it from coming to our shores.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    This story has been blowing up on twitter, but the real question is: was Don Lemon right?

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...-no-travel-ban
    This poll just illustrates the ignorance on these forums. This isn't a new thing. It's objectively true that white males account for more terrorist acts than ANY other demographic in the U.S.

People just don't want to believe it because that means they no longer have good reason to hate minorities.
    "Yeah man, I'll help you with whate- Oh, you have a spider problem? Yeah.... Fuck that."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vatrilian View Post

Checkmate from 1992, so we can include the crazy nazi terrorist timmothy Mcvay, terrorists murdered 3,342 people on U.S. soil. Islamist terrorists are responsible for 92% of all those murders. The 9/11 attacks, by themselves, killed about 89% of all the victims during this time. We know spend billions of dollars and have fought two wars to stop it from coming to our shores.
    It's not an either or situation when it comes to banning bad ideologies, both Nazis and Islamists can be banned from entry.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatsamurai View Post
    This poll just illustrates the ignorance on these forums. This isn't a new thing. It's objectively true that white males account for more terrorist acts than ANY other demographic in the U.S.

People just don't want to believe it because that means they no longer have good reason to hate minorities.
    Terrorists murdered 3,342 people on U.S. soil from 1992 through August 12, 2017. Islamist terrorists are responsible for 92% of all those murders. The 9/11 attacks, by themselves, killed about 89% of all the victims during this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vantheus View Post
    Legal Definition of terrorism 1 : the unlawful use or threat of violence especially against the state or the public as a politically motivated means of attack or coercion 2 : violent and intimidating gang activity street terrorism no need to apologize, you weren't taken seriously to begin with
    What is your source because my source is THE FBI

Domestic terrorism: Perpetrated by individuals and/or groups inspired by or associated with primarily U.S.-based movements that espouse extremist ideologies of a political, religious, social, racial, or environmental nature.
    --for example, the June 8, 2014 Las Vegas shooting, during which two police officers inside a restaurant were killed in an ambush-style attack, which was committed by a married couple who held anti-government views and who intended to use the shooting to start a revolution.
    "gang activity street terrorism" where the fuck are you getting that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Terrorists murdered 3,342 people on U.S. soil from 1992 through August 12, 2017. Islamist terrorists are responsible for 92% of all those murders. The 9/11 attacks, by themselves, killed about 89% of all the victims during this time.
    Yes, Islamist are responsible for the biggest attack. But white males carry out MORE attacks than ANY other group.
    "Yeah man, I'll help you with whate- Oh, you have a spider problem? Yeah.... Fuck that."

7+ Year Old Account
    It's not a competition... It's like comparing two turds and then claiming one of them smells good because it's not as bad as the other. The solution is to get rid of both problems.