Poll: Do you agree with Don Lemon on this issue?

Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's almost like it's a tongue in cheek comment about how whenever someone brown does something it's news of the highest order followed by arguments regarding immigration and "dem muslim terrorists", but whenever some random white dude goes on a spree it's just about how "the system failed him" or " he was sick" and how there's nothing really to be done about it (totally not a guns/mental health issue at all guise! Nuffin' to see here!)

But subtext is lost on the vast majority of the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Are you thing to say that it’s ok to trump up fear of brown folk even though most recent attacks haven’t been from them because there was a terror attack 17 years ago? Your not really that stupid are you? I mean your arguing that jews should still be scared of Germans due to ww2 even though as you said Germans are not the ones targeting Jews now adays. Like really no one could be so stupid you must be trolling surly.
    I simply don't like hypocrisy and double standards, whats so hard about that to understand?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You're saying it's okay for us to fear white people because you don't disagree with Don Lemon.
    I just replied to you that I don’t agree that he should have made it a race thing what are you on about?

I just replied to you that I don’t agree that he should have made it a race thing what are you on about?
    You can't agree that his statement about white men is correct but also wrong. I mean, you could. But then you'd be just as hilarious as him saying "Don't demonize people", then immediately demonizing people.

It's also hilarious because it's so bad to for anyone to say anything negative about minorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    It's almost like it's a tongue in cheek comment about how whenever someone brown does something it's news of the highest order followed by arguments regarding immigration and "dem muslim terrorists", but whenever some random white dude goes on a spree it's just about how "the system failed him" or " he was sick" and how there's nothing really to be done about it (totally not a guns/mental health issue at all guise! Nuffin' to see here!)

But subtext is lost on the vast majority of the planet.
    You can't agree that his statement about white men is correct but also wrong. I mean, you could. But then you'd be just as hilarious as him saying "Don't demonize people", then immediately demonizing people.

It's also hilarious because it's so bad to for anyone to say anything negative about minorities.

Be honest here, if Don Lemon was white and you reversed his comment to be about black men, what do you think the reaction would have been here?
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I simply don't like hypocrisy and double standards, whats so hard about that to understand?

There is no hypocrisy or double standerds in my post. What he said is factually true most terrorist attacks in America are done by white people that doesn’t how ever mean that all white people are to blame or that when there is a Muslim terrorist attack all Muslims are to blame. He made a statement of fact that how ever doesn’t mean the way he made that statement is the right way.

Be honest here, if Don Lemon was white and you reversed his comment to be about black men, what do you think the reaction would have been here?
    First thing comes to mind, they'd demand he be fired and CNN apologize.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatagarasu View Post
    Can you support your claim that most terrorist attack were made by right wingers by hard facts? I'm genuinly interested in that and would like to see it, could you provide a link to a credible source?
    Did you miss the GAO report I linked? https://www.gao.gov/assets/690/683984.pdf

If you're going to claim the Government Accountability Office is "not credible", I'm just gonna laugh.

7+ Year Old Account

I actually can agree with the FACT in his statement without agreeing with the way he presented that FACT.

Let’s go ahead and use minority’s as an example. If some one says you should be scared of all black people because they commit a higher % of crime you can agree with the fact that they commit a higher % of crime but not agree that you should be scared of all of them.

I actually can agree with the FACT in his statement without agreeing with the way he presented that FACT.

Let’s go ahead and use minority’s as an example. If some one says you should be scared of all black people because they commit a higher % of crime you can agree with the fact that they commit a higher % of crime but not agree that you should be scared of all of them.
    No, we can't bring up minority crime statistics. That's horribly racist.

Also, how do you feel his wanting a white men ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Between 9/11 and through 2016? https://www.gao.gov/assets/690/683984.pdf

106 deaths due to right-wing terror attacks, in 62 separate incidents.

Before Venant whines about them starting the numbers on September 12, it's a report meant to analyze post-9/11 violence and responses, explicitly. They explain all this in the document.
    So Extreme Muslims are still the biggest threat? Got it

There is no hypocrisy or double standerds in my post. What he said is factually true most terrorist attacks in America are done by white people that doesn’t how ever mean that all white people are to blame or that when there is a Muslim terrorist attack all Muslims are to blame. He made a statement of fact that how ever doesn’t mean the way he made that statement is the right way.
    And yet, CNN attacked an anonymous internet poster who made a meme about them, because he had made an infograph depicting jewish representation in the media. I mean, that anonymous poster was merely stating facts about the religion of media executives, don't you agree that we should be able to state these facts? Isn't this a clear double standard by CNN?

7+ Year Old Account
    No, we can't bring up minority crime statistics. That's horribly racist.

Also, how do you feel his wanting a white men ban?
    Crime stats are only racist if you try and use them to say people commit crime because they are black or you should fear people because of the stat, but I get that you don’t want to discuss crime stats and are just poking fun.

As far as a ban it’s idiotic just as banning Any race or religion.

First thing comes to mind, they'd demand he be fired and CNN apologize.
    why, whatever do you mean? You don't think all these people would be interested in debating the finer points and nuance of what he said? Are you saying that the same people would probably just be screaming 'outrage' and 'Nazi'? If only there were examples of people getting fired for making comments deemed to be 'offensive'...

7+ Year Old Account
    And yet, CNN attacked an anonymous internet poster who made a meme about them, because he had made an infograph depicting jewish representation in the media. I mean, that anonymous poster was merely stating facts about the religion of media executives, don't you agree that we should be able to state these facts? Isn't this a clear double standard by CNN?

Ya I know next to nothing about cnn and have never heard of what ever your talking about, so I’ll give you a solid Mabye.

Crime stats are only racist if you try and use them to say people commit crime because they are black or you should fear people because of the stat, but I get that you don’t want to discuss crime stats and are just poking fun.

So what you are saying is that it is racist to talk about factors like IQ and Time Preference, even when there is data that suggest a high correlation between these factors and race? It would be extremely racist to say that a factor for why Japanese society is the way it is, is due to the fact that the Japanese seem to test very high when measuring IQ and Time Preference?

They are just as true as anything else he said you agree with. So, people shouldn't get pissy when crime statistics being brought up if people need to accept what Lemon said. But it's going to be used for fear. That's why he said it and that makes the no demonizing thing the hilarious joke it is.

And he must not think racial bans are bad if he wants one so fucking badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosteye View Post
    Except I'm white/male and I don't feel persecuted

Maybe if you're a white/male who thinks letting the president give white supremacists a "free pass" in Charlottesville is OK. But that's not me.
    White males aren't a hive mind,not everyone thinks like you do

7+ Year Old Account
    So what you are saying is that it is racist to talk about factors like IQ and Time Preference, even when there is data that suggest a high correlation between these factors and race? It would be extremely racist to say that a factor for why Japanese society is the way it is, is due to the fact that the Japanese seem to test very high when measuring IQ and Time Preference?
    I’m saying that breaking down crime stats into just skin colour is an idiotic thing because skin colour has no baring some ones culture and crime is not the same across all cultures. A black person from the hood is not the same as a black immigrant grown up in a comptly different culture so bundling them all up into one stat is moronic, this goes for black people white people brown blue ect.

I’m saying that breaking down crime stats into just skin colour is an idiotic thing because skin colour has no baring some ones culture and crime is not the same across all cultures. A black person from the hood is not the same as a black immigrant grown up in a comptly different culture so bundling them all up into one stat is moronic, this goes for black people white people brown blue ect.
    Which is why he is racist. He did exactly what he complained about in the same sentence.