Poll: Do you agree with Don Lemon on this issue?

Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    They are just as true as anything else he said you agree with. So, people shouldn't get pissy when crime statistics being brought up if people need to accept what Lemon said. But it's going to be used for fear. That's why he said it and that makes the no demonizing thing the hilarious joke it is.

And he must not think racial bans are bad if he wants one so fucking badly.
    Crime stats are a fact that’s true so is what he said but any one who looks at either of them to generalize a whole group of people based soly on here skin colour is an idiot.

As far as what he wants I don’t know but the statement he made leaves something to be desired.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2018-10-31 at 05:38 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Which is why he is racist. He did exactly what he complained about in the same sentence.
    I never said he wasn’t racist just that part of what he said is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Crime stats are a fact that’s true so is what he said but any one who looks at either of them are using it to generalize a whole group of people based soly on here skin colour is an idiot.

As far as what he wants I don’t know but the statement he made leaves something to be desired.
    It perfectly encapsulates what he thinks in a nice bite size. Right down to being a massive hypocrite.

- - - Updated - - -

I never said he wasn’t racist just that part of what he said is true.
    Alright. So, he belongs in the racist bin society is supposed to dump people like him in.

Or people will give him a pass because politics.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Generally, men of any "race" tend to be the sex that is prone to violence. "White men" are a majority of men in the US, so just by statistical outcome, it would be true.

So yes, he is right.
    So we can also say that black men are overrepresented in crimes then right? I mean nothing wrong with that then right?

Nobody will call racismn over that RIGHT?

7+ Year Old Account
    It perfectly encapsulates what he thinks in a nice bite size. Right down to being a massive hypocrite.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright. So, he belongs in the racist bin society is supposed to dump people like him in.

Or people will give him a pass because politics.
    I don’t know if he is an actual racist or if he was just trying to make a very poorly executed point I don’t know enough about the guy.

If he is a racist then yes he should be in what ever racist dump if he isn’t I still wouldn’t suggest backing him as what ever his views are the way he puts them out is done horribly.

They are, in petty crime... due to things like culture, education, poverty...
    Petty crime, like homicides?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

If you count wars white guys are 100% the most deadly thing on the planet :P
    We start most of them in brown guys countries

7+ Year Old Account
    They are, in petty crime... due to things like culture, education, poverty...
    Violence, drug abuse and so on are petty crimes?

And you´re really thinking that this won´t be a huge uproar if it would say that black persons are overrepresented like really?

I don’t know if he is an actual racist or if he was just trying to make a very poorly executed point I don’t know enough about the guy.

If he is a racist then yes he should be in what ever racist dump if he isn’t I still wouldn’t suggest backing him as what ever his views are the way he puts them out is done horribly.
    Alright then. Statistics are whatever. But people who complain about demonizing people by skin color have zero reason to "accidentally" say dumb shit like that.

don Lemon might want to look at FBI homicide stats.
    and while looking at those stats also realise they list latinos/hispanics/mestizos as white.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    This story has been blowing up on twitter, but the real question is: was Don Lemon right?

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...-no-travel-ban
    No. Trump is the biggest terror threat to this country.

7+ Year Old Account
    Alright then. Statistics are whatever. But people who complain about demonizing people by skin color have zero reason to "accidentally" say dumb shit like that.
    Well either he’s a racist, I don’t know haven’t heard of him till now. or he’s just a truly idiotic speaker, either way not a horse I’d bet on.

Usually of other black men due to gang related activity... but regardless, there is a reason for that beside "race"... it is an issue of culture, lack of good schools and education, and poverty...
    So would you say there is a correlation between the number of young black men that are incarcerated and the number of young black men that are members of organizations that commit murder as one of their 'business practices'?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    No. Trump is the biggest terror threat to this country.
    So what you are saying is, Orange Man is the real terrorist?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

7+ Year Old Account
    I think there would be an uproar, but honesty is tending to do that... however if you keep race out of it and focus on the issues that compound the issue of crime in the African American community(culture, education, poverty), eventually the yelling will hopefully calm down, and people that want to solve problems instead of getting offended by truth, come to the forefront. At least... ideally...
    Come on Connal, we both know what´s more likely to happen.

And that´s what wrong but the left (i´m not saying the right isn´t doing it but it´s happening mor ein the left side) won´t ever stop it.

I’ve noticed a double standard exists in this country.

When a Muslim commits a crime they’re a terrorist

When a black man commits a crime they’re a subhuman thug

When a Mexican commits a crime they’re a toxic immigrant that needs to be deported

But when a white man, that is usually a right wing terrorist commits a crime no one wants to talk about it, they are never labeled a terrorist and often dismissed as being mentally ill.

The racist on these boards always love to bring up statistics about black people committing crimes but they NEVER want to talk about deranged white men committing mass shootings in movies, schools, churches, and super markets. if you’re truly concerned about crime mention all crime.

Stop being bias and only mentioning crime statistics when it’s a person of color.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    So what you are saying is, Orange Man is the real terrorist?
    What would you call someone who lied, cheated, and stole to win an election, and is now spewing hate, fear, racism, and lies with every breath - all in an effort to divide the United States? I would call that a terrorist. That's Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If you want an image of what the average American domestic terrorist looks like, though, it's an older white guy who votes Republican. I don't think the age or race are determinative of the radicalization, but they're still technically accurate.
    I was told years ago that racial profiling has no place in our society.

A "White guy ban"? If the US banned men from Canada, UK, Finland & Germany it wouldnt be considered a "White guy ban"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    What would you call someone who lied, cheated, and stole to win an election, and is now spewing hate, fear, racism, and lies with every breath - all in an effort to divide the United States? I would call that a terrorist. That's Donald Trump.
    Thats pretty much any politician. Trump just doesnt care to hide it.
    Kara Swisher: What do you think about Cory Booker saying kick them in the shins?
    Hillary Clinton: Well, that was Eric Holder.
    Kara Swisher: Eric Holder, oh, Eric Holder, sorry.
    Hillary Clinton: Yeah, I know they all look alike.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think there would be an uproar, but honesty is tending to do that... however if you keep race out of it and focus on the issues that compound the issue of crime in the African American community(culture, education, poverty), eventually the yelling will hopefully calm down, and people that want to solve problems instead of getting offended by truth, come to the forefront. At least... ideally...
    I really wish there was a different word for black people born into the for lack of a better word thuggish culture in America. African American is such a poor blanket term that doesn’t outline different cultures with in.

Other then that pet peeve of mine I agree with connal.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    Thats pretty much any politician. Trump just doesnt care to hide it.
    No, it's not - and it's deplorable that you would even say that. "Both Sides" - just another example of what he's done to this country.
    Last edited by cubby; 2018-10-31 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ret4resto View Post
    I’ve noticed a double standard exists in this country.

When a Muslim commits a crime they’re a terrorist

When a black man commits a crime they’re a subhuman thug

When a Mexican commits a crime they’re a toxic immigrant that needs to be deported

But when a white man, that is usually a right wing terrorist commits a crime no one wants to talk about it, they are never labeled a terrorist and often dismissed as being mentally ill.

The racist on these boards always love to bring up statistics about black people committing crimes but they NEVER want to talk about deranged white men committing mass shootings in movies, schools, churches, and super markets. if you’re truly concerned about crime mention all crime.

Stop being bias and only mentioning crime statistics when it’s a person of color.
    Its called ratings.

Its the same reason why when a pretty white girl goes missing her pretty face is plastered all over the media. If a black girl goes missing, not word.

Its why when an unarmed black kid gets shot by police his face is all over the media, but when an unarmed white kid gets shot nothing.
    Its why when an unarmed black kid gets shot by police his face is all over the media, but when a cop get shot nothing.
    Kara Swisher: What do you think about Cory Booker saying kick them in the shins?
    Hillary Clinton: Well, that was Eric Holder.
    Kara Swisher: Eric Holder, oh, Eric Holder, sorry.
    Hillary Clinton: Yeah, I know they all look alike.