Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ecuador: Assange cleaning the cat box is not "violating his fundamental rights"

Assange sued Ecuador.

Ecuador says Assage's cat poops everywhere and Assange won't clean it up.

How many more months do you think Ecuador will give sanctuary to Assange? Post your guess below, the winner gets the covented, lord of Gen OT title for a day.

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/...rights-lawsuit

Julian Assange had a lawsuit thrown out Monday that claimed new rules imposed by the Ecuadorian embassy in London, including demands he clean up after his cat, violated his rights.

The Ecuadorian judge, Karla Martinez, found the embassy was “not violating his fundamental rights” by laying down new house rules — including making the Wikileaks founder pay for internet use and laundry facilities, as well as picking up cat mess.

Rather, embassy staff had a right to set down basic conditions for Assange, who took asylum in the country’s cramped consulate six years ago.

Assange’s lawsuit is the latest strain on a fraying relationship between the long-term house guest and his Ecuadorian hosts.

Assange took refuge in the embassy to avoid potential extradition to Sweden in a sexual assault case that has since been dropped.

The 47-year-old filed the lawsuit after Ecuador imposed new house rules on him, saying he had to follow them, or leave the embassy and face British authorities.

Those rules included paying for his own food and medical care, keeping the bathroom clean, and getting prior authorization for any visitors.

A cat wearing a striped tie and white collar looks out of the window of the Embassy of Ecuador as Swedish prosecutors question Wikileaks founder Julian Assange on November 14, 2016 in London, England. (Chris J Ratcliffe/Getty Images)
    Assange argued that the rules were part of a push to force him from the embassy. During his 20-minute video-link presentation to the court in Quito Monday, he accused Ecuadorian authorities of being in talks with the U.S. and the U.K. over his status.

Ecuador says the rules are aimed at making their ongoing cohabitation work, in a modest building in which Assange takes up more than a third of the space. Hosting Assange has so far cost Ecuador $6 million, according to the country’s Attorney General Inigo Salvador.

While the Swedish case against him has been dropped, Assange fears extradition to the U.S. for his activities with WikiLeaks. U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions has previously described arresting Assange as a “priority” for his government.

READ: No one at the embassy will tell Assange the wifi password

In March, the embassy in London temporarily cut Assange’s Internet connection, saying his online activism was “interfering in other countries' affairs.”

Assange’s legal team have appealed the decision. “The Ecuadorian state has an international responsibility to protect Mr. Assange,” said his attorney, Carlos Poveda.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

This is the most stupid international scandal Ive read besided the name thing in Macedonia. I love it!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm only here to look at the cat wearing a tie.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I'm only here to look at the cat wearing a tie.

https://twitter.com/EmbassyCat/media

Wow. That guy is so weak.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a pathetic human being.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Authary View Post
    Wow. That guy is so weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    What a pathetic human being.
    Tone it down a bit guys, the article clearly says it is a cat. You can tell by the ears and every other part of its body.

He's so special he cant even clean his own stuff? damn... He even filled a lawsuit againts the people protecting him? man... that's an easy way to get thrown out lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Tone it down a bit guys, the article clearly says it is a cat. You can tell by the ears and every other part of its body.
    Unsure if serious or kappa.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

"Assange sued Ecuador."?

Can't sue the King!

Can he not smell? Cat box gets really smelly after a while if you don't clean it and the cat will stop using it.

wish they would extradite him to the US so he could be properly executed.

Didn't this little bitch claim that he would turn himself into US authorities if Obama agreed to release Chelsea Mann? Could've swore he did...
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Deleted
    Someone get elon musk to make a rocket capsule to help him escape. He can reuse that tube thing he sent to pedo guy.

I appreciate his work but at this point he’s becoming an annoying little shit.

Sure send him back to America. He’s turned into a real attention whoring asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Life Capital View Post
    This is the most stupid international scandal Ive read besided the name thing in Macedonia. I love it!
    The Macedonia name thing is way more fun. So easy to troll the Balkaneers over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ironic this rat in a cage is being harassed for not cleaning up after his cat, LOL!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

As has been repeated as nauseam, he's the one choosing not to surrender to legal authorities. He's choosing to live like that.

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    wish they would extradite him to the US so he could be properly executed.
    He's committed no crime where execution is the punishment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    As has been repeated as nauseam, he's the one choosing not to surrender to legal authorities. He's choosing to live like that.

He's committed no crime where execution is the punishment.
    pretty sure treason still carries the death penalty.
    (cf 18 usc 2381)

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    pretty sure treason still carries the death penalty.
    (cf 18 usc 2381)
    Treason requires assange, an australian, to be an american, which he's not, because he's australian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Since this has been slightly necro'd, let's see how he's doing!

https://www.businessinsider.com/juli...floors-2018-11

Ecuadorian embassy workers are sick and tired of Julian Assange treating its London embassy like a sports rink, according to Reuters.

Workers say that the WikiLeaks founder has ruined the embassy floors by skateboarding through the halls, playing soccer on the grounds, and not consistently cleaning up after his cat.

Earlier in October, the embassy posted strict housekeeping rules for Assange, telling him to take better care of his bathroom and potentially lose his cat if he doesn't take better care of it. The embassy also said it would stop paying for his medical bills and would stop paying for costs related to his housing.

This isn't the first time people have complained about his hygiene.

"Julian ate everything with his hands and he always wiped his fingers on his pants. I have never seen pants as greasy as his in my whole life," his aide Daniel Domscheit-Berg told the International Business Times in January.

Andrew O'Hagan, who was hired to help Assange write his memoirs in 2011, concurred. "People in magazine articles say he doesn't eat, but he had three helpings of lasagna that night and he ate both the baked potato and the jam pudding with his hands," wrote O'Hagan. "Julian scorns all attempts at social graces. He eats like a pig."
    Y'know, I'd feel sorry for Ecuador if it weren't for the fact that they could kick him out in a goddamn instant, but won't because, I dunno, they want to stick it to America or something.
    A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.