Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Question 8.1 PTR: Disc 50 second Atonement

Discipline

• Atonement Power Word: Shield, Shadow Mend, and Power Word: Radiance apply Atonement to your target for 15 50 sec. Your spell damage heals all targets affected by Atonement for 55% of the damage done. Priest - Discipline Spec. Priest - Discipline Spec.
    What.....the...?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

It can only be a typo. Atonement% going down to 50%, most probably.

Obviously they meant that the heal gets reduced from 55 to 50%.

15+ Year Old Account
    No fucking way. Are they really unable to balance this spec properly without killing atonement heals and dps as well?
    It's 60% on live and our dps is going to get nerfed by 8% or so. Combining these nerfs, atonement will be down by A LOT. All this because some of the top 1% players are too good with the spec, yeah nice.

To the ground baby.

clearly a typo, why is everyone losing their minds over this
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Disc is doomed, time to reroll mistweavers

It says 15sec to 50sec... where are people getting 50% transfer for Atonement? Making shit up is a bad idea. It's a tooltip error; datamining sometimes grabs some weird shit.

Either it's a typo or there's some underlying change that you can't detect from simple datamining such as adding diminishing returns to atonement in order to keep the skill variance in check between good and bad players but the possibility of this actually happening is very small, most likely case is that it's a typo.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think they probably just typoed that value of 50 to the wrong bracket (or however it is written in their code). So they were supposed to nerf the healing from 55% to 50% but instead typoed that 50 to the duration bracket.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I think they probably just typoed that value of 50 to the wrong bracket (or however it is written in their code). So they were supposed to nerf the healing from 55% to 50% but instead typoed that 50 to the duration bracket.
    Let’s not make assumptions. The spec is already balanced after the previous nerfs I doubt they’d go much further.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MendUS View Post
    Let’s not make assumptions. The spec is already balanced after the previous nerfs I doubt they’d go much further.
    Well that assumption makes a whole lot more sense than 50 second atonement.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Well that assumption makes a whole lot more sense than 50 second atonement.
    Maybe it means literally nothing and the datamining is picking up a tooltip error like it has thousands of times in the past for all specs.

/popcorn10char

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MendUS View Post
    Maybe it means literally nothing and the datamining is picking up a tooltip error like it has thousands of times in the past for all specs.
    Let's not make assumptions!

Well, assuming its not a typo, I can see that extending our atonements is going to free us up to DPS a lot more. So while the DPS spells are being curbed back, its giving us a larger window to push out DPS and hence atonement healing, rather than having to reapply more frequently.

But from 15s to 50s, is a huuuuuuge increase and I am in agreement with that something in that whole datamined update has to be typo'd in error. I just wanted to play the devil's advocate to figure out how or why this may be occurring.
    Last edited by griselda; 2018-11-01 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by griselda View Post
    Well, assuming its not a typo, I can see that extending our atonements is going to free us up to DPS a lot more. So while the DPS spells are being curbed back, its giving us a larger window to push out DPS and hence atonement healing, rather than having to reapply more frequently.

But from 15s to 50s, is a huuuuuuge increase and I am in agreement with that something in that whole datamined update has to be typo'd in error. I just wanted to play the devil's advocate to figure out how or why this may be occurring.
    Seems very likely they mean they reduced atonement conversion from 55% to 50%. Changing the duration to 50 seconds would of warranted a post of some sort talking about quality of life changes.

100% typo if nothing else changes.

If not a typo, that means something else will be implemented, like Atonement fades after the targets takes XX damage/healing, but I don't see how that could be working at all

I said it months ago, atonement time is too short. 50 seconds is extreme 25 seconds would be cool. spending 75% of my time applying it is crappy.

they can nerf the "healing 75%.... but undo the spambot feel we have now. I despise trying to dps/line crap up with attonment time wearing off.

it needs a buff to duration.