Poll: Which hypothetical allied races would you actually want to play?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Nobody came up with a better type of Undead (for the Horde) than the damned vampires?
    For me cult of the damned or some shadowland people from the travel of Vol'jin are my candidates
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    High Elves. I've wanted a High Elf Hunter in Alliance 60 PVP and more recently the Golden Warfront Set. I'm also interested in Mage and Priest, but I'd change my Alliance Main Hunter and one of my Alt Warriors and probably replace my Void Elf Priest with a High Elf one to level. I also faction/race changed a Blood Elf Rogue to Void Elf and that would get insta-changed as well.

Being realistic I'd make one of each with the aim of levelling it. I have one of each right now but besides the Dark Iron the other four are still 20 (not unlocked Mag'har, not rushing either). Also where are Saberon/Botani in this poll?
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

If we can get a Mok'nathal model that looks half as good as Rexxar, I may change my main from an Orc for the first time in history.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    The kitchen sink approach sounds good, but Ion already stated i think that they don't want too many races and this system won't be mandatory in the next expansions.
    I don't think the system is going anywhere, it's just not going to be featured as heavily. They will balance it against fully new races, new classes, and whatever the story of the current patch/expansion is at the time. I think there will be times when it's obviously the right move to make, but it'll be very situational after BFA, unless they decide to revisist it in full force in a later expansion.

Leper gnome for the horde!

Honestly, I'm gonna wind up with an alt of every race and have one of every class, so I'd play any allied race.

The ones I'd look particularly forward to, though, are Vulpera, Sethrak, Tol'vir, Saberon and Botani.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I don't think the system is going anywhere, it's just not going to be featured as heavily. They will balance it against fully new races, new classes, and whatever the story of the current patch/expansion is at the time. I think there will be times when it's obviously the right move to make, but it'll be very situational after BFA, unless they decide to revisist it in full force in a later expansion.
    Yeah, but it's still big ''if'' and ''maybe''. :P
    They might do that once every 2 years and again add some new created races and ignore the OG ones, yet again. It's like ugh..
    I'm just losing hope i guess.

They also have that boring scheme so far that every old race gets a new version in some way(Orc-Orc, Human-Human) etc.
    Maybe they will do something different at blizzcon..
    Last edited by ImTheMizAwesome; 2018-11-02 at 01:37 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I know it wouldn't make any sense at all but I would love to have the black and spiky felorcs from WoD to be an allied race ._.. Would die for san'layn too even though it would be yet another elven race.

Ogres? Are you taking the piss here? Okay, Half-Ogre if you speak about Rexxar and the likes. Maybe. I get that... but come on. Half of the playerbase still hates Pandaren because they are fat and the outrage about the Kul'Tirans is also 50% because they aren't playboyshaped. You want to tell me you really want one-eyed fatguys that are also 90% dum as a bag of hammers to the degree that calling them "mentally challenged" is an insult to mentally challenged people? I mean more power to you if you do, but i honestly doubt that somehow... Sounds a bit like its something you BELIEVE you want, till you actually get it... That race would probably be more niché in playernumbers than any other.

My vote is obvious i guess. But im somehow sure we will end up with Vulpera (which is totally fine) and ... ...Mecha-Gnomes... *snore*

edit: Actually; Mark my words. The vote right now depicts Mecha-Gnomes as the least wanted option even below lightforged undead which are very likely either just forsaken or humans judging by the book. My bet is, this is what we end up getting this weekend next to Vulpera if any races are announced and if im right i will prohibit myself from ever again speaking in favor for Blizzard when someone mentions they aren't listening, because the current opinion in the vote was obvious beforehand.
    Last edited by SoundOfGuns; 2018-11-02 at 02:44 AM.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

None of the above. I just want Forest trolls, no other race its good enough for me after the Zandalari
    Zul'Jin died for our sins.
    --
    My Loa are smiling at me infidel. can you say the same?

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    Ogres? Are you taking the piss here? Okay, Half-Ogre if you speak about Rexxar and the likes. Maybe. I get that... but come on. Half of the playerbase still hates Pandaren because they are fat and the outrage about the Kul'Tirans is also 50% because they aren't playboyshaped. You want to tell me you really want one-eyed fatguys that are also 90% dum as a bag of hammers to the degree that calling them "mentally challenged" is an insult to mentally challenged people? I mean more power to you if you do, but i honestly doubt that somehow... Sounds a bit like its something you BELIEVE you want, till you actually get it... That race would probably be more niché in playernumbers than any other.

My vote is obvious i guess. But im somehow sure we will end up with Vulpera (which is totally fine) and ... ...Mecha-Gnomes... *snore*

edit: Actually; Mark my words. The vote right now depicts Mecha-Gnomes as the least wanted option even below lightforged undead which are very likely either just forsaken or humans judging by the book. My bet is, this is what we end up getting this weekend next to Vulpera if any races are announced and if im right i will prohibit myself from ever again speaking in favor for Blizzard when someone mentions they aren't listening, because the current opinion in the vote was obvious beforehand.
    I doubt they even care to listen, the light forged undeads is a must because that was the whole point of the preview book and also because they want to do shadowlands and the alliance needs undeads guides(Bolvar doesn't count because he is being build up to be killed in a trial of valor raid style with 3 bosses).

Sethrak could be a good neutral race that could join at the "last moment" of the expansion being the token of the pandarens
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Satyr for alliance and Eredar for the horde would be awesome it wouldn't be much of a stretch for them to be demon hunters also and they could be introduced from our Illidari allies will never happen but I can dream can't I.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDragon View Post
    I'd race change half of my roster to Sethrak if they were a Horde allied race.
    Another player after my own heart.

Sethrak (A) & Vulpera (H), Tortollan (Neutral, A / H) -possible, maybe likely-

Mechagnomes (A) & Broken (H) -possible but likely not-

High Elves (A), Taunka (H), Tuskarr (Neutral, A / H) -possible but likely not-

Naga (A), Ogres (H) -we all know it should happen but never will-

Honorbound Orcs (A), Ashvane Loyalists (H) -just thought I'd share an idea-

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    Ogres were originally planned for TBC inclusion. They've always been on the Horde docket as an option in Blizzard's eyes.
    "These are Allied Races, these aren't Sub-Races. There's no direct associated Race or "Parent Race" or anything like that" -Ion Hazzikostas, Blizzcon 2017 Q&A

None of those. Terrible options.

Sethrak or Vulpera.

Interesting that the top 2 are races which are entirely new to the warcraft universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Interesting that the top 2 are races which are entirely new to the warcraft universe.
    Cute foxes will always be popular in MMO's because many loves cute and pretty.

As for Sethrak, even tho i don't like lizard races and all this stuff, they look nice. Low chances i would play one, but still, they look unique.

Not that much love for big, dangerous looking, a little on the ugly side races.

@Maxrokur, still i press ''x'' to doubt when it comes to lightforge undead.
    Human model with gold eyes sounds even more boring than mecha gnomes and this whole corny lightforge thingy.
    Last edited by ImTheMizAwesome; 2018-11-02 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDragon View Post
    Ogres were originally planned for TBC inclusion. They've always been on the Horde docket as an option in Blizzard's eyes.
    I heard that too? Wasn't sure how real that was... But here is the thing; So were Naga. The Naga were actually planned in classic. Nothing ever came of that tho.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    As for Sethrak, even tho i don't like lizard races and all this stuff, they look nice. Low chances i would play one, but still, they look unique.
    The Sethrak mostly interest me because they are something new. With the Vulpera - which was always a When and not If question - we got 3 furred beast races, 4 Elves, 2 Dwarfs, 2 Midgets and the rest (Humans/Kul'Tirans, Orcs/Ethnic-Minority Orcs, Trolls/Aztec Trolls and Draenei/Shiny Draenei) are also distinctively humanoid even tho they my split off from the norm in bodymass or foot-print. Sethrak are - like you said - at least unique. They use the Worgen basic skeleton but you need to actually search for that resemblence to notice it. Kind of a fresh wind, you know?
    Last edited by SoundOfGuns; 2018-11-02 at 12:28 PM.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.