Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Beginning of BFA vs Beginning of Legion?

Looking at the complaints of BFA, I am wondering what is so bad about it in comparison to Legion.

I watched Asmongold's video (The State of Battle for Azeroth) and he said he thought BFA was worse than WoD (Which is a fucking statement to make since its fucking WoD for crying out loud). I am coming back to the game and just wondering what people are talking about.

Legion's issues at the beginning I believe were:
    - AP Grind
    - Legendary Drop Rates
    - Titanforging
    - Shadow Priests being too powerful

I can't remember if that was it. And in BFA, the complaints I am seeing is mainly Titanforging, shamans suck, island expeditions and warfronts aren't that great...

Other than that, I have no idea why Asmongold said this. Especially when he said WoD was better (Which, again, is a huge statement to make when the ones who did play know how much of a shit show it was).

15+ Year Old Account
    No question, beginning of Legion was better.
    Here is something to believe in!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man I remember everyone being mad about the locked relic slot, and the AP grind, and the Legiondaries.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    Beginning of BFA is better.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

BFA has done almost nothing except for remove things from the game. From ability pruning to the GCD changes to Azerite gear being terrible and more. Warfronts and Islands are also a joke while being the only things BFA actually "added".

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Content wise, legion. Everything felt new and fresh. BFA is like a patch for the legion

They both have aspects that bog down the entire feel of the expansion.

-AP was/is terrible from the start of both expansions
    -Legiondaries were terrible to obtain in Legion
    -Uldir is very poorly thoughtout(in a Mythic sense) in BFA
    -WQs are far worse in BFA with lack of actual feelings of reward(especially with Legion WQs giving more rewards than BFA WQs)
    -Class Balance/Raid Class Balance is FAR worse in BFA(with 3 of the last 4 Mythic bosses basically telling you that if you have more than 3-4 melee the fight is going to be significantly harder)

Overall though I think BFA is far worse and it doesn't look like it's getting better.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    BFA has done almost nothing except for remove things from the game. From ability pruning to the GCD changes to Azerite gear being terrible and more. Warfronts and Islands are also a joke while being the only things BFA actually "added".
    That's nice but the point here is the first two months of Legion weren't sunshine and roses either. Hell things didn't start to really turn the corner until 7.2.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    That's nice but the point here is the first two months of Legion weren't sunshine and roses either. Hell things didn't start to really turn the corner until 7.2.
    It was drastically better than the garbage that is BFA.

Like Asmongold said in a video, it felt like you went back to level 100 when you got to 120. We lost artifact traits, GCDs were added, mob scaling etc. I got tired of it 3 weeks in and unsubbed.

its wierd i guess i actually missed the real launches of both and came in a bit late.

azerite didn't really replace legiondaries and artifact weapons. losing abilities and not gaining new ones doesn't feel that great really, overall it feels like a new expansion with shiney azerite gear that is basically like a quarter of what an artifact weapon was to you character, the gcd change although i probably moaned about it in another thread its not too bad but it kinda makes it shitter to heal m+ imo i had more fun healing m+ in legion than in bfa because i simply feel nerfed and quite a bit less reactive. i subbed for 1 month and haven't renewed yet might wait for 8.1 to make any real decision on how good it is.

uldir is cool i guess, boss fights feel varied and quite fun to do. i'd imagine that is the one saving grace, world is quite nice too both islands remind me of various older zones from other areas of azeroth, like for example zul'dazar and the bottom half of nazmir remind me of un'goro crater. vol'dun has a bit of a tanaris maybe even uldum vibe. and there are other similarites like that.

ppl have always complained about titanforging in one way or another even in legion but i think ppl just have OCD problems or entitlement problems rather than it actually being a problem that negatively affects the game itself. ppl running top tier content are still getting the best gear faster than others grinding low tier stuff and hoping for tf/wf. i get that ppl aren't feeling that rewarding feeling but I'm thinking that more a product of repetition and the fact that the gear is just boring than it is to do with TFing.

i think azerite may have failed badly because it didn't make up for the loss of legendaries and artifact weapons and its not really more interesting than set bonuses were. so it was supposed to make up for a lot and doesn't make up for anything.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2018-10-29 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by actiwe View Post
    Like Asmongold said in a video, it felt like you went back to level 100 when you got to 120. We lost artifact traits, GCDs were added, mob scaling etc. I got tired of it 3 weeks in and unsubbed.
    I think it's actually worse than going back to level 100. When level 100 was the cap we had more abilities than we do in BFA in many cases.

Beginning of Legion : hey dude, you are "the one", come get your own shinning weapon with unique story line behind it. We are all your dude (even we all know we are just play acting and we will say the same shit to the next paladin who comes through the gate).

Beginning of BfA : Dude you know the story from last expansion, just click that 5 stone and go fucking grind yourself with this necklace. Don't ever come back to me unless you rank it up.
    Last edited by gobio; 2018-10-29 at 06:30 AM.

Beta For Azeroth is a poor man's Legion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    (Which, again, is a huge statement to make when the ones who did play know how much of a shit show it was).
    Wod early wasn't even that bad. Leveling was great, mythic dungeons were new, raids were good (foundry probably the best ever).

Deleted
    You can say that legion was grindy, had terrible drop rates on legendaries etc. But at least in legion you had some farming goals. Legendaries were meaningful, they had huge impact on your performance. Sure, you could get not so good legendary at first, but you were still farming for the next one because it could be your bis. Artifact weapon traits also provided decent character boost and felt like an actual upgrade, for example golden traits. And what we have in bfa? Useless and boring azerite traits like +5 ilvl, not even worth farming for.

Class design in legion felt much more complicated and satisfying at the same time. Bfa pretty much cut out half of class abilities leaving gameplay at vanilla level. Adding GCD to most spells contributed to this issue, gameplay feels more sloppy than it used to.

Uldir is the most unbalanced expansion launch raid I can remember. Stacking 5+ subtlety rogues for mythic Zul? Stacking ranged for Mythrax and G’huun? How could such design go through beta testing?

Asmongold is a youtuber, exaggerating and making stupid claims is his job.

Legion was miles ahead of WoD, and while it was fun for the first time, leveling an alt and going through all the stuff made me realize how many stupid timegates there are, effectively holding you back with this artificial wall - click the button and literally look at the timer as it ticks, second by second, nothing you can do to speed it up.
    Legendaries were some next level bullshit due to how powerful (therefore required) they were.

BfA is far from perfect, but it just seems that this is another case of people being burned out rather than "everything fucking sucks".

Personally, what I dislike most about BfA is the main story that is turning out more and more bullshitty with each reveal. Legion was 100% better in this regard.

And who would have thought, just a post above me, a guy is actually being the meme we've all laughed at exactly 2 years ago, when people complained about stupid timegates and legendary drops, now he's reminiscing about it like it was the best thing ever. Next expansion, people will by remembering BfA in the same fashion, lol.
    Last edited by Louz; 2018-10-29 at 07:23 AM.

Oceanic servers have been broken since launch. Massive lag in BfA zones during peak times, and blizzard simply doesn't care. After trying for the first month to blame every players router they eventually acknowledged it's on their end, but just refuse to do anything about it, just hoping when more players drop out it will resolve itself. So I obliged them and quit a month ago and I sure as hell won't be resubbing anytime soon.

The AP grind for mythic raiding in Legion was awful, along with the 4 lego cap, and the overall drop rate of legos being too low, and if you missed the best legos there wasn't anything you could do about it (you can say that with azerite too but the disparity of having pyro bracers for having and not having them was huge). Several hundred maw of souls runs, never again. Burned a lot of people I knew out that had been playing with me the past couple of xpacs.

BFA I'm basically able to raid log since you only needed 23 for the DPS traits on mythic gear

Beginning of Legion didn't have the mage tower challenges either or class mounts. The class questlines were cool though.

Really the start of an expansion can be a bear for a lot of people, and then throughout the xpac they improve upon the systems, which is what we will already start to see in 8.1. There's some players out there who show up for the middle/final tiers of xpacs and then peace out before the start of the next one

So with that said as a mythic raider I'd take BFA any day of the week. Oh yeah, I get to actually swap specs in raiding again too (no relics/ap/legos)
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2018-10-29 at 07:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iLLuuu View Post
    Wod early wasn't even that bad. Leveling was great, mythic dungeons were new, raids were good (foundry probably the best ever).
    There were no mythic dungeons. That came out in 7.2... Or at least, I think at the middle of it. Leveling was "okay". Story felt inconsistent and Talador sucked with Doomhammer's ending.