Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Trump says U.S. would be 'punishing' itself if it halts Saudi arms sales

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-s...-idUSKCN1MN0HJ

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump said on Saturday the United States would be “punishing” itself by halting military sales to Saudi Arabia even if it is proven that Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi was killed inside the country’s consulate in Istanbul.
    “I actually think we’d be punishing ourselves if we did that,” Trump told reporters at the White House.

“There are other things we can do that are very, very powerful, very strong and we’ll do them,” he added, without saying what those measures might be.
    Major U.S. defense contractors, including Lockheed Martin Corp (LMT.N) and Raytheon Co (RTN.N), are among the beneficiaries of Washington’s close ties to Riyadh and would be hurt by the halting of major arms deals.
    See, Trump doesn’t hate all Muslims and you get the answer to why the country that bread Bin Ladin and most of 9/11 perpetrators was off Trump’s Muslim ban.

An added side bonus... Trump appointed small business administrator is a part owner of WWE, which signed a very lucrative 10 year deal with SA. A deal that is counterproductive to WWEs current Women’s wrestling evolution, since the women are not permitted to perform at these shows. They are being urged to pull out by Congress (not DNC), but... money talks...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Killing people is a profitable business venture.

I mean we wouldn't want for our profits to take a hit now would we.

Profits >>>>>morality

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Killing people is a profitable business venture.
    The fun part, Saudi Arabia just responded that they will not tolerate Trump’s threats. Kind of a pickle there... when a state you sell weapons to, is rejecting your “threat”.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    The US still supports them on the Yemen genocide even before this, them not changing anything over the death of a Saudi journalist is no surprise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    The US still supports them on the Yemen genocide even before this, them not changing anything over the death of a Saudi journalist is no surprise.
    I think it’s a hell of a inconsistency, to defend private companies selling weapons to a place that is... I don’t know... a shit hole country...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Saudi is a lot of things, most of them negative from my perspective, but I don’t think it’s a “shithole” from Trumps perspective.
    It’s a shithole as long as saying it’s a shithole, gets his support emboldened and doesn’t actually hurt Trump’s bottom line.

I’m trying to relate to Trump supporters who claimed he wasn’t globalist, wasn’t a warmonger and held countries accountable for their citizens terrorists history.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't about any of that. It is about Israel.
    It is for me. You can justify it all you like. That’s your prerogative. I stated my intentions, you can deny them all you like, but it is what it is.

Iran and Saudi's are enemies, Israel and Iran are as well... Supporting Saudi is supporting Israel in the region.
    Which doesn’t change anything I said. This isn’t relatable for me... sorry... don’t care for defeatist liberal nonsense...

Israel and Saudi Arabia: The relationship emerging into the open
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-43632905
    USA stands for US... Ass hole... not meant as an insult, but a general sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    “There are other things we can do that are very, very powerful, very strong and we’ll do them”
    “I know words, I have the best words. I have the best, but there is no better word than stupid.” -Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I think it’s a hell of a inconsistency, to defend private companies selling weapons to a place that is... I don’t know... a shit hole country...
    Won't stop conservatives and even some liberals.

Money is money.

10+ Year Old Account
    *shrug* you can indulge in wishful thinking and ostrich-ism, I choose to see whats going on instead.
    What? I am sorry if you cannot relate to people who do not agree with you. I don’t see how starting a thread on the topic is sticking my hand in the sand. You are free to start a thread on any topic you like. I’m not going to ignore you, threaten to ignore you or claim I am just a political observer. I am sorry that you cannot relate to middle America and the rust belt, as mu as I can... We the people!

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't about any of that. It is about Israel.

Iran and Saudi's are enemies, Israel and Iran are as well... Supporting Saudi is supporting Israel in the region.

Israel and Saudi Arabia: The relationship emerging into the open
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-43632905
    The same Israel that stones random Palestinian women and lets its people attack schools with Palestinian kids?

10+ Year Old Account
    Won't stop conservatives and even some liberals.

Money is money.
    Oh, I know. It’s just how far is one willing to go... how inconsistent and how much duplicity it exposes.

10+ Year Old Account
    The same Israel that stones random Palestinian women and lets its people attack schools with Palestinian kids?
    Please don’t endolge people trying to deflect from OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    You asked why he is doing this, I gave you a possible reason, you don't like it. So this was not about the reason, this was about stroking your ego.
    Does not make the reason any less shitty.

And try to be honest, we all know its about money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Dems and a lot of regular GoP feel that our ties with the Saudis aren't worth it. I'm for cutting ties with them until they get with the 21rst century. Yemens their mess getting involved with mid easts messes hasn't helped us out in any way
    Yet they don't do anything about the US support of the war in Yemen.

10+ Year Old Account
    You asked why he is doing this, I gave you a possible reason, you don't like it. So this was not about the reason, this was about stroking your ego.
    No... I am asserting, am not asking. Try to quote me... blind bias is a bitch. That’s what happens when you disagree with people out of spite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, on your part, I agree.

I know I am biased. Are you? If you think you are not... its all about ego stroking.
    No, I am sorry, am not interested in discussing abstract versions of my bias. If you see it, feel free to comment on it. Until then, could you please stay on topic? Thank you in advance...

10+ Year Old Account
    What has that to do with Iran vs SA vs Israel?

SA kills its citizens and dissident for various reasons on the daily.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, on your part, I agree.

I know I am biased. Are you? If you think you are not... its all about ego stroking.
    That isreal is also a shithole, is this so hard for you?

10+ Year Old Account
    What has that to do with Iran vs SA vs Israel?
    This has nothing to do with this thread. If you want to discuss Iran vs SA vs Israel, start a thread on it. This is about American arm sales to SA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    I have no idea if we're involed in yemen or not. Nor do I know much about the conflict. Just given the duplicitous nature of the saudi royal family doesn't fill me with confidence.
    I mean, thats good, but I was talking about what the politicians are doing.