Question Guild Activity Question

Hello,

I've noticed my guild is not actively playing the game as in previous couple of expansions. People mostly login for raids and on weekends while before I could see at least 10-15 people online most of the time, now the number is down to 2-3 players besides the weekends. Granted my guild is casual but the numbers make me question the reasons behind the drop considering people do still login for raids as usual.

I was wonder is anyone seen similar sort of behavior in their guilds?

Since we hit a wall in Mythic now we have tons of people that all of a sudden "I have real life stuff to take care of I am taking a break from wow" and the rest basically only show for farm night, it sucks.
    CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.5Ghz Motherboard: Asus Z170-A RAM: Corsair Lpx 16gb GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970
    Case: Fractal Design Define R4 PSU: EVGA 650W M.2: Samsung 960 EVO 500gb SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Monitor: BenQ GW2765 27" Mouse: Corsair Harpoon RGB Keyboard: Corsair K63 Headset: Sennheiser Game One

Well, for my guild we are still in heroic, don't think it is a content issues since we have plenty to do in terms of progression. However, people are somewhat less incentivized to login during non-raiding hours so far into this expansion even though M+ provides so much more this time around. I just don't understand the reasoning... are people not willing to do high M+ keys grid due to play time limitations or just not interested or maybe something else is the reason.

Deleted
    it's because the game is a steaming huge ass pile of dumpster baby turd. Numbers have plummeted and it's not fun to play. thats why there's no one around except those who have the addiction and nothing else to do with their time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    Well, for my guild we are still in heroic, don't think it is a content issues since we have plenty to do in terms of progression. However, people are somewhat less incentivized to login during non-raiding hours so far into this expansion even though M+ provides so much more this time around. I just don't understand the reasoning... are people not willing to do high M+ keys grid due to play time limitations or just not interested or maybe something else is the reason.
    They ask themselves "Why should I push M+?"

They already have decent gear... "Do I do this for 10 more iLevel?" Maybe for a 1/1000 chance at a socketed Titanforged?

There just is no reason to push them. Yes there are some that do, because they enjoy the challenge of pushing their limits. But that is different than progressing through content with an achievable goal. Even if that goal is raised later by another raid tier... REACHING goals is what is rewarding.

M+ just moves the carrot the same distance you progress... keeping it at the same unachievable state.

Since professions are absolutely useless, gold useless and economy screwed, no more Heroism/Valor basges to work toward missing tier pieces... heck no more tier pieces.

What in the open world is worth logging in for anymore?

10+ Year Old Account
    Impossible to know about your specific guildies (you could ask them) but people often simply run out of stuff that they want to do. Sure, they COULD grind high keys... but why? If people are doing OK in heroic and the raid is having fun, it's not that attractive to nerd out and spend hours chasing marginal upgrades. Also, unless there's an organized M+ effort, you're asking people to form their own groups or PUG and PUGing high M+ is not something everyone wants to do.

IF they're 355+, there's not many other sources of gear aside from the raid and M+ so... why would they login?

The main reason for most people behind doing any content is having fun. So if they don't log in for anything other than raid that means raiding is the only activity that still counts as fun for them.

Mythic+ dungeons in BfA are a lot harder than they were in Legion, and it seems most people simply don't want to do them anymore. I always did only the necessary to get the best weekly chest reward, but I'm also losing motivation to do even that. There isn't any dungeon in BfA that I like.

My guild went into this expansion with a roster of over 50 people to do multiple heroics, M+, whatever else. There were easily 40+ people on every night and anytime at least 15+ in the late nights. I logged on yesterday before my sub ran out, I was the only one on. Most people hadn't logged on in weeks, everyone is bored and there is nothing fun to do in the game. This is also a large gaming community, so we play other things. Most people are simply playing other games cause there is nothing fun to do in WoW right now. Large group are playing GW2, console shit, and whatever else.

I am willing to bet there are a lot of players in guilds that end up like this.

This happens with most guilds in all expansions. As someone who raid 2 times a week and another day for m+. Not really anything else to do in wow No content worth spending time online for. Rather play other games

Our guild is at 4/8M. Apparently no one plays outside of raid time anymore except a few hardcore people. I checked everyone's Azerite neck and most people were around my level when I haven't done anything outside of raid for 3 weeks. The officers all said "yeh we just log in for raid and then go play something else".

I've been having fun playing ESO. The entire game with all of its content/expansions/DLC stays relevant and rewarding. Every dungeon/zone has tier sets you can mix and match theres tons of dungeons, world bosses, crafting, set bonuses to collect, raids, large scale PVP, Almost too much to do.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2018-11-01 at 07:15 PM.

Yeah barely can get a raid together, too many other games out now luring people away, people wont come back till new patch/raid

Hello,

I've noticed my guild is not actively playing the game as in previous couple of expansions. People mostly login for raids and on weekends while before I could see at least 10-15 people online most of the time, now the number is down to 2-3 players besides the weekends. Granted my guild is casual but the numbers make me question the reasons behind the drop considering people do still login for raids as usual.

Well,my guild doesn't have this situation,but I think there's a reason for it - we have nearly 900 members and not all of them are raiding with us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello,

Usually it happens when people are bored of the game, or at winter, when there are many holidays that people want to spend with family and not gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.