Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

WoW Classic Demo Playtime Limit and Cooldown

Day of the Dead, VFX with Luis Aguas, Doubleagent, Art of Hearthstone Book, DLC#653

WoW Classic Demo Playtime Limit and Cooldown
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Playing the Classic Demo
    When the World of Warcraft: Classic demo becomes available to play at home on Friday, November 2, we will ensure maximum availability to players at home by initially establishing session limits.

When the demo goes live, we’ll use a playtime time limit and a cooldown (that starts when you first log in) to help as many people as possible play the Classic demo as much as possible. We’ll start with a playtime limit of a cumulative 60 minutes and a cooldown of 90 minutes. Here are some examples of how that might work:

• If you play for 30 minutes and then log off for 60 minutes, when you come back you’ll have a fresh 60 minutes.
    • If you play for 60 minutes, you’ll be disconnected and then have to wait 30 minutes before you can play again.
    • If you play for 20 minutes, log off for 20 minutes, then play 40 more minutes, you’ll be logged off and wait 10 more minutes.

Our goal is to lift session limits as quickly as we feasibly can after the demo goes live. We will then only reinstate session limits if unexpectedly high demand returns.

We will update this post with further information on this, as necessary.

Thank you!

WHAT THE FUCK, this is serious bullshit, this demo was 1 of the biggest reason (took me over the edge) to take the virtual ticket and now I'm limited to play even a demo.

I'm always pro blizzard as you know but this is serious BULLSHIT.

Edit: More clear.
    Last edited by PlazaPlaza; 2018-11-01 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PlazaPlaza View Post
    WHAT THE FUCK, this is serious bullshit, this demo was 1 of the biggest reason to take the virtual ticket and now I'm limited to play even a demo.

If you are getting the virtual ticket for anything other than watching Blizzcon, you're doing it wrong.

Can't believe people would pay $50,- to play this while u can play plenty of private servers..

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    If you are getting the virtual ticket for anything other than watching Blizzcon, you're doing it wrong.
    I didn't, the demo was taking me over the edge of buying the virtual ticket, 40 for only watching the show is a bit too much for me, so the demo was an extra and took me over the edge to buy the virtual ticket. So yea I said it wrong in my first post, probably because I'm surprised...! If you look at my post history you can see that I'm 99% positive about Blizzard.

Hasn't this always been the case with the blizzcon demos??

I didn't, the demo was taking me over the edge of buying the virtual ticket, 40 for only watching the show is a bit too much for me, so the demo was an extra and took me over the edge to buy the virtual ticket.
    Don't you have a single friend that would watch Blizzcon with you? I invited 2 friends of me to my house and I paid for the Virtual Ticket while my friends pay for snacks and drinks.

15+ Year Old Account
    WHAT THE FUCK, this is serious bullshit, this demo was 1 of the biggest reason to take the virtual ticket and now I'm limited to play even a demo.

You're not banned from using the demo once the 60 minutes are up. This usage timer was put in place because they probably have a limited space on their limited number of servers that are being dedicated to the classic demo. Not to mention you start at level 15, can reach level 19, and only able to play in two zones (one for Alliance and one for Horde). That hour is more than enough in one sitting to get a feel for the demo. If you want to experience more, wait until your timer resets and play some more.

that looks fair it is only a demo.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Limited Server Space"

when there's 20 Blizzcon Demo servers.

I didn't, the demo was taking me over the edge of buying the virtual ticket, 40 for only watching the show is a bit too much for me, so the demo was an extra and took me over the edge to buy the virtual ticket. So yea I said it wrong in my first post, probably because I'm surprised...! If you look at my post history you can see that I'm 99% positive about Blizzard.
    Understood. Well, HOPEFULLY it will only be a madhouse right when it launches but after that they will lift the time limit and you'll get a good amount of time playing it!

While I agree with the folks saying that Blizzard should have been upfront about the time limit right away (and more than just small print), at the end the of the day most would do with learning how to "delay gratification" and not pay this much money to demo a 14 year old game. That is, if that is the sole reason to buy the VT.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    WHAT THE FUCK, this is serious bullshit.

Edit: Just an edit.
    So you rather want to watch long as fuck que after opening ceremony and don't play at all? They probably increase time 1-2 days after Friday when people get bored.

And I really hope people won't bitch to the point that Blizzard would never want do this again. Imagine if next year they would give 9.0 demo with new class to play few days after Blizzcon.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    "Limited Server Space"

I think you underestimate how many people will be playing the demo.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    That hour is more than enough in one sitting to get a feel for the demo.
    You mean he'll have time to do one quest, walk across the zone to turn it in, pick up a quest to talk to a guy on the other side of the zone. He'll walk back over to pick up another quest to get 10 items, kill about 35 mobs (eat/drink 20 times), get 6 of the needed items, and then his time will be up.

Joking aside, its a demo, crying about a cooldown on a demo while they are saying that they will remove it if they can is silly.

Lol at people buying the virtual ticket this year.

People will complain about anything, how dare they let us try a demo way before the games even ready to be released! and only for 60 minute increments then I must go do something for 30 minutes like watch blizzcon itself, and allow someone else can get on and enjoy the money they spent on the demo this is outrageous and in no way fair!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    "Limited Server Space"

there will be 2 zones. Hundreds of players will be playing in one of those. 20 servers will definitely not be enough.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    So you rather want to watch long as fuck que after opening ceremony and don't play at all? They probably increase time 1-2 days after Friday when people get bored.

And I really hope people won't bitch to the point that Blizzard would never want do this again. Imagine if next year they would give 9.0 demo with new class to play few days after Blizzcon.
    I agree with releasing the information right away, BUT and a big BUT what if they had no plans to put the time limit in, until they realized oh crap we sold a lot more virtual tickets then we thought we would have?

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I hope you feel great about your virtual ticket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyszka View Post
    I agree with releasing the information right away, BUT and a big BUT what if they had no plans to put the time limit in, until they realized oh crap we sold a lot more virtual tickets then we thought we would have?
    To be fair, they do mention that they intend to remove the limits as soon as possible.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines