nemesis talent any good?

i have a 120 dh and have been seeing alot of ppl use demonic instead of nemesis, is there any reason why? i tried simming them and nemesis came 1k ahead in dps, am i missing something about it or is this right?

Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught49 View Post
    i have a 120 dh and have been seeing alot of ppl use demonic instead of nemesis, is there any reason why? i tried simming them and nemesis came 1k ahead in dps, am i missing something about it or is this right?
    What talents did you sim? Proper demonic spec is more than just swapping the 1 talent. 131x2x1 is the normal demonic and 321x2x3 was the usual Nemesis (namely Blind Fury vs Felblade and Demon Blades vs Immo Aura). Ideal talents would change with gear.

Edit: Demonic is also a lot better on cleave/AE, since nemesis is ST. None of the raid fights are really ST and M+ isn't.

i was taking fel blade instead of blind fury and demon blades instead of immo aura, dps went up 1.5k, quite surprised dps went up that much with 2 talents lol

Can you link to your character?

i was taking fel blade instead of blind fury and demon blades instead of immo aura, dps went up 1.5k, quite surprised dps went up that much with 2 talents lol
    depends on the fight , your new talents are optimized for single target fights , while BF IMM.A add more cleave , of course immolation low damage drags your dps down in single target BUT you really shouldn't be looking at DPS but DAMAGE DONE , people take those talents because their competition doesn't add damage.

Edit: also what do you sim ? patchwerk fights? always keep in mind sims are perfectly executed rotation positioning mechanic execution ecc. unless you are able to perform perfectly ( and with felblade it's not always possible or convenient ) the sim results will always be higher than your actual ingame dps.

If you go and sim a momentum build you'll see it does way more dmg than demonic , go play momentum in one raid I guarantee you'll do less than in demonic simply because boss mechanics will screw your rotation up . Demonic instead it's a 4 button simple "priority" rotation really easy to parse near 100%
    Last edited by valax; 2018-11-02 at 02:47 PM.

simmed patchwork and it was the traditional demonic build that simmed higher not my one with nemesis and felblades, *shrug* doesnt matter really as i quite like the traditional demo build now anyway

If you're curious as to why, it's mostly due to fury generation. EB will proc meta and then blind fury gives you a full bar to drop DS/Annihilate into to maximize damage. Throwing in IA after you EB -> DS to generate fury as well then you spam annihilate. Eye Beam & IA both have a 30s cooldown so they'll always line up.
    Last edited by pay928; 2018-11-05 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pay928 View Post
    Eye Beam & IA both have a 30s cooldown so they'll always line up.
    IAs cooldown scales with haste. So no, they wont line up.