Thread: Changes

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    If they add sharding on the launch day, true vanilla community wont play
    Yeah they will, they will just whine about it. Sharding may be the only way to keep servers stable in the short term. They aren't going to have dozens of servers for it, so you will have a metric shit ton of people bottlenecking in a very small area.

It reminds me of the WoD opening... but with several times as many people dancing around an object on the server.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    I mean after hearing them confirm sharding and the several other QoL changes , I don't know what to believe anymore.
    Yeah, the sharding is messing me up....even though i predicted it...
    I said it would happen, but i also said i would be sad about it

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Yeah, the sharding is messing me up....even though i predicted it...
    I said it would happen, but i also said i would be sad about it
    What's stopping them from implementing class balances to underperforming specs at this stage ? it really wouldn't surprise me at all.

Deleted
    What's stopping them from implementing class balances to underperforming specs at this stage ? it really wouldn't surprise me at all.
    Never been so nervous for a WoW Classic Panel.
    We will find out soon enough :S

Yea I’m not playing that shit with sharding. A lot of people will back out if they launch Vanilla with that crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    The graphics look so good. To me, it looks like the lighting, poly count, and foliage have been improved very subtly. I am watching Lirik run around Westfall and the world looks incredibly authentic yet it feels bigger and better looking somehow.
    ???

As expected, the graphics look like shit (they should give the community a toggle that allows each individual to decide if they want shitty graphics or up-to-date graphics).

a zero tolerance policy on any cross realm, sharding, group finders and multiple difficulties. None of it. ever. Not "only" lvl 1-10 or anywhere. None

Deleted
    +1 crit rating or any secondary stat "rating" increases were definitely not a thing and most gear that granted 2ndary stats were high lvl gear that displayed percentages, like 1% extra crit etc, not crit rating.
    Does this mean Don Rodrigo's Band has new stats?

10+ Year Old Account
    I played a hunter and I noticed there's no quiver appearance on your characters back when you equip a bow and/or Quiver

Or did quiver appearances come in a later level range? I know they appeared in vanilla I got pictures of my old hunter with the quiver appearance.
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-11-03 at 01:51 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Also, in comparison to Classic, the mobs are dying too soon (and there's not enough damage). Hopefully, there's a tweak that adjusts the difficulty upwards.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nice thing is, with the demo, your feedback can hit strike hard and true.

Obviously awhile to go and plenty to be announced.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Big thing is we don't know where they are at exactly in development. A lot of this could just be stuff they haven't gotten around to adjusting because it's easier stuff and they are still working on the bigger stuff still. I haven't trusted Blizzard in a long time, but oddly I do feel like some of this is making a mountain out of a mole hill at this stage.

Nothing wrong with pointing out things that aren't correct, I just think the irrational " I'm out out because of this demo " needs to simmer down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    ???

As expected, the graphics look like shit (they should give the community a toggle that allows each individual to decide if they want shitty graphics or up-to-date graphics).
    No they should not have done that. If you want up to date graphics, play bfa.

This particular item that appeared on some stream is worrisome , we know that everything in the demo is a reflection of what classic will be in its entirety and everything we've seen + what blizz said confirms that.

+1 crit rating or any secondary stat "rating" increases were definitely not a thing and most gear that granted 2ndary stats were high lvl gear that displayed percentages, like 1% extra crit etc, not crit rating.

The fact that this item is in the game for low levels means one thing, that itemization will be completely different, this itemization might change the entire balance of how some specs are considered viable.

A warrior who is able to get crit gear while leveling isn't going to be as slow as the class is expected to be during that stage of the game, in retrospect of some specs like balance druids and other specs that were considered non-viable at end game might see a difference in performance if other 2nd stats are available, like extra mp5 on items that shouldn't have said stats etc.

Overall it seems like the endgame gear progression might be severely different than what is expected of a normal vanilla endgame environment and the balance of class power will not be the same.
    Items not giving a 1:1 value at this stage isn't really an issue, it's easy for Blizzard to change them to the correct values. Talents are implemented the old fashioned way, they probably haven't got around it for the demo since it uses an updated client so there's bound to be some leftovers. The demo is just to give you a general idea of what they have done so far, but they aren't done for the next 8 months or so. Their internal build is probably also way ahead of the demo by now ;>

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    Does this mean Don Rodrigo's Band has new stats?
    Honestly no idea what to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Shisui-kun View Post
    Items not giving a 1:1 value at this stage isn't really an issue, it's easy for Blizzard to change them to the correct values. Talents are implemented the old fashioned way, they probably haven't got around it for the demo since it uses an updated client so there's bound to be some leftovers. The demo is just to give you a general idea of what they have done so far, but they aren't done for the next 8 months or so. Their internal build is probably also way ahead of the demo by now ;>
    The thing is , everything in that demo was deliberately placed, the only 2 zones we're allowed to play and the level cap , everything is calculated to showcase what they want us to see, so there is no " they must've left them by mistake" it's not that blizzard made a mistake adding these items, they meant for them to be there.

The demo and everything inside it from items to summoning stones etc. ( sharding included) were meant to see the reaction of how far blizzard can go with some changes, I bet if the feedback is overall negative they will tweak things back to the way they were meant to be, their goal is to maximize the amount of people who will play classic so they will tweak the game in whichever favors the agreement majority.

Honestly no idea what to expect.

The thing is , everything in that demo was deliberately placed, the only 2 zones we're allowed to play and the level cap , everything is calculated to showcase what they want us to see, so there is no " they must've left them by mistake" it's not that blizzard made a mistake adding these items, they meant for them to be there.

The demo and everything inside it from items to summoning stones etc. ( sharding included) were meant to see the reaction of how far blizzard can go with some changes, I bet if the feedback is overall negative they will tweak things back to the way they were meant to be, their goal is to maximize the amount of people who will play classic so they will tweak the game in whichever favors the agreement majority.
    Most of the items that were put in have been correct in itemization, the random rolls on items however haven't been and rolled with the new itemization. That alone pretty much tells us that they have to correct the random rolls for things like Eagle, Tiger etc.

Summoning stones were in Vanilla, they just didn't summon stuff until TBC. I have no issue with the meeting stones if the summoning part is disabled since that is how it worked in Vanilla.

It's very clear the demo isn't fully polished and just meant to give a small taste for what they have readily available so far.

Most of the items that were put in have been correct in itemization, the random rolls on items however haven't been and rolled with the new itemization. That alone pretty much tells us that they have to correct the random rolls for things like Eagle, Tiger etc.
    Yeah but the extra 2ndary stats shouldn't even be in the game, I doubt they made a mistake as simple as this when they had ample time to place limitations to the game and such, I honestly hope you're right though and they end up fixing these.

Summoning stones were in Vanilla, they just didn't summon stuff until TBC. I have no issue with the meeting stones if the summoning part is disabled since that is how it worked in Vanilla.
    Part of vanilla was being forced to run to the dungeon yourself or if you had a lock in grp u could get lucky, I'm honestly not sure how I feel about the summoning stones being in classic , part of me thinks it's a good addition QoL wise but the other part thinks that blizz shouldn't add things that alter or eases gameplay in any way.

It's very clear the demo isn't fully polished and just meant to give a small taste for what they have readily available so far.
    I hope so , but I'm skeptical when it comes to blizzard as they always have an agenda.

Yeah but the extra 2ndary stats shouldn't even be in the game, I doubt they made a mistake as simple as this when they had ample time to place limitations to the game and such, I honestly hope you're right though and they end up fixing these.

Part of vanilla was being forced to run to the dungeon yourself or if you had a lock in grp u could get lucky, I'm honestly not sure how I feel about the summoning stones being in classic , part of me thinks it's a good addition QoL wise but the other part thinks that blizz shouldn't add things that alter or eases gameplay in any way.

I hope so , but I'm skeptical when it comes to blizzard as they always have an agenda.
    The tier sets have different stats datamined. A good example:

Retail Bonescythe bracers have:
    12 Agility/Intellect
    13 Stamina
    7 Critical strike

While the Classic client has

26 Agility
    14 Stamina
    Equip: Improves your chance to get a critical strike by 1%

So it's clear that they haven't fixed the affixes for every item in the game yet. A clear example is the tiger one where it gives crit instead of strength.

Meeting stones were in Classic, they just couldn't summon until TBC. Hence them being there is how it should be, they just shouldn't be able to summon people. However, things like /lfr or the scenario tab are still active in the client, which means they probably just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Phasing is in the game I TOLD YOU THIS SHIT WOULD HAPPEN
    https://clips.twitch.tv/GenerousBusyChickpeaTheRinger

Wrong health regen rates

unlimited debuffs

summoning stones that work (summon people)

(...)

Humm....i dont know man
    It's NOT PHASING! It's SHARDING. Phasing is where the world around you changes after you complete a quest or objective like when you upgraded your garrison in WOD and new buildings/terrain/NPC's appear. Sharding is when the game splits the population of a zone between multiple copies of the same zone because there are too many people in it. In the case of sharding nothing about the world around you changes, just the number of people you see/interact with.

Sharding is very likely to remain, at least on launch. No way are they going to have starting zones with 500 people on one screen. Don't kid yourself.