RMT in A F2P Game

RMT: Real Money Trading as in paying real money for services such as in game gold, PvP/PvE items is insta ban on live .. Since Classic will be essentially free -to any one with an active sub- will it be just as strict as live on gold trading and boosts?

I don't see why it wouldn't be.
    And it's not free. You have to pay the sub fee.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW Classic will be precisely as much free-to-play as the regular game is now. I don't even understand the logic here. Subscribe and get two forks of the same game. Unsubscribe and you don't get either one.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    RMT: Real Money Trading as in paying real money for services such as in game gold, PvP/PvE items is insta ban on live .. Since Classic will be essentially free -to any one with an active sub- will it be just as strict as live on gold trading and boosts?
    Wat?

And to find answers to your question refer to fucking EULA that you are supposed to read at least once, at least find points of interest, at least refer to it when you have questions like these.

Or, if you are up to believing whatever strangers on the internet are telling you - they will be as strict as live on gold trading and boosts. Mostly because they ruin the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

How about trading gold from LIVE for gold on Classic? We might find a new market starting here ..

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How about trading gold from LIVE for gold on Classic? We might find a new market starting here ..
    Not really new or strange. Just requires a lot of trust in people. Used to do it years ago when Horde/Ally were 1 faction per server. WOuld trade someone Gold on their Ally to trade me gold on my Horde.

Would be basically the same concept except there would be some sort of Exchange rate set by players.

Just remember how much REAL MONEY people spend 18 years ago (2000-) on ebay for DIABLO2 HARDCORE items, HARDCORE = you die, you lose everything.
    Even casual D2 (SOFT CORE) accounts dissolved for real money could get you easy 1-2 years of WoW sub, hardcore accounts even more and thats the crazy part.

It's all about the age of the active community. Time=money is for someone with a good job a different number as for a child with pocket money.

10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't free.

And Real Money Trading is still part of the ruleset and illegal. So, it'll still be strict. And I doubt it'll be supported or safe with cross version gold.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I hope we have the illegal gold sellers spawning armies of lvl 1 bots and using hacks to make them suicide so their bodies spell out the name of a website.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I hope we have the illegal gold sellers spawning armies of lvl 1 bots and using hacks to make them suicide so their bodies spell out the name of a website.
    You know, that was actually pretty cool, especially if you caught them in the act. They'd just run to the spot, suddenly fly up into the air, then die when they hit the ground. The more advanced bots would have the characters floating in midair spelling out the website and occasionally change around to make a heart or two, which was even cooler.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Classic is not free at all, people who have no interest in BfA still have to pay a sub to exclusively play Classic.

People who are Subbed to Classic, still need to buy BfA when it's the most recent expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etamalgren View Post
    You know, that was actually pretty cool, especially if you caught them in the act. They'd just run to the spot, suddenly fly up into the air, then die when they hit the ground. The more advanced bots would have the characters floating in midair spelling out the website and occasionally change around to make a heart or two, which was even cooler.
    the true Vanilla Experience.

OP, I assume Blizzard will ban RMT on Classic like it does on Live, and probably to answer your second question they'll probably ban for that too. Cross-Server trading (gold on X server for carry from people on Y server) is "Bannable" currently by Blizzard and "Not Supported" before the change a few months before Legion ended.

- - - Updated - - -

ITT: People miss OP's question with "WRAUGH WOW ISNT FREE TO PLAY" rage
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

15+ Year Old Account
    You might wanna look up the word "free" if Classic was free, u wouldt have to pay to access it.

On-topic: no, they will allowed gold sellers to run rampant /s
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s