Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    If the crowd reaction is any indication, then a Diablo Themed mobile game is definitely a swing and a miss friend. I would think it is safe to assume that at least the majority of those attending that session are big Diablo fans, and probably not a bad sample size from a data perspective. Many aren't necessarily pissed that a mobile game was announced, but that ONLY a mobile game was announced.

By contrast, rewind to Bethesdas announcement earlier this year. An hour+ of information about their TES mobile game; and all it took to quell the uprising was a still shot piece of art with "The Elder Scrolls VI" slapped over it.
    The people attending today are primarily PC gamers....not surprised they were not overly excited.
    Agree to disagree I guess but this move will expose countless numbers of people to not only Diablo, but Blizzard in general...solid business move and as a share holder I am thrilled about it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasharin View Post
    The people attending today are primarily PC gamers....not surprised they were not overly excited.
    Agree to disagree I guess but this move will expose countless numbers of people to not only Diablo, but Blizzard in general...solid business move and as a share holder I am thrilled about it
    Overall the business perspective isn't wrong, but using Blizzcon to announce it was an enormous mistake. It should've been obvious that announcing it at Blizzcon was going to garner an enormously negative reaction from attendees. They basically announced they're making a shittier version of an existing game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

The fact that it isn't even an original Blizzard product, developed for mobile, and it's just a generic clone\reskin of a generic game that exists for 4 years, with diablo slapped on top of it, and even worse, outsourced from a cn company, is fucking laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    Hope he got a refund, or lawsuit incoming.
    lol do you honestly think there is even a chance there would be a lawsuit coming? Like honest to god believe that?
    He didn't get kicked out but if they did remove him do you honestly believe what you're saying?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I remember the last time Blizzard announced a game like this people said it was joke and would fail massively, a short lived game called Hearthstone.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    I remember the last time Blizzard announced a game like this people said it was joke and would fail massively, a short lived game called Hearthstone.
    I'm 100% convinced you're a Blizzard Dev.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    That was them delving into a new genre(CCG) for them with an existing IP. That is completely different than making a shitty version of an existing game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

This isn't directly related to Diablo, but I hate playing anything on my phone. Not just because I find it uncomfortable, but because it just drains my battery and having to play with my phone plugged in or having to stop to charge my phone all the time sucks, and if I'm going somewhere, I probably need my phone to not die on me. And if I'm home, I want to play on my pc, so I'm with these guys in being severely disappointed.

At least with handheld consoles, gaming is all they do, so if the battery dies on me, it's not really an issue.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

They deserved it, who even came up with this stupid idea to make a mobile game? ...................................................................I can't even

My DeviantART: http://hypzone.deviantart.com/ | Requests: Closed

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    I would argue the target audience is NOT the Blizzon crowd, or even the majority of current Diablo fans.

But then again, Blizzard should have known that and not make this a big announcement, and especially not the last announcement of the opening ceremony.
    I guess that's sort of my point here. If the target audience is not supposed to be the blizzcon crowd or current Diablo Fans, then choosing the precise moment when you have possibly the highest concentration of those two demographics was at best, a poor marketing choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

I guess that's sort of my point here. If the target audience is not supposed to be the blizzcon crowd or current Diablo Fans, then choosing the precise moment when you have possibly the highest concentration of those two demographics was at best, a poor marketing choice.
    Yea, agree. They should have kept it as a side announcement and made it clear that it's a spin-off side project, and not "the next big thing" as it felt they tried to make it seem.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasharin View Post
    With that perspective I'm surprised you'd be thrilled about the decision to announce it there and now. When something like E3 or Gamescon, where they would gain much more exposure (and positive press) in the demographic they are allegedly targeting. It's a poor marketing decision and a more risky business move than it is a solid one. Especially so when you consider the comments made by the staff themselves; we can debate the decision ultimately being a poor one or the
    greatest decision ever without being able to fairly conclude any tangible results until much later. However in every scenario "You guys don't have phones?" is an unnecessarily aggressive response to an increasingly hostile crowd that for better or worse represents their core audience.

Personally I don't care that much, they got my money with WC3 Reforged, and if they keep up the pattern I wouldn't be shocked at all to see D2 up next on the remaster/reforge queue at next years show to bring that same audience right back after this experiment. After all; it's Blizz, not Disney, they wont just make SC3: Mobile and pretend everyone was asking for it.....right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mostvp71 View Post
    I'm 100% convinced you're a Blizzard Dev.
    No, I'm just someone who is tired of the complain culture that is growing in size. Do I want a Diablo mobile game, nope I barely play games on my phone outside of idle games. However me not wanting it doesn't mean that game is bad or will fail. I want it to succeed and be a serious game that pushes the mobile gaming market to be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Wyatt like single handedly saved D3 and turned it into an actually good game. Why the hell wouldnt you want him in charge?
    That was a different guy who isn't on Diablo anymore.

Josh Mosqueira.

- - - Updated - - -

They're just doing damage control in the QA... You can't really take it that seriously. Trying to mitigate things so their teams morale doesn't completely go down the crapper.

Josh Mosqueira saved Diablo not wyatt..