Deleted

First time healing in mythic, advise? [logs]

Greetings,

due to setup issues i decided to reroll my holy paladin. Today was my first raid and after comparing logs with others i see huge differences.
    I am using way to much Holy lights for example which is due to mana issues and perhaps inexperience. Most holys use their flash of light way more then i do. My beacon healing is quite low as well in comparison. If someone could check my logs out and tell me why i suck, that would be very nice because i intend to be a valuable heal in my raid instead of being dead weight D:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...mary&source=12

It's not as bad as you make out, it's just a lot of smaller things that cause a knock-on effect.

The first thing is having sanctified wrath instead of avenging crusader, generally not great as you have to spend so much mana to do the same healing, though it does offer more control that's not a problem if your fellow healers are paying attention, which they are judging by the healing done to vectors. If you haven't used it before then for a quick run down you should aim for 3x judge during it, time crusader strikes properly without capping, and remember to use your other abilities still. A small point about vectis in particular is that you should be timing things to land after the add's cast rather than contagion hit.

Judgement use and therefore jol healing is very low, about 50% usage from what I can tell considering you can't use it in p2. This and the point above are why you have so many holy light casts, as your gcds get filled by other things you'll just naturally use it less and also spend less mana.

Low beacon healing is a symptom of again low jol healing which trickles over, not having avenging crusader as you don't have the mana to push sw over 7 mins and also casting 12 holy lights on the tank which there isn't much reason for on this fight. For fetid it's dependent on your tanks and other healers' trickle healing, you might find yourself having to directly heal them a lot so you gotta do what you gotta do.

Wings is 2 min cd so you could've had it up within the first 30 seconds and still used the rest the same.

Rule of law wasn't used, think of your mastery as a circle around you and rule of law making it 50% bigger and the mastery % shifts with it, so it's free healing on anyone that's more than 10 yards away, more impactful on people further away. Better to overuse than underuse imo, you just learn when you need to hold it, so vectis p2 for example it's very strong and also lets you heal people 60 yards away if they're in need.

As for holy light vs flash it's completely dependent on kill time, wisdoms, innervates, whether you need to save mana for a hard part etc., so comparing to 5 min kills where people skip 3rd p2 and never reach higher stacks doesn't mean anything, you can't expect to use flash much on a 7 min kill. That said, you could've used a mana pot or even consider an int pot on your last wings.

I hope this isn't demoralising as you did well for a first timer and the fixes aren't too bad, usually the problem is low casts of everything but you're fine on most things so I believe it'll be fairly easy for you.

Deleted
    Thanks for your advise. I tried to correct my mistakes today on Fetid, would you mind looking over it again?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2wRAWfKCmGyQM1jr

My Crusader uptime isn't that high because i don't have enough space to be in actual meleerange D:

I tried using Rule of Law whenever i got knockbacked or had the big circle around me and i had to move somewhat away or when the tanks were stable for the moment so i could help out elsewhere.

Sure, I must say it's kind of cruel to be thrown straight into fetid because it's not a very typical fight.

My Crusader uptime isn't that high because i don't have enough space to be in actual meleerange D:
    You only have 6 melee so this shouldn't be a problem, you just need to make it clear that that's where you need to be and be out when your circle or the person next to you is about to go big since their dps takes priority of course but there should always be space even if you all have small circles. Right where you're starting the fight positioned there's a plant you can use to stop the knockback and you won't splash the tanks with the small circle. That should help with generally casting more and mastery because currently you're getting knocked out and then not returning to that same spot so there's a fairly big loss of tank healing there.

As for usage of AC, I don't think you'll have a 4:50ish kill which is what you'd want to make use of it 3 times so I'd aim for 2 strong uses instead, probably on 1 of the first 3 knockbacks and 1 during his extra damage phase towards the end of the fight for sure. To play it safe your first gcd of AC should be judge, that'll ensure 3 judges during it.

Big thing is that you stopped using light of dawn, you have the 40 yard trait so you can absolutely be using it 20+ times this fight. Also rule of law, it's good you're thinking about it like that, you can also use it to increase lod range/healing.

I think outside of that on this fight it's just general uptime so minimising movement, maximising mastery and keeping the gcds rolling. It's definitely hard so keep at it and it'll get better, if you want to super tryhard and improve the fastest then recording your fights and watching it back yourself could really help. Taking note of how long things like hs, judge and lod are sitting on cd, times where you're not standing in a good spot, times where you aren't casting anything at all, just generally questioning why you are or aren't doing something.

Deleted
    As talents i prefer, crusader might, rule of law,aura mercy, judegment of light, avenging crusader and the beacon of light of course.
    Why crusader of light instead of faith?
    Faith is another gd from what i rember that is not so powerfull, instead every hit with crusader it reduce my cd of holy shock and light of dawn by 1.5, i will give you an example of how i do.
    Holy shock, light of dawn, activating crusader, 2xcrusader striker, by this time i can use again holy shock, as meanwhile a judgement, and here you have plenti of option, maybe an holy ligh from proc, or holy shock again, or maybe again crusader, light of dawn maybe again, depends of your priorities and how fast can you move, of course judgement of light alwayes ad cd, holy shock ad cd, holy light alwayes when it procs,and you should use more that light of dawn, with the azerite trait ( increase to 40 yards)

And rule of lawn, do not use it only when you want to reach specific targhets, use to expand your mastery with aoe healing, lod, wings, etc

Do be honest i didn't manage to try vectis mythic, but i'm just sharing what i do, maybe will help out. Regards and sorry for writing mistakes.
    Last edited by mmocbcb364d6ac; 2018-11-28 at 11:46 PM.

Deleted
    Thank you two. I'll try to squeeze in next time then. At the end of our evening i actually tried to position myself "risky" at the boss which did work kind of, I definitely won't be able to maintain 100% uptime but i'll try to be in melee whenever it's safe to do so. Just have to react quickly when i or the melee close to me gets the Miasma.

I wasn't sur if LoD is that strong here and if i should rather keep my mana for the tanks mostly, going to try to use it more often.
    @Dottzpg: Faith is extremely mana efficient. It's around 60% cheaper than Holy Light while offering the same heal. It's great to spam on our tanks since they are both monks and therefore always get damage so i always get value out of it. Other than that i can cast it on myself during Miasma or when there is nothing to do and then going to help out with Martyr when someone is in dire need due to Miasma. Since i can not asure 100% melee uptime this one is always getting value for me.

Deleted
    The holy paladin, is the most eficent mana heal from all classes,i'm not saying this in a mean way, if you have mana problemes with or without faith, you are doing something wrong. If i do not have mana before the fight is over, literaly i know i did something wrong...or others do something very wrong.