Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

They are holding back Diablo 4 until its ready

They could have demoed a buggy and incomplete d4 to headline blizzcon but blizz took massive heat for BfA being buggy and incomplete. They were under tremendous fire from fans for rushing the xpac out. So they are taking their time with d4 to get it right, even if it means a diablo mobile game headlines blizzcon. I think its a great sign so stop complaining.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

You clearly don't understand why people are mad.

Blizzard hypes up and teases the multiple projects they are working on to reveal absolutely nothing but a mobile game to a group of hardcore PC gamer fans at a fan convention of hardcore fans.

If they didn't know they would get this hate, then it shows just how out of touch with the playerbase and their fans they are.

You tell us what else you are working on, but you don't close your opening ceremony with a fucking mobile game.

This was the biggest mistake Blizzard has ever made imo. Look at the 90k dislikes and growing on the cinematic trailer on youtube.

Also for example Square Enix announced FF7 remake with just a trailer and a very small amount of gameplay footage and the internet exploded. There is no reason Blizzard can't tell us what the hell they are working on with something similar.
    Last edited by crono14; 2018-11-03 at 12:36 AM.

Deleted
    Saying a game is in works requires literally no demo to show just confirmation it's being worked on

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    They could have demoed a buggy and incomplete d4 to headline blizzcon but blizz took massive heat for BfA being buggy and incomplete. They were under tremendous fire from fans for rushing the xpac out. So they are taking their time with d4 to get it right, even if it means a diablo mobile game headlines blizzcon. I think its a great sign so stop complaining.
    wtf are u on? .. they don't have to give us a demo just the words * we are working on it* would have made many happy instead we get a shit Mobile crap which is a reskin of 5 other games from the same company you clearly have no idea or standards so low that u take whatever blizz is throwing at you but don't forget this is a AAA company not some indie shit

Deleted
    95k dislikes, lolza. I'm actually at Blizzcon and I'm not even remotely hyped for it. Could be worse, could be StarCraft.

I was sure the mobile game would be some sort of innovative format set in diablo world. Didn't expect another version of the same thing. Pretty poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Saying a game is in works requires literally no demo to show just confirmation it's being worked on
    Hell, that's what Bethesda did with TES6.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Again, It's not that is necessarily a mobile game.

It's that it's lazy AF. It's literally a re-skinned version of a game a chinese company put out last year with literally the same art and classes from D3. It's like playing a crappy port of D3 on your phone.

Could not be more of an uninspired, lazy, cash grab.

If they had new classes, new setting, new story, that set it apart totally from other games and they were actually making the game themselves and not outsourcing to a Chinese company, then the backlash wouldn't be so bad and deserved.

They're basically saying they see their fans as dumb bots that hand them money for whatever they put their name on. People are fed up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Is there something wrong with you, or are you a paid Blizzard shill?

We all got played this Blizzcon and by all I mean real Diablo fans. I don't give a shit what they might have 'in the pipework', they had a chance to show us something, anything, a tiny cinematic. They gave us a mobile game they clearly think is the future of Diablo. Did you see the way he came out on stage and tried to stoke up enthusiasm for 'how we all connect on our mobile devices' and the crowd went SILENT?

This announcement was an utter disgrace at a flagship Blizzard event.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Do you really want this team working on D4? This is a blessing in disguise. It will never recapture what made D1/D2 special

Quote Originally Posted by crono14 View Post
    You clearly don't understand why people are mad.

Blizzard hypes up and teases the multiple projects they are working on to reveal absolutely nothing but a mobile game to a group of hardcore PC gamer fans at a fan convention of hardcore fans.

If they didn't know they would get this hate, then it shows just how out of touch with the playerbase and their fans they are.

You tell us what else you are working on, but you don't close your opening ceremony with a fucking mobile game.

This was the biggest mistake Blizzard has ever made imo. Look at the 90k dislikes and growing on the cinematic trailer on youtube.

Also for example Square Enix announced FF7 remake with just a trailer and a very small amount of gameplay footage and the internet exploded. There is no reason Blizzard can't tell us what the hell they are working on with something similar.
    Actually Blizzard hyped them working on multiple projects in Diablo universe, People went totally insane with Diablo4, Blizzard warned people that it wasnt going to be Diablo4, Blizzard revealed 1 of those projects, people went batshit crazy that it wasnt Diablo4 like they expected.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Hell, that's what Bethesda did with TES6.
    And Pokémon Company when they announced let's Go games with Pokémon 2019 rpgs. Make a game thats less traditional while promising the Hard core that they're not being forgotten.

Deleted
    it's DISRESPECT !! DIABLO on mobile is like someone kill my doog i feel baad

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    even if it means a diablo mobile game headlines blizzcon
    Yeah, no. They could have lead with the Warcraft panel and they'd be in much better shape but instead they asked themselves "what do our players really want?" and figured it was a watered down mobile-exclusive Diablo 3 asset flip. Not only did they burn their Diablo player base who are already battered and bruised but it really set an underwhelming tone for Blizzcon as a whole since their opening event is counter-intuitive to those who attend and for the franchise itself.

This tells me that even if they were working on Diablo 4, an expansion or a remaster that they likely haven't even left the drawing board otherwise anything would have been better than this. Anything.

The Q&A panel tomorrow is going to be a disaster and I hope more people like "is this an april fool's joke" guy show up to grill them hard.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2018-11-03 at 12:46 AM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Actually Blizzard hyped them working on multiple projects in Diablo universe, People went totally insane with Diablo4, Blizzard warned people that it wasnt going to be Diablo4, Blizzard revealed 1 of those projects, people went batshit crazy that it wasnt Diablo4 like they expected.
    I already 100% knew D4 wasn't coming and wouldn't be revealed at Blizzcon months ago as I know someone who works for Blizzard, but that's beside the point.

No one is going crazy that it wasn't D4. Clearly you are missing the point here too.

Absolutely no one in the crowd or in the Diablo community wants this game and they headline Blizzcon with this shitastic announcement.

I expected something D3 related. Not...this garbage. They could have AT THE VERY LEAST said: "We're working on Diablo 4....but it's not ready to show yet".
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by crono14 View Post
    I already 100% knew D4 wasn't coming and wouldn't be revealed at Blizzcon months ago as I know someone who works for Blizzard, but that's beside the point.

No one is going crazy that it wasn't D4. Clearly you are missing the point here too.

Absolutely no one in the crowd or in the Diablo community wants this game and they headline Blizzcon with this shitastic announcement.
    Yeah and how many wanted overwatch before they released it ? Maybe no one asked for it but im sure a shitload of people are going to play it.

I would have honestly preferred a WoW fishing app instead of the Diablo mobile game.

I'm looking t the game, and honestly, it may not suck. There's one problem, Blizzard has long been a champion of PC gamers, and I think many of them feel like they are being ignored. I'd say there's a very good chance that I never even play the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah and how many wanted overwatch before they released it ? Maybe no one asked for it but im sure a shitload of people are going to play it.
    Overwatch had a ton more hype when they announced it than this game does. Sure, Overwatch was late to the party, just like Heroes of the Storm was late to the party. Will this game be innovative in any meaningful way?

The mistake is indeed that they didn't even have a teaser for a proper Diablo project, when Diablo has been sidelined since Reaper of Souls. All Diablo has gotten since Reaper of Souls is a class and a few adventure zones without any proper story.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    I expected something D3 related. Not...this garbage. They could have AT THE VERY LEAST said: "We're working on Diablo 4....but it's not ready to show yet".
    Yeah they could and be flooded from now until it was ready with when is Diablo4 ready question, and before you claim it wouldnt happen, it already did with project Titan.

I think they're going to tease it's in development tomorrow at their panel after the train wreck of the mobile game announcement.