Quote Originally Posted by karumayu View Post
Maybe I'm not as jaded as some of you here, but I would like to believe the writers knows better than to give us an exact rehash of Garrosh' ending.

Garrosh was handled really poor. They had the opportunity to show nuance by actually showing a struggling horde due to Cataclysm and it being the sole reason for a war between the Horde and Alliance. But in-game reflected that very poorly where horde showed no sigs of struggle (Orc clone machine and several fortresses and outposts with no logical supply lines). The writers miscommunication about the character of Garrosh was also pretty horrible. His character arc told by the stories released at WoTLK was ignored and he was firmly sat to become a dictator. Instead of becoming a second Orgrim, he became blackhand.

The worst offender was the final bits of SoO where horde as whole did not get an introspection of their culture. Everything was placed on Garrosh and their own compliance to the war up to mid MoP was also blamed on Garrosh.
Garrosh was a worse situation because his actions up to arguably the Heart were proportionate, yet he was immediately the target of internal dissent. Even then, despite their complaining they still did the general parts of what he wanted them to do until SoO, when he became the scapegoat. Sylvanas has less opposition and does worse shit for worse reasons yet the Alliance already blame her solely for the war. We both know where this is going.

Saurfang sees zero flaws in orcish culture. He wants 'his' Horde back, i.e the Thrall Horde who's failure lead to Garrosh. He is being cast as unambiguously correct, despite the fact that he, like the Horde as a whole, are hypocritical and weak, where they are not openly complicit. The cinematics are about how Saurfang would do nothing without Anduin freeing and enlightening him. It's an abominable story even worse than SoO because at least SoO began internally and the Horde as a whole was marginally less culpable when it was left completely off the hook.