View Poll Results: Where do you stand now ?

Voters
1029. This poll is closed
  • Saurfang

525 51.02%
  • Sylvanas

504 48.98%
Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Saurfang forever, he represents the Horde I joined back in vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    I don't remember bowing to alliance back then. Or "putting my hopes and dreams into boiking".

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    He represents part of the wc3 horde, in vanilla they already had forsaken. And even that is stretching it, considering the shenanigans Grom was up to in Wc3

Now that i think about it the horde never had a unified or overarching theme, except for war.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2018-11-03 at 05:50 PM.

Neither. Both fucking suck.

I didn't pick horde to serve the master race human like a certain cowardly suicidal orc warrior.

Lady Sylvanas gets my vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    He represents part of the wc3 horde, in vanilla they already had forsaken. And even that is stretching it, considering the shenanigans Grom was up to in Wc3

Now that i think about it the horde never had a unified or overarching theme, except for war.
    Grom was Leeroy Jenkins before Leeroy Jenkins became a thing. He'd be dead if Thrall didn't save his ass during attack on Human bases.

Forsaken were the only faction to be neutral toward rest of the Horde in vanilla. They were always "these guys" - part of the Horde, but always quite a bit different. The stuff they were doing with RAS only made it all the more obvious. Sylvanas didn't really change for the better since then.

Vol'jin was a "traitor" when garrosh became evil now saurfang does the same and alot of people like sylvanas still? sounds like sylvanas can't do anything bad in peoples eyes.

What happend to #notmywarchief ?
    Last edited by runepower; 2018-11-03 at 06:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    NEITHER

I am TIRED of needing the Alliance to be our moral compass. But I'm ALSO tired of being Baby-eating evil. (No, Sylvanas, burning down the tree of civilians to 'kill hope' was not pragmatic!)

Unsubbed and plan to stay that way.
    Thanks for still visiting wow fansite and sharing your opinion with us!

Quote Originally Posted by runepower View Post
    Vol'jin was a "traitor" when garrosh became evil now saurfang does the same and alot of people like sylvanas still? sounds like sylvanas can't do anything bad in peoples eyes.
    The same folks chanting basic campfire for Warchief are now screaming for Saurfang's head because anything less then blind obedience to Sylvanas is unacceptable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Cinematic doesnt change anything. Saurfang was a traitor and still being the traitor only for Sylvanas fanboys, and true Horde hero for everyone else.
    I kinda amazed how people throw around "traitor!" tantrum without even try to think properly.
    I'm sure Saurfang will challenge Sylvanas in honorable duel, him being the honorable warrior he is :P.
    Although I'm a Blood Elf in heart and soul I stand by Lorthemar while saying " I wont forget the sacrifice Sylvanas made for her people in their time of need, and i wont turn my back on her just because she is fighting for her beliefs versus those incredibly arrogant hypocrite alliance fanboys.
    I feel sympathy for Anduin but he's just being played by more malign forces behind the screen.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-11-04 at 02:18 AM. Reason: Received Infraction

Could people stop throwing around childish terms

Deleted
    Pre cinematic: Saurfang
    Post cinematic: 50x Saurfang. This guy is the future of the horde, especially with sylv being corrupted from SP dagger. Time for the edgelord kiddies to say bye to their dark lady.

Quote Originally Posted by ello View Post
    This feels like spam at this point.

Roughly half of the Horde + most Alliance will support Saurfang, the other half of the Horde will support Sylvanas. I don't see this cinematic changing opinions either way, personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Thought I'd go Saurfang before this cinematic.

Now going Sylvanas. What a damn traitor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Abstained from voting last time. Still dislike Sylvanas. Voted for her anyway this time around.

Traitors are scum.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post

I can't believe that i'd ever say Saurfang(one of my favorite characters) is traitor scum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    Funny how all they've managed to do is make me want to vote for Sylvanas if anything just out of spite.
    Well, I guess I stand corrected.

In retrospect, the whole "I spared the Alliance King so he would continue to kill loyal Horde soldiers until he eventually got to their commander and save the Horde" isn't a great look for him.

God, what the hell are Horde players supposed to be feeling right now? The way they are framing things gives me the impression Blizzard wants you to side with Saurfang. The implication being that I, as a Horde player, am supposed to be exctied for High King Wonderboy and his new buttbudy to "rebuild the Horde"(8.1 dialogue)?

This is fucking maddening.

God, what the hell are Horde players supposed to be feeling right now? The way they are framing things gives me the impression Blizzard wants you to side with Saurfang. The implication being that I, as a Horde player, am supposed to be exctied for High King Wonderboy and his new buttbudy to "rebuild the Horde"(8.1 dialogue)?

For me to side with Saurfang he just had to do the good old Orgrim Doomhammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    For me to side with Saurfang he just had to do the good old Orgrim Doomhammer.
    @ello

This. The only thing Saurfang had to do was challenge Sylvanas at a critical moment, win and then continue the war. I.e what an orc should do when he disagrees with his Warchief. Instead, he mopes around and only does something when prompted by our glorious leader.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Well, I guess I stand corrected.

In retrospect, the whole "I spared the Alliance King so he would continue to kill loyal Horde soldiers until he eventually got to their commander and save the Horde" isn't a great look for him.

Hrm? What makes you think it's supposed to be a great look for him. Saurfang is someone who is failing to be a great leader, and that's intentional. He doesn't feel qualified or deserving to be the guy who saves the Horde. But if no one else steps up, it doesn't matter if he's qualified or deserving. Someone has to do it, and no one is going to do it if they all feel someone else should.

Saurfang looking for someone else to save the Horde is painted as wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    @ello

This. The only thing Saurfang had to do was challenge Sylvanas at a critical moment, win and then continue the war. I.e what an orc should do when he disagrees with his Warchief. Instead, he mopes around and only does something when prompted by our glorious leader.
    What would even be the point of continuing the war?

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Since he agrees that war is necessary and plans the attack I think there are plenty of reasons for the Horde to at least secure more territory. Saurfangs only problem with the war so far is the blight and the murder of civilians. He was okay with everything else.

Maintaining the purpose of the expansion and setting up a workable status quo in game. You are kidding yourself if you think any peace arrangement would last considering the mechanisms of the game. Have the night elves refuse peace because they rightly view the rest of the Horde as culpable in Sylvanas' actions and have Saurfang continue the war before they're interrupted by the Old Gods because he stands by his A Good War reasoning. Then afterwards you can settle into a Vanilla-esque cold war scenario.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    1.) I dislike Sylvanas as Warchief - so not a fanboy
    2.) Someone's opinion is entirely irrelevant to the fact that Saurfang is now confirmed to be collaborating with the Alliance against the Horde
    3.) Disliking the reigning ideology in your faction doesn't excuse betrayal
    Saurfang is not working against the Horde. He is trying to free the Horde from Sylvanas.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Night Elves expecting some compensation for what happened to them? Unless Blizzard really believes they can pull another "oh, it was all Garrosh Sylvanas' fault, we are innocent" and Night Elven get bent over yet again because Anduin wants peace at any cost. Which is probably what's going to happen, so... eh...