Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cronotose View Post
    If this Diablo announcement gets a 5.5, what would they have to do to get a genuinely low grade?
    Like I said over the day the shock of it has worn off and it boils down to it just being horribly mistimed, and I won't burn a game for that. The game itself looks functional and I will at the very least give it a try before downgrading it to 1-2 point status.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Like I said over the day the shock of it has worn off and it boils down to it just being horribly mistimed, and I won't burn a game for that. The game itself looks functional and I will at the very least give it a try before downgrading it to 1-2 point status.
    I'd agree. In a vacuum the announcement is fine. The problem is when you insert the context. Almost a YEAR of hype building on Blizzard's part, fansites taking that hype and running with it claiming Diablo 4 was for sure happening, Blizz putting so much emphasis on Diablo in the Blizzcon promos, and then putting the announcement in the "and one more thing" slot.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I'm almost shocked at how little Overwatch is allowed to show at these conventions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    i think the devs have to come to the persons house and actually piss in their cornflakes.

even then it'd still be easier to swallow than Diablo Immortal!
    I just don't hand out 0/10-3/10 willy nilly, yes it's not what I want, but It wasn't a video of someone getting beaten bloody while onlookers laugh. The people making it at least seemed to be somewhat passionate about the project, and if anyone can make lemon aid out of a lemon it's blizzard! Like I said I feel it was horribly mistimed but I'm not so enthralled with hating it that It tarnishes blizzard for me.

8/10 are you kidding me? If it wasnt for freaking Warcraft 3 remastered, this is easily hands down one of the worst blizzcons ive seen, the announcements were even more generic then normal, OW gets a hero.... Hots gets a hero, Hs gets its typical money grabbing expansion, cash grab trash D3 mobile game and out of all the games that usually doesnt get much talk after an expansion was Warcraft, got lots of patch news, remaster WC3 and classic coming next year at no extra cost. over all score

-99/0

This is the worst Blizzcon I think I've ever seen so far, although the bar was typically set very high. Overall I thought Overwatch and Heroes had the best panels.

Everything was a mix of terrible or simply mediocre at best.

I just don't hand out 0/10-3/10 willy nilly, yes it's not what I want, but It wasn't a video of someone getting beaten bloody while onlookers laugh. The people making it at least seemed to be somewhat passionate about the project, and if anyone can make lemon aid out of a lemon it's blizzard! Like I said I feel it was horribly mistimed but I'm not so enthralled with hating it that It tarnishes blizzard for me.
    they're not passionate they want to keep their jobs, they know it's shit they know no-one gives a fuck, but the higher ups who are going MAKE ME SOME FUCKING MONEY, RELEASE A MOBILE DIABLO, and they just release this shit knowing it probably cost nothing and will make an easy dollar.

but it's ok you don't need to hate it, 97% of people do you can be the unique 3% willing to waste the phone storage space.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindflower View Post
    This is the worst Blizzcon I think I've ever seen so far, although the bar was typically set very high. Overall I thought Overwatch and Heroes had the best panels.

Everything was a mix of terrible or simply mediocre at best.
    Heroes feels like they had a real soul searching moment last year and decided "Blizzard DOTA" just wasn't cutting it anymore.

Overwatch.... well it's not a hamster, it's not low hanging fruit like Bridgitta, and it's making new lore again so it's a start back to relevancy.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a fucking shit show.

I get the distinct feeling that the only one taking real pride in their game and not just mailing it in was Jeff from OW.

Everything else? Either sucked (Diablo, WoW) or I didn’t care about in the first place (HotS, Hearthstone, SC).
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I'd agree. In a vacuum the announcement is fine. The problem is when you insert the context. Almost a YEAR of hype building on Blizzard's part, fansites taking that hype and running with it claiming Diablo 4 was for sure happening, Blizz putting so much emphasis on Diablo in the Blizzcon promos, and then putting the announcement in the "and one more thing" slot.
    Q: What's your reaction to how social media has reacted to this?
    A: We've definitely seen social media. If you remember Hearthstone, when it was announced people reacted in a similar way to the way people are reacting to Immortal now. We still have things in development for the PC side of things. We know mobile is a thing and it isn't everyone's thing.

Q: Is this game not targeted for us as core Diablo players?
    A: We would like to think that the game is target first and foremost to our core audience of Diablo players, and of course we would like to be able to capture new players in new regions as the game comes out.

I Think ther a Drunk lik i am..

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    It all felt so pointless aside from WC3 remastered.

Like I'm sitting here thinking "Did they need a con for this?"
    Too me it felt like it could have easily been put into a small 1 paragraph Blue Post on a Monday..

10+ Year Old Account
    IDK I can't remember the year exactly, I think it was the year after D3 launched (which was also an in between year for Wow expansions to if i remember right), but I swear we had nothing of value. Overwatch HS weren't a thing yet and HotS was still a map for SC2 called blizzard DotA. Day one was already tainted with QA panels and the announcements they did have felt very lack luster. that was the lowest one for me at like 3.5 - 4. I guess some people really just don't get hyped for things like HS sets or hero announcement, ohh well to each their own.

No amount of content will save this game if class design dont change.

10+ Year Old Account
    IDK I can't remember the year exactly, I think it was the year after D3 launched (which was also an in between year for Wow expansions to if i remember right), but I swear we had nothing of value. Overwatch HS weren't a thing yet and HotS was still a map for SC2 called blizzard DotA. Day one was already tainted with QA panels and the announcements they did have felt very lack luster. that was the lowest one for me at like 3.5 - 4. I guess some people really just don't get hyped for things like HS sets or hero announcement, ohh well to each their own.
    Oh I looked this up recently. 2014 litearly the only good thing to come out of the convention was Overwatch, which wasn't seen for nearly two years after.

5+ Year Old Account
    Opening (4/10)
    Nothing surprising and since the expected stuff is not really exciting I was bored.

Diablo (0/10)

Overwatch (6/10)
    Looks okay, but doesn't really interests me.

Hearthstone (7/10)
    Looks fun, maybe I will return for a few matches with my friends.

World of Warcraft (6/10)
    It was enough from a quantitative point of view. Everything about 8.1 was already known. 8.1.5 is completely unappealing to me, especially considering that Kul Tirans and Zandalari were announced a year ago. 8.2.5 also looks boring, but I hope their will be more to it. 8.2 is as expected, minus additional allied races and a warfront. Crestfall being a island expedition is kinda underwhelming.

Heroes of the Storm (5/10)
    meh

Warcraft 3 Reforged (6/10)
    Looks okay, but I'm primarily interested in the world editor, which they didn't talk about.

Overall (5/10)

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroes feels like they had a real soul searching moment last year and decided "Blizzard DOTA" just wasn't cutting it anymore.
    God I really hope this doesn't end up being true, but after watching the last year of content flow where heroes seem to be coming out every 1.5-2 months instead of every 3.5-4 weeks it really dose feel like it is slowly being bled off. I still hold out hope that they are just preparing some big event, but you never know.

Overwatch.... well it's not a hamster, it's not low hanging fruit like Bridgitta, and it's making new lore again so it's a start back to relevancy.
    Ya this was kind of my thoughts on the whole thing, I much prefer this over the really silly hamster option...

10+ Year Old Account
    God I really hope this doesn't end up being true, but after watching the last year of content flow where heroes seem to be coming out every 1.5-2 months instead of every 3.5-4 weeks it really dose feel like it is slowly being bled off. I still hold out hope that they are just preparing some big event, but you never know.
    I hope it is the case, honestly. They were starting to scrape the bottom of what they could do with Blizzard's existing IPs. Without just importing the entire Overwatch roster and every WoW raid boss ever.

Honestly if they went more the route of DOTA2 and League and started making their own lore and their own heroes I would not be opposed.

Problem is people had it in their head something that was confirmed to NOT be happening. Blizzard stated many times that D4 wasn't going to be at Blizzcon. So who is at fault. The billion and one fan sites running on clickbait. The brain dead morons that followed it or Blizzard for saying "No D4." and running with something that inherently isn't bad.

Sorry I won't jump on the "Mobile games are pure cancer and must be destroyed." Brigade that seems to be running in certain parts of the gaming world.

Diablo: 0/10, disgrace.
    WoW: 3/10, Same shit, no fix for system issues/class design but new stuff looks nice but not worth subbing for.

Don't bother with the rest, 1.5/10.

I just think it was a shame that #projectebonblade didn't really get showcased at the Con, that was a pretty big Cosplay project that I would've loved to see on the stage at BlizzCon.