Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    -SC2 there is nothing new (new coop yay)
    -HotS there is nothing new (new banners, FUCKING YES!)
    -HS gets a new expansion like always
    -Diablo Mobile announcement was infuriating
    -WoW does as WoW always does when there is no major expansion coming up (new patch, "we're gonna fix the expansion", new raids, new dances...). Some things are actually good
    -Classic demo is also super meh
    -I'm out of touch with Overwatch but yay new heroes
    -WC3 Reforged is the only kinda exciting thing and it's a remaster... would've liked a complete Warcraft RTS remaster more (WC+WC2+WC3+all addons) but I'll take WC3r
    -Cinematic and art is good as always
    -Esport is also good, but you don't need a Blizzcon for that

Back in the day Blizz would skip Blizzcon if there was nothing major to announce. Should've skipped it this year.

Deleted
    Mobile game and remakes....

Blizzard once was a leading game company in creativity and epic games.
    Now in the year 2018 i get a hard EA vibe around this blizzcon.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Was going great, and it actually had me excited for Diablo beofre it came on because it felt like they were going to top it off with something huge at the end. That and the fact that Diablo What's Next was the panel going off immediately after the opening ceremony. Then that trainwreck happened. Also Wyatt Cheng looking like a nervous teenager pitching his app idea before an investor group didn't help things along.
    Last edited by thilicen; 2018-11-03 at 10:20 AM.

I liked everything tbh except Diablo. I Was utterly dissapointed.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    World of Warcraft 8/10: 8.1 being still a month away is certainly disappointing, but I liked the look and feel of everything else coming in BFA. Both the new zones seem quite fun and interesting, and happy for a new megadungeon.
    I believe you mean 8.1/10
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

The Diablo game probably will do well enough in China even if the rest of the world is a poor financial reception, like the Warcraft movie. Candy Crush makes them a lot of money too.

With that said, I don't think it was the time or placed to be announcing the game. I think they originally announced Hearthstone at a PAX, yeah? Certainly didn't need the "What's Next" panel either right after the Opening Ceremony

I would be looking for a exit strategy from Activision if i where Blizzard.

Worst blizzcon in recent memory. The fact that a remaster was the best announcement, when at a decent con it would have been a side note at best, is laughable. With the debacle that bfa and classic have turned out to be, overwatch a sinking ship, and diablo getti g a fucking reskinned mobile game, blizzard is officially now just a shitty subsidiary of Activision.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviant008 View Post
    When the red shirt guy asked if this was a joke and the Blizzard guy said it was serious everyone should have just stand up and walked to the exit. That would have been the right response to a Diablo mobile game.
    What was the idea? The whole room was full of PC/consol gamers and they announce this. I mean so out of touch....
    This is such a disrespect for the game... putting it into the bathroom so you can sh*t and grind at the same time.

I like how the WoW team did 0 damage control, no fixing. Just new mounts, pets, 2 raid zones and one oversized dungeon, and after classic some watery zone. If the core gameplay is trash why do I even bother with the content?

OW was fine. I like the shotgun "girl". It seems they put more money back into the game than TF2 did. So this is a plus for me.
    HS is like the Sims series. Without expansions it was a good game back then.

I wonder how bad Destiny 2 if they are giving it away for free. I bought it 1 month ago so when I heard that "free" sh*t I flipped my table...

Overall this is the worst Blizzcon in their history. I hope one day there will be a better company with a better MMO.

BTW If they don't make a sotry mode for OW they should implement these short videos into the f*cking game interface, like the WoW trailers...
    Last edited by mmocfd328e0b6e; 2018-11-03 at 10:43 AM.

Been playing WoW off and on since TBC. Play Hearthstone some still (at least while Tesspionage is a thing lol). Dabbled in HotS. Played Diablo 2 and 3 a bit. I think I've kept up with every Blizzcon.

This is the worst Blizzcon I've watched, no question. I think they should have skipped it this year, to be honest. The announced absolutely nothing that needed so much fanfair to announce.I know it's fun for the people who go (so maybe it's worth it!?) but ... yikes ... I feel bad for anyone who spent $$$ to attend or watch from home.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    No Ogres or Half Ogres.
    No Vulpera confirmation.
    No Diablo 4.
    No Diablo MMO.
    No Starcraft MMO.
    No Queen Azshara nudes.

Worst. Blizzcon. Ever.

Pretty much this. Only redeeming qualities are WC3 and Classic being live sooner than I thought.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Honestly I think this year is something of a blip. This year by all rights should have been cancelled for lack of content.

Next year will for sure have a new WoW expansion, as every other Blizzcon has since time began. That alone would sell me a $50 ticket.
    The next WoW xpac will be revealed at Gamescom (like 100%) so why even bother with Blizzcon next year or even buying a ticket? I mean honestly. After the sh*show this years Blizzcon opening day was a virtual ticket is a forever no for me.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

By topics.

BfA: 7/10, excited. Plenty of cool new things coming down the pipeline.

Starcraft II: 3/10, distraught. Zeratul hero is cute... but there's nothing meaty.

Warcraft III: 9/10, super happy but it still won't compensate for the next topic.

Diablo: 1/10, heartbroken. I know there's other projects in the works but... really... this is Blizzcon? Who at Blizzcon will care about this? This is an announcement for E3 or Gamescom where you try to reach other new demographics. Not bitchslapping the Diablo starved fans who are bleeding into Path of Exile with your mobile garbage.

Hearthstone: 7/10, Trolls are good.

Overwatch: 5/10 Cool vid... that's all I care about.

Edit: Forgot about Heroes of the Storm: 6/10 Want to see more but this is a cool cinematic. Curious for other nexus heroes even though I'm more interested in some more of my favourite missing characters from older Blizzard games.

CoDIVBLOPS-Spunkgargleweewee: N/A. Complete apathy. Shouldn't even be mentioned at Blizzcon.

Destiny: -10/10. Get that shit out of Blizzcon and remove it from the launcher... or maybe just allow me to hide that shit. (along with CoD)
    Last edited by MrDragon; 2018-11-03 at 11:43 AM.

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    So far I have seen nothing that would have made a virtual ticked worth it for me, I think I made the right choice by not giving Blizzard money .
    Totally agree. I also didn't waste my money on a virtual ticket because there was nothing in it for anyone to validate purchasing it. If you want to play a limited buggy version of Classic wow then by all means fill your boots but I ain't wasting my time or money on that shit. I also I'm very happy about not giving Blizzard my money for nothing. OH WAIT, they were including an epic cloak that no one cares about, gg!

Overwatch: Don't care
    Hearthstone: It's pretty much what was expected.
    HotS: WTF is this lolicon shit?
    Warcraft 3: Best announcement at Blizzcon.
    WoW: A solid meh
    Diablo: WHAT IN THE FUCKING FUCK WAS BLIZZARD THINKING?
    Last edited by Wyrt; 2018-11-03 at 11:21 AM.

The only Blizz game I play is WoW. I'm unsubbed at the moment.

I'd give the info announced a 7/10 as well. I didn't see anything wildly exciting but if the Azshara patch looks interesting when more info is released I might come back for that. I really don't care about the mechagnomes though.

I'm a bit sad. The only game I want to play is Hearthstone. WoW is dead, Diablo is dead, sadness. At least we'll get Warcraft 3 remaster.

And HotS receiving LoL hero was hilarious.
    Last edited by ldev; 2018-11-03 at 11:33 AM.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

I will resume Blizzcon : Team looked to better their writer's room after Legion.

Lol, nice troll

BFA 4/10
    OW 5/10
    W3 8/10 - interesting, but as someone else stated a 16 year old game being the highlight of the con..
    Diablo -1/10 annoucing a mobile game to hardcore pc gamers shows the level of disconnect that they have with their playerbase.
    The rest - dont care.
    Fact I didnt buy a Virtual ticket = 10/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I've made that comparison a number of times today with D4.

A few fansites run with this entirely unsubstantiated rumor (D4) or leak (Smash) and get the fanbase whipped up into a frenzy that it's "guaranteed" to happen, then it doesn't and the fans turn not on the fansites but on the developers.

Now that doesn't excuse the fact that Blizzard decided their main attraction at Blizzcon was a phone game, or that Nintendo decided the best character to finish off the reveal circuit with was... a Pokemon that's been around for 2 years now.
    Ya, In the end I don't think anyone will say this wasn't terribly mistimed, and a little tone def lol. But like you I wont drop the load solely on blizzards shoes for this, especially when they warned us beforehand not go overboard with expectations. In the end the shock has worn off for me at least, so it's now just a thing, the people working on this seem to be giving it the effort to make a good game, not just another trash "Free" cell phone game. Also the game can add some interesting lore points to the universe considering the time period. Lastly the game looks to reuse a lot of D3 assets so It most likely wasn't even a drain on PC Diablo being made so I can't be mad at it for that.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Day one felt great until we hit Diablo news.. Man.. never felt this sad or shameful..
    I was only half watching at the time since I was streaming, but I distinctly remember after the reveal they cut to a bunch of people in cosplay playing the game.

And I remember saying "Oh okay so the demo area is a bunch of tablets set up."

Nope, they were in cosplay tapping away at a tiny phone. Probably two gens old.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)