Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    If judging by the events which happened in WoW history, would you consider Sylvanas a now Horde leader from the used to be Alliance faction burning an Alliance Capital vs. Arthas the supposed to be crowned king and suppose to be leader as a mass executioner of his very own people from the city of Stratholme would Arthras and his time as a core Alliance NPC resolve into Sylvanas a morally grayer leader now that they both have parallel in Warbringers:Sylvanas?

Focus: Massacre, death of innocent lives and Burning-Arson

Innocent's lives were not spared.
    ToB there are few survivor. CoT few or none at all.
    Imminent war vs. Immenent scourge attack

Further comparison and contrast
    - Betrayal of public trust. The Stratholme villagers might perceive Arthras' action as inhumane and evil. It might appear so as well from other allies in Human alliance.
    Sylvanas's action cause others to question her decision as it might contradict what Horde stands for.
    Now if it was about Sylvanas using the Blight on UC and not evacuating it 1st... then you might have a debate, but since she burned Teldrassil, even though she planned to occupy it, because 1 dying NElf told her she can't win against hope, and snapped... no.

Quote Originally Posted by Scathan View Post
    The city is a military target, civilians live there sure, but it is the night elf bastion. The city was not surrendered.

Nothing you said makes it not a legit target.

That quest was stupid.
    The city was surrendered, though. They were preparing for occupation. Legitimately. Sylvanas literally had surrendering civilians burned alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Right, it's not because she's literally become a cartoon villain - It's obviously because some group of unknowns that you can't seem to find have a hate hardon for her.

And instead of providing evidence, here you are, once again, telling me to prove your point. I think I'll wait for you to prove it, that seems fair to me.

As someone who used to like Sylvanas, her current characterization is piss poor, and yes, I can't wait to kill her now.
    Yes it is. Sylvanas was not always, as you put it, a cartoon villain. But since Cataclysm, those with a hardon for killing the character have been making noise non stop. Since then there's been a thread or two about killing her up at most times on most forums. Threads about killing her started by Allianceboiz are not that hard to find.

If you don't like Sylvanas go join Saurfang in his human potential quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    The city was surrendered, though. They were preparing for occupation. Legitimately. Sylvanas literally had surrendering civilians burned alive.
    They weren't surrendered, that's the whole point. The novellas make clear that every night elf has some degree of military experience and that they wouldn't stand meekly by when the Horde attempted occupation, something Saurfang and Sylvanas confirm in internal monologue regarding Malf's survival. Occupying the city would be costly and result in partisan warfare without achieving its main objective of drawing the Alliance into hasty and stupid action. Morally, the Burning is evil as fuck, tactically though, it actually holds up.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2018-11-11 at 09:10 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.