Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    If rumours are to be believed there were originally plans to talk a bit about Diablo 4 but they were shelved due to development still being in flux. I assume that is part of Blizz's recent policy of only showing things that will definitely be in the game to avoid cries of "broken promises."
    Blizz denied this particular rumor and I see little reason to not believe their word here.

Realistically, we're looking at a good 3-4 years at least before D4 will be out and that's like super optimistic estimate, I bet they don't even know themselves how many more years it will take, so announcing it now would just kill the hype later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Btw who wants to bet that the "one additional skill" per class we've seen over Diablo 3 are the additional skills that would have come with the second expansion? Which makes me even angrier since that ice crystal that interacts with frost ray is such a cool concept.
    Now I know why people are mad at Blizzard. They make up stuff in their mind and blame Blizzard for it.

I mean, I was as disappointed as the next guy over Blizzcon and how they handled their announcements.
    But to be fair, this actually looks like a decent game, especially for a mobile game :P.
    I probably won't play it, just because I would never get a new phone just for a game. But if this can make Blizzard a good amount of money, then I say good for them, and good for us!

before i even open the video, let me guess, it has more dislikes than likes

EDIT: 1.2k likes, 1.2k dislikes, guess i was wrong :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I wont play it because mobile games cause me terrible eye strain... this dates back to even the old Game Boy days, something about small screens and me lol.

But if people enjoy it more power to them, we should not vilify people because they like something you don't
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing really against them putting out a mobile game, it was gonna happen anyway. Just badly timed announcement.

The "outrage" is such an overreaction though. People wishing for the entire company to fail and for developers to die or lose their jobs because of this? I dunno, if you don't like something just don't pay for it.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, that's just another day at the internet. I would not call it an overreaction by now, it's the expected one
    True enough. The way the media and people on forums portray it, it's like an unprecedented shitstorm.

Game doesn't look awful or anything.

It looks good enough when watching a video for what it is. However like others have said, if your phone isn't fucking huge then your thumbs are going to be covering parts of the screen constantly and I don't think people are going to fork out money to buy a bigger phone just to play a more "meh" version of D3.

Quote Originally Posted by JMitchy96 View Post
    It looks good enough when watching a video for what it is. However like others have said, if your phone isn't fucking huge then your thumbs are going to be covering parts of the screen constantly and I don't think people are going to fork out money to buy a bigger phone just to play a more "meh" version of D3.
    Honestly, unless you're buying an iphone you can get a phone pretty cheap with a large screen. Most Android budget phones sacrifice the camera to lower prices. $300 can get you a good phone with a 6+ inch display nowadays. People claiming that you need an $800 phone are fucking idiots at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Honestly, unless you're buying an iphone you can get a phone pretty cheap with a large screen. Most Android budget phones sacrifice the camera to lower prices. $300 can get you a good phone with a 6+ inch display nowadays. People claiming that you need an $800 phone are fucking idiots at this point.
    $300 is still a lot of money for some people, and it's definitely not worth paying that kind of money for a game like this

if they can do it reasonably cheap, they should do it simply for customer good will.
    I know, but we live in a world that if it isn't profitable for someone, it won't be done.

However, the game looks fluid in gameplay. Nothing fancy but a good time killer, until the microtx wall starts and you just uninstall. Until Blizzard takes it in their hands and it's a Diablo-like system - from what i've seen, it's isn't at all unfortunately.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Blizz HQ atm diablo quarter
    -snip video-

Infracted.

Quote Originally Posted by Leih View Post
    True enough. The way the media and people on forums portray it, it's like an unprecedented shitstorm.

Game doesn't look awful or anything.
    It's a complete and total PR suicide. Doesn't matter much that you made a blog post about "tampering expectation" when you reserve a franchise the best and most visible spot in you annual convention dedicated to your core playerbase.

It has literally nothing to do with the game itself (which won't be anything special anyway). You cannot simply expect people not to be mad at this, and stuff like "don't you have a phone?" is exactly what NOT to do in this cases.

It's an unprecedented shitstorm; or better, we've seen the same with EA and C&C on mobile, but in that scenatio C&C is an old franchise that's been "resurrected" through mobile and basically a bonus. Diablo on the other side is one of the three main staples of Blizzard, and after years of nothing they come out with this. Hell, this kind of reaction is basically guaranteed.

I suppose they had nothing really valuable to show but they couldn't afford to not present anything (because i refuse to believe they REALLY thin D:I is a big thing to show people).

Quote Originally Posted by JMitchy96 View Post
    $300 is still a lot of money for some people, and it's definitely not worth paying that kind of money for a game like this
    The point is everyone has a phone but people seem to think you need some $800 flagship to play these games. Chances are the phone in your pocket is good enough. Even if it isnt thats honestly not blizzards problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    It's a complete and total PR suicide. Doesn't matter much that you made a blog post about "tampering expectation" when you reserve a franchise the best and most visible spot in you annual convention dedicated to your core playerbase.

It has literally nothing to do with the game itself (which won't be anything special anyway). You cannot simply expect people not to be mad at this, and stuff like "don't you have a phone?" is exactly what NOT to do in this cases.

It's an unprecedented shitstorm; or better, we've seen the same with EA and C&C on mobile, but in that scenatio C&C is an old franchise that's been "resurrected" through mobile and basically a bonus. Diablo on the other side is one of the three main staples of Blizzard, and after years of nothing they come out with this. Hell, this kind of reaction is basically guaranteed.

I suppose they had nothing really valuable to show but they couldn't afford to not present anything (because i refuse to believe they REALLY thin D:I is a big thing to show people).
    It's funny cause many people on this forum just don't get this. They will fall on the sword for Blizzard no matter what they do.

This was an absolute PR catastrophe for Blizzard. They will be the butt of every joke and meme going forward. Reputation and branding is everything to a company. What took them 20 years to build took them about 20-30 minutes to ruin between the opening ceremony and that panel.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get it. You're disappointed, and it's annoying.

But come the fuck on. Unmitigated PR disaster?

Call me a white knight or whatever but it's nothing to do with Blizzard-defending. It's just exhausting the amount of manufactured outrage we get in this day and age.

Don't people have more important things to worry themselves over than things like this?

Oh no!!! A company is releasing a game I don't like?? So what... just, don't play it? You're entitled to feel disappointed it's not the game you want, even feel a little annoyed. But outraged? PR catastrophe? Death threats? Come on...

I get it. You're disappointed, and it's annoying.

But come the fuck on. Unmitigated PR disaster?

Call me a white knight or whatever but it's nothing to do with Blizzard-defending. It's just exhausting the amount of manufactured outrage we get in this day and age.

Don't people have more important things to worry themselves over than things like this?

Oh no!!! A company is releasing a game I don't like?? So what... just, don't play it? You're entitled to feel disappointed it's not the game you want, even feel a little annoyed. But outraged? PR catastrophe? Death threats? Come on...
    I get it , you are annoyed that people are attacking your beloved company, and it's disappointing. It's also exhausting to have to argue with people who blindly defend a company while they run their brand through the mud.

Don't you have more important things to worry about than what others are worried about? Oh no, people are posting their frustration online, I better go and defend the company I love and try to aggravate people. See how it works both ways?

You aren't even understanding what most people are even mad about, which is funny.

I fully agree with this - but objectively, this is the worst situation Blizzard could take themselves into. I agree that some people overreact and there's stuff running that makes me wonder if some people should have an internet connection available, but this shouldn't make you say "it's just people being too much mad".

Again, it's nothing to do with the product itself. I'm looking forward to try and play it.

The point is that the (over)reaction has nasty side effects and investors don't care at all about the product - they just look at investments and profits. If something generates an heavily negative reaction this is gonna hurt the later revenue; this is what investors are against and what ultimately hurts the company.

Objectively, a bunch of people screaming isn't going to do shit since it happens every single time for every single announcement. It's a nightmare, because from now on every other single thing they're going to unveil for a long time will have the shadow of "damage control" even if it isn't.

Again, i agree that some behaviours are just worth a facepalm, but we're going into a territory that has zero to do with games and players but it's only about profits and margins. They have chosen and awful strategy and it's going to drag itself for a long time. Mostly comes form the fact that D3 is been a not-so-good product (sold really well but left a "stain" in the franchise) and they couldn't afford a miss this time - something they managed to do.

So the outrage over this was not manufactured. People were honestly angry. The only thing manufactured is the usual has been "journalists" who try to score points with their patreon sugar moms by calling this outrage misogyny and entitlement.
    So much this. I forgot to mention that since a serious outrage started (justified or not), the usual suspects (aka internet "celebrities") jumped into the bandwagon of hate and started derailing even more the thing. A lot is unnecessary and random rage.

I watched quite a bunch of videos from different guys on YT (YongYea, Laymen Gaming, Quin69) and while they all basically say the same things over and over they also make it more "dramatic" than it should be. No one actually posted or discussed about gameplay - everyone pointed out how Blizzard shot itself on his foot.

Which is true, but it's drawing the attention away from the stuff we should actually check: the game itself.

EDIT: i'm waiting for Rhykker. He's usually pretty spot on and his "video silence" means something. I think he's just waiting for most of the mess to die over before saying anything (which i appreciate).

That's why it's a PR nightmare. The product isn't even discussed, everyone is just laughing/shouting at the company.

Over at Icy Veins, Deadset has told them he spend a lot of time playing the demo and did an extensive interview with the devs; he will post a blog as soon as he is able. Honestly the few remaining Diablo streamers who spend most of their time with this game are our best bet to find out if it plays anything like a diablo game or if it really feels like Kung Fu Panda 3 for Android, this time with Barbarians and Demons!
    He posted an update not long ago to his Youtube channel not long ago. He uses the terms "shitstorm" and "emotionally disturbing weekend", so his video should be pretty good I think.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comm..._from_rhykker/

https://www.youtube.com/user/Rhykker/community