Enjoying Combat as a Shaman? (Character Mindset)

Is it possible for a powerful adventurer shaman to enjoy the thrill of combat while still having full use of the elements' powers?

Having the state of mind to take pleasure in combat and at the same time being able to balance the forces of nature seems a bit contradictory to me, although I can also see how you could make the argument that it might be possible to have these two mindsets separate from each other.

Just trying to get into the mindset of my shaman when this thought struck me haha

Any thoughts?

Rehgar is a shaman and he enjoys gladiator battles.

So yeah that pretty much anwsers your idea of a Shaman who enjoys combat.

This guy seems to be having fun.

FROST SHOCK!

I always felt that Elemental are also associated to certain mental state, as demonstrated by the quest chain in Cataclysm where you rescue Thrall's fragment in the four elemental plane.

In the quest chain, we have Fire for Anger, Wind for Doubt, Water for Desire, and Earth for Patience. I feel we can easily add more emotion to each elemental, and may be even augment the Shaman's power a little bit if we want to RP. For instance, a raging Shaman fighting in anger will have stronger Fire power, but weaker Water; meanwhile, an adrenaline junkie Shaman fighting for the thrill of the battle will have stronger Wind power, but weaker Earth, etcetc.

You can even reverse the effect if you feel like it. A shaman who used too much Fire power will become easily agitated and quick to anger; a Shaman who used too much Earth Power will become stubborn and refuse to change despite situation demands it; a Shaman who used too much Water power will malleable and easily cowed by pressure, etcetc.

The class is about the balance of Element afterall.
    Last edited by nothingsjim; 2018-11-07 at 03:10 AM.