Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    yup, totally one of my favorites. Mage towers were also a lot of fun (to me)

I hope Bfa gets that depths (haha) when we dive into nazjatar (too lazy to google the correct name)

The Azerite stuff is and prbly will also be the artifact system in a worse version.

No, It like every other Xpac after CATA sucked ass.

It was shit like everything after WotLK.

I agree but only after they fixed legendary. Let me tell you, playing an (UH) DK with Sephuz was NOT fun at all at the start. And I would assume that holds true for many classes.

After that it quickly became my favorite expansion overall. Also: legendaries+artifact weapons > heart and azerite gear, couldn't do it and unsubbed after a month

Deleted
    Legion was pretty good, but looking back on it now it's completely forgettable and has zero replayability.

All of this due to Artifacts being depowered, you lose the core of the expansion. There is no reason to go back now. Cataclysm or Warlords has more replayability than Legion now.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I wouldn't say fantastic, but it was pretty darn good.

WoD's looking like an oasis to me right now over this dumpster fire. So really, anything would look good compared to the state of BFA.

Legion basically threw everything at us to grab our attention. For the most part it worked because I genuinely enjoyed it. I enjoyed the story, I enjoyed most of the raids (ToS will forever be a sour point) and I enjoyed many of the features.

However that did result in the following:

- Far too much of a power surge that had to be dialed back in BfA.
    - Rapid consumption of lore developments. Burning Legion threat was explored and resolved within an entire expansion. Attention has pretty much had to shift solely to Old Gods as the big bads now.
    - A new grind system in the form of AP which BfA has adopted in an albeit less interesting model.
    - Combination of RNG systems that have resulted in some sharp stings to the individual player (e.g. the combination of M+ caches combined with titanforging and/or traits)

Also while it's been said to death the way Legendaries were awarded at the early end of Legion was downright atrocious, especially before the bad legendaries were rebalanced to be anywhere near comparable. The fact that the team were happy with the system, right up to the tail end of the expansion did put a dampener on things. Not enough to call it a bad expansion but it does only make it me rate it a "good" expansion as opposed to "great".

Legion was the best expansion because of the debacle that was WOD. We maybe will never see an expansion as good as it. Wotlk babies always say that Wotlk was the best, but wasnt, at launch was even worse than BFA, and aside Ulduar and Icecrown, the content was almost forgettable.
    Zul'Jin died for our sins.
    --
    My Loa are smiling at me infidel. can you say the same?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Normally, when coming out of an expansion, I have mixed feelings of it. Maybe it dragged on to long, like wrath or mists, or it didn't have enough to do at the end, like cata or wod. Most expansions have their flaws, and legion had its own too.

But after going back though some snapshots of the stuff I did in legion (I tend to take snapshots of moments in expansions to remember it), I realized how much I miss it now when it was the focus of the game.

- The setting, while a mix up of different environments, made the zones feel unique in their own unique stories, and detailed and rich enough that it didn't need to be interconnected with other zones.
    - The artifact system was a lot of fun, and made every character I played on, alts included, feel important, like they were part of something bigger instead of just playing my main and sometimes alts.
    - The graphics and design and music were all fantastic, the best wow's ever looks (Suramar city is probably the nicest city in wow).
    - The story itself was rich and exciting, and felt like it all lead somewhere. I enjoyed each zone for their depth into other characters are areas of lore not yet talked about in the game.
    - Boss fights and confrontations were pretty great, fighting some big names like gul'dan, kil'jaeden, Xavius, Varimathras, the legion forces themselves, including some newer and interesting characters like elisande and helya.
    - Class order was a nice addition that felt like something personal, like the choice we made to our characters years ago when we first made them finally mattered for something.

The expansion had some flaws its true, but for once I feel like just saying how good it was, when coming out of wod, and how current bfa feels.
    Rngion is the worst expansion
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

I would say Legion felt really good. Not just from gameplay, but from narrative too. Let me explain...

Legion, for me at least, made me feel like that I mattered. Not that I was following the grand plan of my aligned faction (Horde, in my case). The Horde and Alliance were fucked after the Broken Shore. It was up to the adventurers to band together with other members of their respective classes to face the Legion. It showed that we are important in the grand scheme of things and not just another no-face, no-personality side character playing along with the overall narrative. We established our class halls. We were given powerful weapons. Shamans brought together the Elemental Lords; Paladins took up the mantle of the Ashbringer; Mages reformed the Tirisguarde; Priests worked with both light and shadow and bring down the Legion. It felt empowering. It felt like we mattered.

As for gameplay, it did a lot of new things that players (mostly) enjoyed. Mythic+ was a thing that felt great and cool despite being lorded as a port of Diablo 3's Greater Rift system. World Quests were the answer to dailies that had us out in the world beyond our class halls. The Artifact system gave us cool bonuses and new abilities aking to what we get from top end raiding weapons and set pieces. The AP grind wasn't all that fun and I got burned out within a few months but it was something new. Something interesting to play with and figure out what worked and what didn't work.

As much as I have started to hate dungeons for their trash-fest nature to accommodate the M+ system, I quite liked a lot of Legion's dungeons. Eye of Azshara was a cool take on an outdoor dungeon (even if I did get fucking tired of it because it felt like every quest ended with me having to go there). Blackrook Hold was a nice dungeon to go through; even the trash wasn't that annoying. Darkheart Thicket was just funny after I realized you could skip every boss leading up to Xavius. Made getting those "clear 10 dungeons" colours for my mage tower appearances easy to get.

The best part of the whole expansion? Suramar. That whole zone was gorgeous to look at, had great story, great to get around it. When you first went there and you kept getting wrecked by elite guards and had to be careful and sneaky, it really felt like you were in a hostile city that wants you dead. It's like in Baldur's Gate when you decide to fuck with the Flaming Fist and they start beating your ass down.

For me Legion was one of the best expansions, next to MoP and WotLK.

Deleted
    Yeah I loved Legion overall. I mean I had some pretty big problems with the story but then I always do. Honestly I think I'm just not a fan of all of the sci-fi stuff in WoW. I never have been but boarding the Vindicaar, flying through space to another world and firing laser cannons at other spaceships just made me groan which I guess is odd because we've been dealing with the gnomes and goblins making weird shit for years and I never had a problem with that but beaming up to Kil'Jaeden's Star Destroyer just wasn't my thing.

Things I enjoyed like the individual zone stories, Suramar and the class halls kinda made up for that though. Also, I liked Sylvanas's characterization in Legion. It seemed that with her fighting alongside Varian and genuinely trying to save Vol'jin instead of letting him die they were taking the character in a direction I hoped they would but then Before the Storm came out and I realized I was wrong.

One kinda weird problem I had I can sum up with "I don't like feeling super important". I don't like being made supreme commander of things and people telling me I'm a legendary hero who inevitably ends up being the last, best hope for the good guys. I know at this point we've killed gods and saved the world a whole bunch of times but what I want is to be just a random mook who isn't particularly special but has been through a lot and, with the help of a lot of other random mooks, wants to help the actual legendary heroes get the job done. The rogue class hall campaign was my favourite because it puts you on the council of leaders for the Uncrowned but you're not High Stablord of Azeroth or anything like that. The other ones seem like these huge exercises in massaging the player's ego.
    Last edited by mmocd0aa9c1512; 2018-11-06 at 05:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Legion was a solid expansion. I don't put it in my A tier with Wrath and MoP, but I certainly was happy playing WoW then, and sad to see Legion go when I knew what we were about to get after playing BFA beta for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    WoD's looking like an oasis to me right now over this dumpster fire. So really, anything would look good compared to the state of BFA.
    I absolutely hated WoD and struggle to find any basis for this opinion other than just wanting to hate the current expansion. SELFIE patch says hello

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion was awful. It was the expansion that made me quit for good with no intention of ever coming back. Tell me more about how “fantastic” that expansion was, and how most of the people I know quit during it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I still think it's the worst.

I even prefer BfA over it (Though only slightly).

Quote Originally Posted by Voltsmasher View Post
    I absolutely hated WoD and struggle to find any basis for this opinion other than just wanting to hate the current expansion. SELFIE patch says hello
    It might surprise you but people on the internet have opinions which often disagree with the hive mind.

Here's my list of favorite expansions:

WoD > Cata > MoP > WotLK > BFA > Legion > TBC > Classic

I'm sorry in advance for any emotional turmoil my opinion causes you.

Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    Legion was awful. It was the expansion that made me quit for good with no intention of ever coming back. Tell me more about how “fantastic” that expansion was, and how most of the people I know quit during it.
    you have it directly compared to what is widely agreed to be the worst expansion in the game WoD.

Not to mention people love anything burning legion or Illidan. I personally found the broody rework of illidans anti hero arc irritating.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    It might surprise you but people on the internet have opinions which often disagree with the hive mind.

Here's my list of favorite expansions:

WoD > Cata > MoP > WotLK > BFA > Legion > TBC > Classic

I'm sorry in advance for any emotional turmoil my opinion causes you.
    Nah you can have your opinion just objectively based on amount of content I count WoD as lesser. Also I enjoyed cata as well.

Not sure why you were trying to get a rise out of me though

Deleted
    I only unsubbed 2 times, in WOD and Legion. Legion lore was nice, but the legiondaries making some specs bad untill BiS legendaries and the pvp talent system (to much farming to unlock all) ruined it for me.

Legion was full of great ideas implemented poorly.

It was the worst xpac for alts and off-spec, because of the grind for AP and legendaries. It was the worst for rerolls too, it was the worst if you were unlucky like me and you got your 2 best-in-slow legendaries LAST and spent half the xpac subbar because of it.

It got better once you had all your legendaries for your spec, but I had to reroll 2 times in this xpac and seriously what were they thinking. Every xpac since MOP they have introduced mechanics that make you miserable if you have to change class, in Legion they introduced one if you changed ROLE.