Poll: Do you mind the addition of Tradable Loot to the Classic game?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Poll: Tradeable loot, you down like a clown, Charlie B.. B.. Brown?

Very straightforward, we had a poll concerning sharding and how comfortable people were with it, let's now have a poll on how many are comfortable with tradable loot.

The discussion about the topic is taking place here, so this shouldn't be a particularly long thread, but it would be interesting to see how the community is split on this.

Ugh, I'm a tard and posted the question as a "Do you mind..." My bad, I won't make another poll for at least 3 months as punishment for my sins.

On that note if a mod could edit the poll question to just "Tradable loot, yes or no" I'd appreciate it so the answers aren't too muddled.
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2018-11-07 at 01:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

7+ Year Old Account
    Only person this hurts as far as the vanilla experience goes is the loot ninja. Players would do this all the time via GM ticket when the raid leader misclicked etc, so this is a sensible change.
    Still not tired of winning.

Didn't read the question well enough. Written like an amendment to a state constitution!

I answered yes, but really meant no, I don't mind. Yes, I am OK with it.

If possible I think it should only be available if the loot setting is master looter. In dungeons it's too easy to be a group of 4 and keep all the loot from the 5th. Even with bad rep it's 4v1.

Not that I'm against tradable loot for the right reasons but you guys are missing the negatives. When tradable loot was added to retail WoW one of the first things that started taking place was groups of people rolling need on items so they could trade it among their friends, or sell it at a ransom. No loot trading in Vanilla WoW, Blizzard can to deal with it the way they used to deal with it.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    I am absolutely against this. Simply because that's not how it worked back then. I said it a million times, if Classic is gonna be good, it needs to be pure, even with adding the bad things.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

15+ Year Old Account
    Whelp, I think we need to close this one since you botched the question and it contradicts your thread title lol

For the record, I'm 100% again loot trading in Vanilla for the same reasons Bigbazz mentioned. If they must add it, it should be restricted to raid groups using Master Loot.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    On that note if a mod could edit the poll question to just "Tradable loot, yes or no" I'd appreciate it so the answers aren't too muddled.
    But that question is the opposite of this one. If you do mind that they are adding it in, then you would say no tradable loot. If you don't mind then you would say Yes or "I don't care" for tradable loot

Apparently not a lot of people mind it, that's a positive for Blizzard GMs since it means a lot less work for them.

I saw a suggestion on the vanilla forums that I thought was nice. You only have the 2hour loot trade window if the item was distributed from master loot. This will help with things actually being miss looted and can't be abused in dungeons.
    Last edited by Volitar; 2018-11-07 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    If possible I think it should only be available if the loot setting is master looter. In dungeons it's too easy to be a group of 4 and keep all the loot from the 5th. Even with bad rep it's 4v1.
    Or the guy with the crown turns on ML and distributes loots as he sees fit, there's nothing that stopped you from doing that in Vanilla.

You have to deal with the fact that if the group is stacked against you, have no power to fight back, same was true in Vanilla, your only option is to leave the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I am absolutely against this. Simply because that's not how it worked back then. I said it a million times, if Classic is gonna be good, it needs to be pure, even with adding the bad things.
    The main reason is that Blizzard customer support would have to deal a lot more tickets.

I think the alternative isn't redistrubition via GM, it's "tough luck, mate".

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I think the alternative isn't redistrubition via GM, it's "tough luck, mate".
    Apparently the 2018 crowd is too thin skinned to accept that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    Only person this hurts as far as the vanilla experience goes is the loot ninja. Players would do this all the time via GM ticket when the raid leader misclicked etc, so this is a sensible change.
    Anyone Who Are not against this is pretty much just fking stupid or looking forward to ninjaing

No.. Its great for Ninjas what Are you talking about? Now they can still All pieces of loot and demand money for it. Also, it incentives Rolling on your friends loot to give them an extra roll.
    We humans have to stick together

10+ Year Old Account
    Any loot system they use is going to be subject to rampant abuse. The old loot system, premades could just kick pugs before the boss died to lock them out of loot rolls, or disregard ML/FFA loot rolls from anyone outside the guild. The trade window is open to abuse, sure, but again, so is the old system, and this system at least has the benefit of letting players fix user error on their own rather than clogging up the GM system with item-swap requests.

And with contained server societies/economies, people/guilds who abuse the loot-trading system can be called out and shunned same as a loot ninja under the old system.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

None of that is a problem in classic, people will behave; otherwise they will get blacklisted. A welcome change imo.
    Death to all undead rogues and mages!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    These are the kinds of changes I expected, it makes it easier for them to administer and I don't see a problem with it.
    /s

Tradeable loot means if i a join a premade group of 4 i'm fucked

10+ Year Old Account
    good addition, misstakes happened all the time and then you had to contact a gm, this just cancels out the middleman

the only people i can imagine bein against this change are the same idiots that spam this forum every day about bullshit purism

edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    nvm they are already here!

it already worked like this back them, but you had to write a ticket, wait for gm, waste customers support time for real problems, etc etc
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2018-11-08 at 12:33 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Set tradeable loot on only epic items. Problem solved?

The only argument against tradeable loot is that people could gang up on others by all pressing Need, but that's just ninja looting which is a separate issue. The way you combat gang ninja looting is to join a guild and play only with trusted players.