Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Anduin rallies people to his cause; Sylvanas pushes them away.

In the end, this will be her undoing.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea he totally rallies night elves to his cause in 8.1, tyrande basically tells him to F off.

The Night Elves seem to disagree. They're off to fight their own war, and the Worgen are joining them. For the first time ever, the Alliance is showing small signs of splintering.

Both cause strain in their respective faction.

Sylvanas has yet to have a whole race bail to do their own thing. Mostly because despite being a cartoon villain, her fellow leaders are spineless henchmen.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The fraying and growing political divides in both factions seems to be the developing leitmotif of BfA - even Anduin, long held and derided in some circles as the "Mary Sue" lawful good leader is facing growing friction and opposition in his own court. Sylvanas is facing a possible coup, and growing resistance from her fellow leaders as she tries to a fight a war that prioritizes victory over any other concern of her people.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

despite having many humans, with the recent wars the number of soldiers is very low, Anduin simply said that his army was already fragmented in two places
    and would need more time to help.
    Both Tyrand and Genn understand this, although they have not been happy

Even if the Alliance manages to stop Sylvanas, the casualties seem to be higher in Ally than in the horde (Ignoring Kul'tiras and Zandalari)

Humans are practically without soldiers, and the situation of the gnomes does not seem very good in the 8.1

also Varian's death did more damage to the alliance in BFA than Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Sylvanas has yet to have a whole race bail to do their own thing. Mostly because despite being a cartoon villain, her fellow leaders are spineless henchmen.
    There are Night Elves on Zandalar. For reasons. I don't get the timeline of events.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    There are Night Elves on Zandalar. For reasons. I don't get the timeline of events.
    You're not supposed to think about it too much. It's like how the Alliance is simultaneously winning and losing at some point in 8.1.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    The Night Elves seem to disagree. They're off to fight their own war, and the Worgen are joining them. For the first time ever, the Alliance is showing small signs of splintering.
    I'd rather have this as the direction of the story because the Alliance definitely needs more interesting drama among their ranks instead of "Let's just do whatever boyking Anduin wants" because the other races within the Alliance have other agendas as well.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    You're not supposed to think about it too much. It's like how the Alliance is simultaneously winning and losing at some point in 8.1.
    Those Night Elves in Zuldazar are there to spy on the Zandalari (as the Alliance World Quests suggest)
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This can happen in a war with multiple fronts, depending on the morale of the soldiers in the front you're dealing with. Zuldazar was a win for the Alliance, and it's proper that the Horde defenders there would feel a bit despondent over losing both Rastakhan and the Zandalari navy. On the other hand, it seems the war isn't going so great for the Alliance in the general sense - they're running out of professional soldiers and coming close to pulling in civilian reserves or even drafting the citizenry to fight.

The truth is that it's likely the war is going badly for both factions, explaining Genn's comments to Anduin and Sylvanas' use of brainwashed suicide Forsaken (e.g. Derek Proudmoore) as a tactic to somehow gain a decisive "win" for the Horde.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    This can happen in a war with multiple fronts, depending on the morale of the soldiers in the front you're dealing with. Zuldazar was a win for the Alliance, and it's proper that the Horde defenders there would feel a bit despondent over losing both Rastakhan and the Zandalari navy. On the other hand, it seems the war isn't going so great for the Alliance in the general sense - they're running out of professional soldiers and coming close to pulling in civilian reserves or even drafting the citizenry to fight.
    I think if you read the statements about "Alliance being weeks away from victory" as referring to naval dominance because of the victory at Zandalar instead of as referring to the entire war you solve a lot of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    Yea he totally rallies night elves to his cause in 8.1, tyrande basically tells him to F off.
    Well, of late, Tyrande '10 000 years of experience in leading armies' Whisperwind seems to channel her inner orc and makes important decisions out of emotional unrest instead of actually thinking about what needs doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I think if you read the statements about "Alliance being weeks away from victory" as referring to naval dominance because of the victory at Zandalar instead of as referring to the entire war you solve a lot of problems.
    This is pretty much how I read it - "victory" in this case being victory in the Zandalar front, not victory on every front in the war. From the other cinematics and cut-scenes it's shown to very obvious that fighting in Arathi and now Darkshore are still ongoing, and those are just the major fronts.

Sylvanas was finally successful is breaking the faith between the alliance members. The splinters will start to tear them apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Jademist View Post
    I'd rather have this as the direction of the story because the Alliance definitely needs more interesting drama among their ranks instead of "Let's just do whatever boyking Anduin wants" because the other races within the Alliance have other agendas as well.
    This.

Not only that, but having Anduin inherit the title "High King" is absurd. Varian had to earn that shit the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jademist View Post
    Oh, I wholeheartedly agree! This is far more interesting. (disclaimer: I am a Horde player though).

One can hope the Alliance and Horde splinter into two separate factions so we then have four factions.

Alliance:
    Stormwind Humans, Bronzebeard Dwarves, Dark Irons, Void Elves, Gnomes & Lightforged.

Wardens: Night Elves, Worgen, Kul'tirans & Draenei

Horde: Orcs, Darkspears, Mag'har, Tauren, Highmountain & Goblins.

Sylvanas' Horde: Undead, Blood Elves, Nightborne & Zandalari.

Yes that's what this slowly dwindling game needs, more division between players by creating four faction lines.