Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question The Next Loa of Kings: Shirvallah?

Hearthstone can, sometimes, give us hints about future lore. With the tiger god Shirvallah being revealed as the Paladin Loa for the upcoming Rastakhan's Rumble expansion I have to wonder if he's likely to fill the vacancy left behind by Rezan. Along with the Light, Paladin abilities have some strange reverent association with kings as well (Blessing of Kings/Guardian of Ancient Kings). Shirvallah hasn't really been mentioned since Zul Gurub. Kimbul is the tiger loa in Battle for Azeroth, but he looks exactly like Shirvallah (down to the scar on his right eye). Is Kimbul another name or aspect of Shirvallah, and might they fill the void Rezan left and allow Zandalari Prelates to wield the Holy Light again?

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

I don't know about Shirvallah being the Loa of Kings, but I can tell you that the trailer song is a headbanger.

Possibly, but Hearthstone also has it's own design team with their own level of creative control, hence the constant reminder that Hearthstone is "canon-within-canon" and not actual canon. It may be that a designer for Hearthstone thought Tigers and Paladins were a better fit than Dinosaurs. It could be that they had a particular fond spot for the ZG mount and they wanted to acknowledge it. Different tribes have different names for the same Loa and the Vol'jin book shows that there is also overlap and that the Loa don't shy away from toying with the different tribes in the greater goal of furthering Troll-kind. They'll play both sides like mischief-makers. They are chaotic by nature.

7+ Year Old Account
    Man I hope so, Shirvallah/Kimbul is (are both?) amazing, and I'd love to see a Zandalari Paladin tiger mount.

Wait a second. Rezan is fully dead? I thought they could come back?

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    It is insinuated his soul was used as a resource to bring back the king in Kings Rest. Thus consuming it.

Yazma also stated she permanently killed Shadra through her own ritual too.

I honestly believe they plopped Shirvallah as the Paladin Class Loa cause they're going to make Rezan's Loa card a Neutral Legendary, so they needed to fill the slot.

Or, you know, Vol'jin will become Loa of Kings.

No, Ragnaros Lightlord will be the next Loa of Kings.

Deleted
    His spirit should be in the Emerald Dream like the other wild gods.
    Anyways Rezan has many off springs so i can see the strongest take over.
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2018-11-04 at 03:22 PM.

I vote for another T-rex. Or at least another dinosaur. Seems more Zandalari.

The reality is that Zandalari paladins don't need a specific paladin loa. They suggested that the death of Rezan was the story reason for omitting Zandalari at launch & create some suspence whether or not they could be paladins any more, but that was actually ridiculous nonsense. Rezan died & the paladins are still paladins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I think Vol'jin is a shoe-in for that role, personally. Assuming he goes on to becoming a Loa (which does seem to be his current trajectory).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I've totally missed Kimbul model, but it's pretty clear he's the same than Shirvallah, and since we do know that the zandalari will be paladin, well it's pretty obvious that this guy is going to level up and take the spot of loa of kings.

- - - Updated - - -

I see more Voljin become the "Loa of the Horde" tbh.

I'm guessing it's going to be Dazar actually. He's still around and if Rezan was used to raise him, maybe he keeps some of Rezan's power.

Part of me wonders if they forgot Shirvallah existed when they made BFA and they're going back on it after Kimbul is already in the game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Vol'jin, my dude.

And, funny enough, the model they went with for Shirvallah in Hearthstone is that exactly of Kimbul... right down to the scar across the eye.
    Last edited by MechaCThun; 2018-11-04 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    Vol'jin, my dude.

And, funny enough, the model they went with for Shirvallah in Hearthstone is that exactly of Kimbul... right down to the scar across the eye.
    Its not the first time they use the wrong artwork look at Malygos for example. Malygos card artwork is actually Kalecgos.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I'm guessing it's going to be Dazar actually. He's still around and if Rezan was used to raise him, maybe he keeps some of Rezan's power.
    Huh. That just made me think, what if Rastakhan is actually the next loa of kings?

I imagine they are bringing him to King's Rest to bury him, and Dazar is a rotting corpse who didn't want to be reanimated. Perhaps he is going to use Rezan's power/soul to reanimate Rastakhan instead and go back to sleep himself. That would make for a really cool "Oh shit" moment when he appears ready to take revenge and break Bwonsamdi's hold over his bloodline.

Blizz said they could come back in a recent interview, yeah.