Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I think the real world does a good job on its own making people become disinterested in it.

Your shitty logic can apply to everything books,movies and video games. You know the game your avatar is based on.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually it is and that's how it works.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't want to discuss the details because your claims have no proof. Your pulling shit out of your ass just to make a bait thread cause that's all you seem to do.
    Madthad0890. The person wanted proof of the possibility of the lingering obscenity of anime causing people to harm others in reality, and this is one of the premiere examples and moderately known.

Let's also not forget 4chan as a site was founded and endures on the entire premise of this thread. Said site's enduring existence is a major reason I think law enforcement doesn't care much at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    both and worse in that it is known this shit causes a certain amount of people to become disinterested in the real world.
    The same claim could be said about any form of art, including many genres of books and even music. What you're saying is not far from "ban artwork".

I like how all the anime fans are flocking in here to defend their hobby with the most nonsensical arguments possible.

Go ahead, publish a comic where you explicitly mention your plans of killing the US president, where you shit talk the prophet at least 17 times on every single page, where you have every character rape and burn Jewish babies alive. See how far your 'BUT MAH FREEDOM OF SPEECHHH DUUUH' argument brings you then.

But animes where there's a bunch of 10 y/o lookin 11 y/o stick figures fuckin, that's totally kewl, because it's only fictional - just like my fictional book where I'm describing a society where certain events around 1945 never happened. It's only fictional, how could it harm anyone? Just let me write my fictional stories about fucking minors and slaughtering minorities while portraying both as something good and normal because that's just my way of expressing myself.
    Last edited by Gasparde; 2018-11-08 at 01:17 AM.

Alright calm down Joseph Stalin. Anime is some weird shit, but who am I to judge. Go to Japan and see how weird some of their shit is.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    But animes where there's a bunch of 10 y/o lookin 11 y/o stick figures fuckin, that's totally kewl
    I have a feeling that that's not anime

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    The same claim could be said about any form of art, including many genres of books and even music. What you're saying is not far from "ban artwork".
    Yeah man! These cartoons for perverts have gone on far too long!
    Time to go straight fahrenheit 451 on their asses

15+ Year Old Account
    I knew who the op was before I even clicked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    The first episode of Goblin Slayer would blow the OP's mind.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Same here, Tsugunai.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

"Why does murrca not police entertainment from a foreign country"

Really fuzzles the mindgrapes.

There's real kids out there who are being hurt everyday, and you're upset that a bunch of weebs are hugging pillows of fictional characters?

Also
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    what do you mean it didn't, I had to go through some unsanctioned shit to get a hold of the second game's remake and 4 recently because they were seemingly never brought over to NA.
    Look at you, doing some unsanctioned shit to get your hands on some japanese stuff that you're not supposed to have :O
    Last edited by MikeBogina; 2018-11-08 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The first episode of Goblin Slayer would blow the OP's mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    But animes where there's a bunch of 10 y/o lookin 11 y/o stick figures fuckin, that's totally kewl, because it's only fictional - just like my fictional book where I'm describing a society where certain events around 1945 never happened. It's only fictional, how could it harm anyone? Just let me write my fictional stories about fucking minors because that's just my way of expressing myself.
    It's just sexual bias, mostly. As soon as it's about sex in some way, it's suddenly dangerous. But all those movies, TV series, and video games where people are murdered and killed by the dozen nobody cares about in the slightest. You can literally show torture on prime time TV without batting an eye, but don't you DARE show a penis or the world will literally go up in flames.

The difference is also in what effect it has on people. Religious violence, for example, is very real, and the effects of inflammatory material - fictional or not - are often severe. The effect of lolicon anime/manga on actual sexual crime, meanwhile, is almost non-existent. And probably much less than the effect "mundane" violence in fiction (and non-fiction) has on violent crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Weren't those 4 all like 15ish? Also those goblins might only be a couple years old at most, so this is some really messed up stuff.

Would you prefer those ppl getting their fix in real life if they have those preferences? You can say its kinda like methadon for heroin junkies. With the difference those sick ppl cant be judged for being configured this way.

Anime is for basement dwellers and the police have no power in the realm of basements.

It's like that prostitute city in the movie Sin City. They make their own rules for their territory and agree not to travel outside and cause trouble for real children or gross out the public, and in turn, the police stay out of their basements and leave them to their business.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    You win the internet today, that got a laugh out of me.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Alright calm down Joseph Stalin. Anime is some weird shit, but who am I to judge. Go to Japan and see how weird some of their shit is.
    If we're legally importing and trading media from other countries, they should be held to the higher moral standard that the US prides itself on. It's why censorship exists.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Weren't those 4 all like 15ish? Also those goblins might only be a couple years old at most, so this is some really messed up stuff.
    I do believe they was.

.....its not real....