Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Navy act as pirates on the high seas.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46346367

Three tonnes of hashish - with a street value of millions of pounds - has been seized in the Gulf.

The Royal Navy warship HMS Dragon was on patrol in the Middle East, in a drug-smuggling route known as the "Hash Highway", when it came across the suspicious boat.

Sailors and Royal Marines boarded the vessel and found 148 bags of hashish hidden on board.

It's one of the Royal Navy's biggest drugs busts in the region this year.

The bags of drugs seized on the dhow, a type of vessel common in the Middle East, weighed 3,048kg.

The seizure, on Sunday, deals "a major blow to the funding of terrorism", the Ministry of Defence said.

The Hash Highway is the route that smugglers use to transport drugs from Afghanistan to east Africa and the Middle East. Profits are thought to fund criminal networks and terrorist groups.

Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said: "Alongside keeping key shipping channels safe, countering piracy and providing disaster relief, the Royal Navy makes a significant contribution to global security by tackling the illicit drugs trade.
    Remember to drink your alcohol and if you think about smoking a joint you're funding terrorism or maybe the CIA.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    Remember to drink your alcohol and if you think about smoking a joint you're funding terrorism or maybe the CIA.
    TIL that the British Royal Navy is funded by an American Governmental Organization.

10+ Year Old Account

ITT: One joint = 3048kg of weed.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    TIL that the British Royal Navy is funded by an American Governmental Organization.
    "The Dragons - all 260 of my crew, from the Royal Navy, Royal Marines, and US Coastguard - have done themselves and their families proud and I couldn't be more honoured to serve with them every day."
    Maybe you're right.

better funding terrorist than drink that poison

7+ Year Old Account
    Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me, obviously.

Deleted
    I see no issue there. Money from selling that weed does go to wahhabi scum. So it does pay for terrorism. Though its probably pennies compared to contributions from Saudi royalty.

If you want to buy weed, buy locally grown weed. Support local growers.

I don't think you know what the word pirate means, the BBC didn't use the word pirate.

The Brits sure have cool names for their ships. We (the US) used to, now it's all about the dead dudes. I want to see a USS Fuckbringer or something.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

I don't think enforcing the law counts as piracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    I don't think enforcing the law counts as piracy.
    Wouldn't detaining and boarding ships in international waters be considered piracy?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Wouldn't detaining and boarding ships in international waters be considered piracy?
    Is being arrested by the police considered kidnapping?

Weed is legal in canada, the only terrorism im funding is trudeaus mr dress up adventures, he still thinks hes a drama teacher

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    The Brits sure have cool names for their ships. We (the US) used to, now it's all about the dead dudes. I want to see a USS Fuckbringer or something.
    The US still uses historic ship names, significant battles, cities, states, and weather for names as well.
    Last edited by Kellhound; 2018-11-27 at 04:04 AM.

Deleted
    It's one of the new Type 45 Daring class Destroyers, there are 6 all with D names, HMS Daring, HMS Dauntless, HMS Diamond, HMS Dragon, HMS Defender and HMS Duncan.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Is being arrested by the police considered kidnapping?
    nowadays it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Depends on the circumstances.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    It's one of the new Type 45 Daring class Destroyers, there are 6 all with D names, HMS Daring, HMS Dauntless, HMS Diamond, HMS Dragon, HMS Defender and HMS Duncan.
    I liked HMS Battleaxe and HMS Broadsword.

7+ Year Old Account
    Here are a few active warships with decent names:

USS Devastator
    USS Dextrous
    USS Firebolt
    USS Gladiator
    USS Hurricane
    USS Monsoon
    USS Tornado
    USS Typhoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    You forgot Seawolf, the last of the properly named submarines.