Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Commander Bone Spurs Picks Fight W/ Retired Military Commander

Things go as expected...

Why does the President hate the military?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...Ui8?li=BBnb7Kz

Retired Adm. William McRaven on Sunday stood by his previous statement that President Donald Trump's attacks on the news media represent "the greatest threat to democracy" after the President dismissed him as a "Hillary Clinton backer" in an interview that aired on Fox News.

"I did not back Hillary Clinton or anyone else," McRaven, who oversaw the operation that killed Osama bin Laden, told CNN. "I am a fan of President Obama and President George W. Bush, both of whom I worked for. I admire all presidents, regardless of their political party, who uphold the dignity of the office and who use that office to bring the nation together in challenging times."

"I stand by my comment that the President's attack on the media is the greatest threat to our democracy in my lifetime," McRaven said, referencing remarks he made about Trump last year. "When you undermine the people's right to a free press and freedom of speech and expression, then you threaten the Constitution and all for which it stands."

McRaven's comment came just hours after "Fox News Sunday" aired an interview with Trump in which the President dismissed McRaven and criticized the military for having not killed bin Laden sooner.

Trump made the remarks during a tense exchange with Fox News' Chris Wallace after the host brought up McRaven, a vocal Trump critic who led the bin Laden operation in 2011 during former President Barack Obama's administration.

"Bill McRaven, retired admiral, Navy SEAL, 37 years, former head of US Special Operations..." Wallace started.

"Hillary Clinton fan," Trump said, cutting off Wallace.

"Special Operations ..." Wallace continued.

"Excuse me, Hillary Clinton fan," Trump said.

"Who led the operations," Wallace added, "commanded the operations that took down Saddam Hussein and that killed Osama bin Laden, says that your sentiment is the greatest threat to democracy in his lifetime."

"OK, he's a Hilary Clinton backer and an Obama-backer, and frankly ... wouldn't it have been nice if we got Osama bin Laden a lot sooner than that? Wouldn't it have been nice? You know, living -- think of this -- living in Pakistan, beautifully in Pakistan."

After Wallace asked if the President would give McRaven any credit for taking down bin Laden, Trump said "they took him down" but quickly shifted to talking about US aid to Pakistan, where bin Laden was killed.

In August, McRaven issued a stunning rebuke of Trump in an op-ed published in the Washington Post, writing that through his actions, Trump has "embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation."

I know a lot of military people loathed Clinton more, or placed their trust in Mattis to keep Trump grounded, but it's still disappointing how many of them support the doofus.

Actually, not support...but like. How many of them actually like the doofus.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2018-11-19 at 12:07 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    He hates the military so much that he's creating an entirely new branch of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    You go ahead and hold your breath until that happens.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    No thanx fren

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Well. If he ever does, you can sure bet there'd be some beautiful people in it.

The "Space Force" was one of those things that someone causlly mentioned to Trump that it would be a good idea, and he grabbed at it like a toddler reaching for shiny objects. Eventually someone else with a shiny object walks by and Trump forgets all about the first shiny object.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    The "Space Force" was one of those things that someone causlly mentioned to Trump that it would be a good idea, and he grabbed at it like a toddler reaching for shiny objects. Eventually someone else with a shiny object walks by and Trump forgets all about the first shiny object.
    Yeah sort of like his idea of raking the forests to prevent forest fires that he said Finlands President told him they do when what he told him was that they maintain their forests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well to be fair, he really is a fan of Hillary Clinton:

Putin khuliyo

He hates the military so much, he...

Received 5 deferments for Vietnam

Attacked a former POW and vet John McCain and then didn't lower flag.

Attacked a Gold Star family

Has yet to visit soldiers in Afghanistan

Didn't visit Arlington Cemetery past 2 years for Veterans Day.

Didn't want votes counted in past election for military personnel.

Canceled a ceremony to honor WWI troops in France

Sent soldiers to the United States border for political points.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post

Wants a military parade. Not for the military, but for himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Wants a military parade. Not for the military, but for himself.
    Someone should tell him how well that went for Anwar Sadat. Or not.
    Impeach the MF.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you think that's going to happen, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.
    Putin khuliyo

A branch nobody in the Military wants (yet). Space Force is an idea whose time may come in another 20 years. But all it's doing now is creating a new Branch of the Military far smaller than the Coast Guard by moving one Air Force Command to its own branch, and integrating several other commands from the other branches.

Space Force is a legitimate long term policy idea that Cadet Bone Spurs turned into a marketing gimmick.

These are all logo proposals on the Trump Re-election website. Because thats how the US Military does things. Puts logos up for popular vote on a Presidential Candidates website.

Oh by the way, that last one on the bottom right?

This is the NASA logo.

These people are actually idiots.

The good news is the Pentagon plan seems to be to drag this thing out as long as possible with studies and throwing our idiot in chief a bone every few months, until he is gone and the idea goes away for 20 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post

You forgot insinuated that a Gold Star Widow was lying about the content of his call to her (referring to the Serviceman killed in Africa last year).

I miss having a President who supported our Troops, rather than just viewed them as props.

Anyway, Cadet Bonespurs really should keep it up. McRaven is an extremely popular figure in the defense establishment. Hell he might even be National Security Adviser one day. This is really going to keep up his already hysterically low popularity with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    A branch nobody in the Military wants (yet). Space Force is an idea whose time may come in another 20 years. But all it's doing now is creating a new Branch of the Military far smaller than the Coast Guard by moving one Air Force Command to its own branch, and integrating several other commands from the other branches.

Space Force is a legitimate long term policy idea that Cadet Bone Spurs turned into a marketing gimmick.

These are all logo proposals on the Trump Re-election website. Because thats how the US Military does things. Puts logos up for popular vote on a Presidential Candidates website.

Oh by the way, that last one on the bottom right?

This is the NASA logo.

These people are actually idiots.

The good news is the Pentagon plan seems to be to drag this thing out as long as possible with studies and throwing our idiot in chief a bone every few months, until he is gone and the idea goes away for 20 years.

- - - Updated - - -

You forgot insinuated that a Gold Star Widow was lying about the content of his call to her (referring to the Serviceman killed in Africa last year).

I miss having a President who supported our Troops, rather than just viewed them as props.

Anyway, Cadet Bonespurs really should keep it up. McRaven is an extremely popular figure in the defense establishment. Hell he might even be National Security Adviser one day. This is really going to keep up his already hysterically low popularity with them.
    Yeah we sort of need not only the equipment but enough units to actually be it's own branch of the military rather than just being part of either the Navy or Air Force and yeah we will need a space force eventually but until we actually find aliens at least at our tech level or start spreading out in space beyond our solar system I really don't think we need a space force.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    Yeah we sort of need not only the equipment but enough units to actually be it's own branch of the military rather than just being part of either the Navy or Air Force and yeah we will need a space force eventually but until we actually find aliens at least at our tech level or start spreading out in space beyond our solar system I really don't think we need a space force.
    And that strikes at the heart of the issue.

When you hear Space Force, you think "Battlestar Galactica" or "Star Destroyers".

In reality, it's essentially military satellite procurement and management reform / reorganization, with space-based satellite weapons meant to strike other satellites coming one day. There is no manned space vehicles, much less "Mars" remotely in the vision of it.

In fact, critical parts of the US Space-based defense infrastructure wouldn't be consolidated into it, such as the Navy's network of satellites meant to communicate with our Ohio-class Ballistic Missile Submarines, or the National Reconnaissance Office, a civilian agency which designs, builds and operates most of our spy satellites.

You forgot the best logo.

Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Space Force always reminds me of Space Olympics.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/r...litical-figure

And the GOP is going in on the "McRaven is a Hillary shill!" apparently because his name was on a list of VP candidates for Hillary.

Respect our troops*

*Except when they're revered generals who voice criticism of the Republican president, then fuck those liberal losers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/r...litical-figure

And the GOP is going in on the "McRaven is a Hillary shill!" apparently because his name was on a list of VP candidates for Hillary.

Respect our troops*

*Except when they're revered generals who voice criticism of the Republican president, then fuck those liberal losers
    Yet another symptom of fascism is a fascination with purity among party members. Purity of ideology and association. All must conform with the party line. Any association with the enemy is treason.

Therefore McRaven is a traitor, for being on Hillary's VP short list.

But they're not fascists.
    Putin khuliyo