Poll: The real game starts...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenging Wrath View Post
    40-60 hours to memorize a joypad rotation and the use of tab? thats not a "big training montage", but an insult to IQ-average.

i want to remember WoW being an epic odysee, but it always was just a grind to endgame. cuz mob- and questdesign (textboxes) have already been out of date at Vanilla release. i remember playing Vampire 2 and Neocron BDOY Evo2.2 instead...
    You might think they are out of date, but it is just a choice in design. A design that many people feel comfortable with and which seem to have transitioned quite well in my opinion. The design of the quest UI is proberly one of the last things making people quit WoW.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    You literally get a boost handed to you when you buy the game. Level 1-109 is legacy content.
    And you literally use that boost to skip a large part of the game, because the game actually starts at 1.
    Even if someone entirely new does use the boost, by their own accord or through being convinced by friends, they'll eventually experience the 1-Max level journey if they keep playing. I for one would not trade my first experiences in the game at the start of level 1 for anything.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-11-08 at 05:41 PM.

Whatever personally interests me alone is the REAL game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Yes, there are. If there isn't any, then you must be running around with your eyes planted in the ground. I did 2 levels on my Mag'har Orc last night at 3:AM and there was still competition for quest items.
    If mobs are "hard to kill" seems like a rather irrelevant way to move the goalposts for what the game offers.
    I made 2 level 20's Hordes to do low level PvP in Duskwood.
    A roleplay of sorts to remember old times. A big nostalgia thingy roleplay.

Everyday i would login to see if there were people in Duskwood leveling.
    I only found 2 persons.
    I did this for at least one week.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I made 2 level 20's Hordes to do low level PvP in Duskwood.
    A roleplay of sorts to remember old times. A big nostalgia thingy roleplay.

Everyday i would login to see if there were people in Duskwood leveling.
    I only found 2 persons.
    I did this for at least one week.
    Sucks for you I guess.

That's just the people seen from the server of my character, not counting cross-realm, so...

Max level.

As much as i enjoy the current classes, they don't start working until you finish Wotlk Leveling and still, you need the lvl 90 and 100 talents since those two make a difference to how to play said class or spec.

and the road to 120 or the current expansion maxlevel is just mindless level acumulation, with nothing you do really mattering in the long run.Unless you're chasing transmogs, even then, you would be able to run the content much faster if you were max level.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Akibaboy View Post
    Whatever personally interests me alone is the REAL game.
    Pretty much.

People sure are arrogant to believe that their jaded attitudes as veteran players somehow applies to everyone. Hell, there are veteran players doing nothing but leveling in this game.

Short of moving the goalposts to encompass boosts and veterans knowing about the deeper workings of the game (class design, endgame etc), the game starts at level 1. I for one would gladly do it again if I could feel the same way as I did then.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    It doesnt.

The endgame is for me the real game. Leveling is the (hopefully enjoyable) journey to get there. Basically a very big hook for the juicy meat. Hopefully.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Raiding is the end goal, if you skip everything in order to do this what is the point?

Is like having a orgasm before even starting sex.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    the game starts at level 1 because if the leveling doesn't catch your interest you won't stay long enough to reach level cap/end game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Max level defenitly. Leveling, questing etc is just time (wasted time one could argue) to get to max, where the game begins for me.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

I enjoy leveling from scratch. Whether it's to try out a class I never tried or a race I usually don't pick. Also leveling from 1 helps me get accustomed to the classes mechanics over time. It's also why I dread expansion class overhauls.

There was a time when the game was about the journey and not the destination. This hasn't been the case for the past 10 years or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game starts at level 1. Or at least it was so untill leveling was revamped multiple times. It actually did until cata-mop times really.
    When I hit the max level, grind all the repos, complete all quests and beat the 5 ppl content on normal/hc the expansion is done for me.
    I may still visit LFR once-twice for the sake of the storyline completion and that's it.

Currently i do some unrated pvp from time to time, but i'm bad at it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Pretty much.

People sure are arrogant to believe that their jaded attitudes as veteran players somehow applies to everyone. Hell, there are veteran players doing nothing but leveling in this game.

Short of moving the goalposts to encompass boosts and veterans knowing about the deeper workings of the game (class design, endgame etc), the game starts at level 1. I for one would gladly do it again if I could feel the same way as I did then.
    no way it feels the same as before as the world is empty.

I dont know what server you are in. But the ones i choose have an empty world.
    Maybe ill find 1...maybe 2 people if im lucky.
    Not the same thing.

at level 1 for me

at max level a lot of people tend to stand around, or mindlessly farm items, which is more just time wasting / waiting for 4-5 days a week, when they do content 2-3 days a week

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    When boosts exist and you get one for free for each new xpac, how can this even be a question?
    Well about 50% of the people here find that the real game begins at endgame, so it's actually a good idea to give people the choice to create a new character on levelcap. The other 50% feel different, they have the choice to not use the boost.

Basically everyone should be happy...

...problem is: imho leveling still isn't where it should be. I think there is a lot of room to make leveling feel more like a journey again. Blizzard implemented heirlooms for veteran players who want to level fast, so I don't quite get why they don't use it properly and leave the leveling without heirlooms feel more natural (slower - at least in some expansions) again.

Why am I saying this? Currently when you level (for example) MoP, you see only a small piece of content until you outlevel the expansion. Sure, you have the option to stop xp gain, but it just doesn't feel natural this way. If they would buff heirlooms but nerve normal leveling xp, new players would learn to know all of the old content while veteran players who already know everything could skip most parts. With the free boost everyone has the chance to get heirlooms and therefore an easy way to skip content if he chose to.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    the game starts at level 1 because if the leveling doesn't catch your interest you won't stay long enough to reach level cap/end game.
    that's what the free boost if for

All who voted for "endgame" are everything wrong with the game, they limit the entire world's content to the maximum level and what you can do then, forgetting all the things that happen before.