Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid Lord View Post
    Thank you, but I personally think %EXP gain difference between players should be the main focus. Reducing the difference %EXP of a new player and a player decked out in Heirloom would allow the Developers to create a nice flow for all players and not have to worry too much about exp gain depending on how much % exp bonus a player has NOW... I think a new players should work a but harder to obtain that %EXP like by crafting and gathering or buying buffs off the AH while people with Heirloom shouldn't have to worry about that since they already paid a lot of money to have those buffs on their heirlooms.

This would create a nice flow in exp gain but new players would have to go out of their way to gain these %EXP while the Veteran players already have it and would save a huge amount of time leveling because they didn't have to deal with the different ways of gaining %EXP while still have their gear upgrade, smooth leveling and get to keep all their well earned heirlooms.

That being said I don't agree with more EXP bonus because you finished an expansion's zones; this would make the player doing the leveling again to have to go to the same zone because of efficiency ALSO that huge %EXP bonus would knock the balance off the flow I'd like to see.
    By moving all the %exp gains to crafted gear and allowing profession skill levels to grant exp, you are creating incentives for players to craft gear, post on AH and allow the market to dictate the price of gear. since it would be an efficient way to level players would do this and post their crafted gear on the AH which would increase the supply. Allow gems to grant %exp and professions to allow socketing of particular slots. Items could be upgraded with crafted gear similar to upgrading heirlooms now. It doesn't really punish players that have heirlooms that much because those players could easily just buy all the gear/mats straight away and get going. This also engergises the economy and market for lower level materials and stabilises the economy

As for granting exp boots for finishing expansions, this could apply to each chapter of a zones story/achievement to allow it to flow nicely. Offer zone buffs which creates incentives to stay in zones and improves the flow of levelling. E.G you want to stay in Hellfire Peninsula because you just completed a part of the story achievement and that would grant a damage/stam/xp buff for an hour or so while in HFP.

Deleted
    Once you have levelled a character, they give you a choice to skip levelling from 1-110 (for the current expansion) and instead focus on challenging and enjoyable tutorials for your class (110-120). Paid boosts to 110 however would certainly stop part of this idea from ever happening.
    Last edited by mmoc7f933b7749; 2018-11-09 at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    By moving all the %exp gains to crafted gear and allowing profession skill levels to grant exp, you are creating incentives for players to craft gear, post on AH and allow the market to dictate the price of gear. since it would be an efficient way to level players would do this and post their crafted gear on the AH which would increase the supply. Allow gems to grant %exp and professions to allow socketing of particular slots. Items could be upgraded with crafted gear similar to upgrading heirlooms now. It doesn't really punish players that have heirlooms that much because those players could easily just buy all the gear/mats straight away and get going. This also engergises the economy and market for lower level materials and stabilises the economy

As for granting exp boots for finishing expansions, this could apply to each chapter of a zones story/achievement to allow it to flow nicely. Offer zone buffs which creates incentives to stay in zones and improves the flow of levelling. E.G you want to stay in Hellfire Peninsula because you just completed a part of the story achievement and that would grant a damage/stam/xp buff for an hour or so while in HFP.
    Ah I misunderstood, so if you finish more quest in a zone the more exp bonus you get from the remaining quests in that zone. it's a bit snowbally but I think that's the point.
    I really do like this idea to keep a player in the same zone but I do have an issue with it. some zones have significantly more quests than some other zones, this would create optimal zones to go level in just by the sheer # quests in that zone and the snowball effect. I think this would ultimately take away choices as zones with less quests will be deemed the "wrong zones" to level in.

on the Profession side, I'd 100% agree as long as there is cap on exp% and you can't go above it even if you have more gear with %exp on them and the cap is the max amount of exp% Heirlooms can grant currently so the veteran player with all the heirlooms can skip the %EXP farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid Lord View Post
    Ah I misunderstood, so if you finish more quest in a zone the more exp bonus you get from the remaining quests in that zone. it's a bit snowbally but I think that's the point.
    I really do like this idea to keep a player in the same zone but I do have an issue with it. some zones have significantly more quests than some other zones, this would create optimal zones to go level in just by the sheer # quests in that zone and the snowball effect. I think this would ultimately take away choices as zones with less quests will be deemed the "wrong zones" to level in.

on the Profession side, I'd 100% agree as long as there is cap on exp% and you can't go above it even if you have more gear with %exp on them and the cap is the max amount of exp% Heirlooms can grant currently so the veteran player with all the heirlooms can skip the %EXP farm.
    Zones that are a little less efficient currently (fewer quests, flying required etc) could have a greater bonus to the rewards granted from completing quests there so that zones like Storm Peaks are competitive with zones like Scholozar Basin (as an example) or NPCs could sell zone specific items to assist - adds some flavour. Yes it is snowbally but that is the point, so it encourages you to stay there and turns out being more efficient.

The professions would be up to the current cap we have but could offer less % on each piece to incentivize crafting more gear and mixing pieces (say 5% on each piece up to 25%)

5+ Year Old Account
    So much time and gold/badges have been sunk into buying and upgrading heirlooms for so long that I wouldn't love to see them disappear completely. Having them be in the best green-blue stat value for your level is a nice perk to still have even if the exp was to be nerfed (to complement a leveling revamp. Though they wouldn't be usable straight off the bat.)

I would love a clean slate after one expac, where we find ourselves back at level 50 or 60. This will be the product of a revamped azeroth as well as the new expansion content (if it doesn't involve azeroth.) Players have the option after level 10 to flashback live through important events of the world's past (and people can choose to go through whichever expac past expac content they choose to.) This poses many questions though, like is it going to be weird to see level 20s running around in a combo of mop/wotlk gear, and the level cap for old raids/dungeons would be super out of whack, lower levels would be extremely weird as well as well with all the squishes.
    I dont know about tech limitations, but maybe they could do it ala legacy, where at lvl 30 you are technically level 80, and you unlock the wotlk legacy raids etc, and when you zone in you are bumped to lvl 80 ala timewalking tech. I'm sure there are a tonne of problems that come with such a system. Or have the new expac start everyone at 1, utilizing all the effort of the revamp and mixing in old players with new.

As long as the rewards of leveling are more condensed, such as talents being seen more often, longevity of leveling taking less time, and a level cap that isnt bloated past 100.

Quote Originally Posted by digichi View Post
    So much time and gold/badges have been sunk into buying and upgrading heirlooms for so long that I wouldn't love to see them disappear completely. Having them be in the best green-blue stat value for your level is a nice perk to still have even if the exp was to be nerfed (to complement a leveling revamp. Though they wouldn't be usable straight off the bat.)

I would love a clean slate after one expac, where we find ourselves back at level 50 or 60. This will be the product of a revamped azeroth as well as the new expansion content (if it doesn't involve azeroth.) Players have the option after level 10 to flashback live through important events of the world's past (and people can choose to go through whichever expac past expac content they choose to.) This poses many questions though, like is it going to be weird to see level 20s running around in a combo of mop/wotlk gear, and the level cap for old raids/dungeons would be super out of whack, lower levels would be extremely weird as well as well with all the squishes.
    I dont know about tech limitations, but maybe they could do it ala legacy, where at lvl 30 you are technically level 80, and you unlock the wotlk legacy raids etc, and when you zone in you are bumped to lvl 80 ala timewalking tech. I'm sure there are a tonne of problems that come with such a system. Or have the new expac start everyone at 1, utilizing all the effort of the revamp and mixing in old players with new.

As long as the rewards of leveling are more condensed, such as talents being seen more often, longevity of leveling taking less time, and a level cap that isnt bloated past 100.
    I am very much against level squish, It would feel like we are erasing the past, I think this can only be done if they introduced a WoW 2 since the only time it even remotely worked was in FFXIV and Dofus in both case they made a completely new MMO based on the same world and they were fundamentally completely different MMOs even in those cases the game one case completely retired (FFXIV) and Dofus going into Wakfu was so awful that Dofus (the older game) has more players now. I would also put Runescape in there but in that case it was a return to the old playstyle which is much more similar to Vanilla wow.

I still think my solution of an Evergreen 1-60 leveling experience, skipping the rest(with cut scenes) to the current expansion level is a solid solution just to maintain the levels but still provide a solid Leveling experience.

forgive my bad analogy but People see this turd on the sidewalk and either try to rush past it or just want it removed when it can be used as a fertilizer to plant a beautiful tree.

Leveling can be both fun and engaging AND relevant if only more dev time was put into it and was tested like dungeons and raids are tested on PTR and I promise you if leveling gets the time it deserves, Devs will gain more knowledge about the outdoor activities so the outdoor content of a new expansion is not as barren as it is now in BFA...
    Last edited by Sid Lord; 2018-11-09 at 04:45 PM.