Deleted

PTR 8.1 : Martyr's breath (Azerite) removed?

Hello.

I just log into the PTR and i got the (terrible) surprise to see that the azerite trait "Martyr's breath" (Light of the martyr making sacrifice do some heals) is gone. I never saw that in any patch note or anything, or did i miss something?
    This trait is really nice for PvP and the recent overnerf for our 2 sacrifice will only make it worse.
    Last edited by mmoc2e63c0190a; 2018-11-08 at 08:37 PM.

Overnerf? Holy paladins are the most obnoxious thing to play against in both arena and RBGS because of all the immunities.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Deleted
    Yes. Because of the immunities (So the Ultimate sacrifice talent), not the 2 charges.
    Removing one charge of sacrifice knowing the spec is build around that is the equivalent of frost mages not having 2 blocks.

But still, doesn't answer my original question.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Overnerf? Holy paladins are the most obnoxious thing to play against in both arena and RBGS because of all the immunities.
    That's kind of the thing though.. Hpaladins are a cooldown healer, we're tuned to work around our cooldowns in PvP. Without cooldowns, a hpaladin is the worst healer.. Removing 1 Sacrifice (while I don't really mind it, since I dislike the 100% sacri myself) is a huge nerf.. Which would need to be compensated on raw healing throughput imo.

I wish they'd bump up healing numbers outside of cooldowns, nerf all cooldowns slightly, remove Ultimate Sacrifice Talent and let Blessed hand still give 2 sacrifices.. Which is kind of the way it was before Ultimate Sacrifice...

Then sacrifice would again be a rather minor defensive cooldown, kind of like, I dunno, iron bark? With a CC-break (Think shadowword Death) built in.. Still leaving the option to use it for pure damage reduction or to avoid cc..

On Topic: I have no idea regarding the Martyr's Breath on PTR, if it truly is removed, what replaces it in pieces that currently have it? Or is it just not on the new gear?

More obnoxious that resto dudu's? nah those bstards keep on running like it's the end of the world, same goes for monks imo and i don't want to start talking about disc priests... easier healer to beat in my opinion is holy pala.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimjim View Post
    Hello.

I just log into the PTR and i got the (terrible) surprise to see that the azerite trait "Martyr's breath" (Light of the martyr making sacrifice do some heals) is gone. I never saw that in any patch note or anything, or did i miss something?
    This trait is really nice for PvP and the recent overnerf for our 2 sacrifice will only make it worse.
    Blizzard has mentioned that they would rework some traits and in some cases retire some of the weaker ones in order to add something new and better. Martyr's Breath was most likely on the chopping block. I don't believe they have mentioned it anywhere in the patch notes, but if it's a recent change it might not have been documented yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimjim View Post
    Hello.

as replyed to you on Reddit, we had a decent mechaninc ( pvp side ) outside of "just stack crit", with mastery/Martyr's Breath Build.
    No more its seems

This one seems bringing some new output on the table: https://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=287268/glimmer-of-light

Hopefully they will able to fix out numbers/secondary stat scaling.

I don't wanna make this post a "Blessig of Sacrifice nerf whine" but we should speak alot about it .
    Last edited by Juther; 2018-11-09 at 09:22 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    Blizzard has mentioned that they would rework some traits and in some cases retire some of the weaker ones in order to add something new and better. Martyr's Breath was most likely on the chopping block. I don't believe they have mentioned it anywhere in the patch notes, but if it's a recent change it might not have been documented yet.
    (All my opinions are purely PvP.)

Hum, ok. That's unfortunate because in my opinion, this trait is way more interesting than the next one which replaces it (Glimmer of light, indeed). It's of course quite useless in PvE, but for PvP, it's one of the fews traits we have which change the way to use of one spell. With that, i use sacrifice primary as a healing tool, and not a damage reduction one. And considering the heal itself is transfered on beacon, you can make some good use of it. Especially with a full mastery build.
    Countless time i could save myself by sacrifying my mate, and getting heal for it. At the cost of one sac fully build.

Glimmer of Light could be good, but it's only a "Bonus heal after pressing the same button".

The only other trait that i really like is the one which increase the Light of Dawn range, making the spell attractive in PvP.

All the other "holy" traits are really poor, and barely interesting.
    The flash of light on beacon has a ridiculous and unnoticable amount.
    The (8.1 buffed) one with Infusion of Light requiere rng.
    The holy shock one is RNG.
    The wings one is... ok, but for one CD. And it makes wings even more powerful. And it's powerful enough.
    (And i really hope this particular trait got nerfed, because ret paladins can do some 100-0 in 2-3 globals while on wings. And all magical damage)

That's kind of the thing though.. Hpaladins are a cooldown healer, we're tuned to work around our cooldowns in PvP. Without cooldowns, a hpaladin is the worst healer.. Removing 1 Sacrifice (while I don't really mind it, since I dislike the 100% sacri myself) is a huge nerf.. Which would need to be compensated on raw healing throughput imo.
    I wouldn't mind the removal of one sacrifice if this spell wasn't so important (With 2 charges) in the whole paladin design for PvP. If sacrifice was just a tiny defensive cooldown to reduce pressure.
    Unfortunately, as long as we keep the Beacon of Light mechanic for PvP with no way to increase our single target casted heals (The reason we have low heal is because 40% of it is transfered, making "more" heal in the end, but less on the target), we are gonna be reduced to a supermarket of cooldowns. With one less aisle in 8.1.

Right now, i can understand the frustration to face hpal, especially with a rogue/mage - making the hpal cooldown extremely efficient - but for facing lots of them, and by playing one myself at high rating, the strategy is extremely simple (In theory), you see one cooldown? Run, kite, and go again when it ends.
    It's not rare to kill a hpal mate because even without cc, he can't keep up because of how low and rng the healing spells are.
    Last edited by mmoc2e63c0190a; 2018-11-09 at 05:40 PM.