Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinky View Post
    Diablo Immortal is going to make them a boat load of money. No idea why people think its a bad business decision to release the Diablo mobile game. What was a bad business decision was not announcing any Diablo pc content.
    who the hell said it was a bad business decision? mobile games are shitty for gamers but good for devs and publishers.

blizz used to be quality over quantity. now they're quantity over quality and everyone predicted it back when activision purchased vivendi 10 years ago.

"fan's reactions at BlizzCon confirmed Diablo Immortal will be well received by players around the world." Thats not even spin. Thats straight up horseshit.

Deleted
    "Fan reaction was muted, but fan's reactions at BlizzCon confirmed Diablo Immortal will be well received by players around the world."

Sorry, what? Am I having a stroke here?

"fan's reactions at BlizzCon confirmed Diablo Immortal will be well received by players around the world."

What? You mean downvoting the announcement trailer into oblivion, non-existent lines to play the game, and being literally booed on stage is a good reaction from fans?

Yeah, these current developers need to go fuck off.

Deleted
    The team is only going to release when Diablo Immortal meets the community's high standards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    And is anyone shocked about mobile ? Activision Blizzard bought King Digital entertainment in 2015. For 5.9 Billion USD. Didn't see this drama back then
    forum logic here would preclude folks reacting to this, because forum logic is that none of the 3 major subsidiary divisions of a/b are in any way accountable to a/b exec mgmt team. on MMO-C, such talk is considered conspiracy theory. I think the point of all this is to protect the belief that atvi exec team never ever has had the slightest influence on blizzard in any way (even though this might actually be illegal if true, fiduciary responsibilities and all that).

forum logic does not discuss how the 4? billion in debt taken on from buying out vivendi was paid back by these independent divisions, or how the 5? billion in new debt from the King acq. is being paid back.

my general take is kotick & team are there to order office supplies, run the fedex.com account, etc.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    "fan's reactions at BlizzCon confirmed Diablo Immortal will be well received by players around the world."

What? You mean downvoting the announcement trailer into oblivion, non-existent lines to play the game, and being literally booed on stage is a good reaction from fans?

Funny how blizz said they got really good reception from all the people who played it at the floor, but diablo youtubers who was there in person confirmed the floor for the diablo immortal section was completly empty and even the diablo 3 switch section had more people there.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Funny how blizz said they got really good reception from all the people who played it at the floor, but diablo youtubers who was there in person confirmed the floor for the diablo immortal section was completly empty and even the diablo 3 switch section had more people there.
    Lying to investors is illegal isn't it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Yeah not saying names but saw the pictures etc theres lots of space to sit etc...

10+ Year Old Account
    lying is. this specific area is a matter of opinion, however. if they said x players tried it when the real number was very, very different, that might be an issue, but saying it was well-received is subjective, and can mean pretty much whatever they want.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

I really wonder if it is even legal for them to bullshit about Diablo Immortal on the level they did, lol. Blizzard's stock is getting crushed atm though so I don't think investors bought that questionably legal bullshit.

"Fan reaction was muted, but fan's reactions at BlizzCon confirmed Diablo Immortal will be well received by players around the world" I HAVE NEVER LAUGHED SO HARD LMFAO. Delusional.

Fan reaction was muted, but fan's reactions at BlizzCon confirmed Diablo Immortal will be well received by players around the world.

Figures. They will probably call the downvotes on the youtube videos and the negative fan reactions, fake news.

Well I guess if only 3 people tried it out and they all liked it, they aint lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanya View Post
    "Fan reaction was muted, but fan's reactions at BlizzCon confirmed Diablo Immortal will be well received by players around the world."

Sorry, what? Am I having a stroke here?
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    "fan's reactions at BlizzCon confirmed Diablo Immortal will be well received by players around the world." Thats not even spin. Thats straight up horseshit.
    They're talking about people who actually played the game, not the angry folks having a knee-jerk reaction and venting their frustrations by clicking arrows on YouTube.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    Figures. They will probably call the downvotes on the youtube videos and the negative fan reactions, fake news.
    Nah, whenever fans throw a hissy fit like this Blizz just take it as a good sign that they are so passionate then go back to the business of making fun games that make hundreds of millions in profit.

" fan's reactions at BlizzCon confirmed Diablo Immortal will be well received by players around the world."

what the fuck does this mean?

fuck you blizzard.

Normally I side with Blizz, but for a change I am actually highly disappointed that they would stoop to this level of dishonesty.

Fan reactions were not muted, they fucking hated the idea of Diablo going mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    They're talking about people who actually played the game, not the angry folks having a knee-jerk reaction and venting their frustrations by clicking arrows on YouTube.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, whenever fans throw a hissy fit like this Blizz just take it as a good sign that they are so passionate then go back to the business of making fun games that make hundreds of millions in profit.
    Lol, 'hissy fit'. More like watching Rhykker's video reacting to the mess breaks my fucking heart and this whole situation is sad af overall since they only plan to expand their mobile base. They can't even get out proper content NOW, imagine the kind of disaster things will become when they're split out in even more directions.

Activision Blizzard stocks is down 10,54% in one day, thats massive when taking into account diablo is only a small part of blizzard and with activision as well. It went down even more after the investors call, meaning investors is not in fact happy.

i had a good laugh when they said

„Fan reaction was muted, but fan's reactions at BlizzCon confirmed Diablo Immortal will be well received by players around the world.“

to tell shareholders (and ppl) that ppl REALLY want diablo mobile game,

but immedietally followed by

„When the time is right, the team will reveal other Diablo projects in the works.“

to tell the players that give a fuck about a Diablo mobile game and want a real Diablo (Diablo 4) the hint to stay tuned and also believe in Blizzard to gief them all the $$$ too.

i LOVE it when marketing tries so hard to cater to everyone to milk everyones money. soooo sweet
    Last edited by Niwes; 2018-11-08 at 11:10 PM.