Page 1 of 23
... LastLast

Blizzard should open DH to Void Elves and Nightborne ASAP

I've read topic on it recently and people expressed dislike for the idea. Why the fuck I wonder. Night Elf male model looks like impregnated garbage. Now tht I have VE in my faction why can't I make myself one such DH? We were training initiates during Legion campaign. I can play as one such hobo.

Because the whole allied race / hero class starting level shenanigans will require effort to figure out, and that's not really Blizzard's MO right now.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

Blizzard should remove DH or move them all to their own server.

Nightborne dont make sense lorewise but Zandalari could work. Zandalari had a cult called Demonomics thats very similar to DH for thousands of years. Void elves would be the easiest but blizz would have to create a small tid bit of lore. Perhaps have these DH eat void demons rather then burning legion demons. Overall I guess it doesn't have to make sense blizz can always create new reasons why.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    I've read topic on it recently and people expressed dislike for the idea. Why the fuck I wonder. Night Elf male model looks like impregnated garbage. Now tht I have VE in my faction why can't I make myself one such DH? We were training initiates during Legion campaign. I can play as one such hobo.
    Because the DH starting scenario takes place before Tbc. And the DHs you see being trained in legion (which admittedly I have no idea what yout are talking about) all occur before the events that created VEs.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Because the DH starting scenario takes place before Tbc. And the DHs you see being trained in legion (which admittedly I have no idea what yout are talking about) all occur before the events that created VEs.
    1. Belf becomes a DH
    2. Belf starts studying Void and is kicked out with other blood elves
    3. Becomes a void elf
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    Because the whole allied race / hero class starting level shenanigans will require effort to figure out, and that's not really Blizzard's MO right now.
    Make then unable to earn heritage armor. Make only opening cinematic with few lines instead of quest hub. Blizzard argumented their lvl 20 with 'people who unlocked them know the game' so the same can be applied to ve/nb dh, those who unlocked them probably also tried DH class and if not then though luck. They can always add scenario in the future but it not really necessary.

it makes zero sense whatsoever to have either of those two be DH

void elves have only just come into existence and you can't be both a void elf and a demon hunter, that just doesn't fucking work, like, at all

nightborne had been behind a bubble for the last 10k years doing fuck all so they have no ties whatsoever to Illidan and the demon hunters. Of the two only the nightborne have the potential to become DH but why would they when the legion is not a threat anymore and the whole reason DH existed was to fight fire with fire so to speak specifically against the legion
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

I always found it silly how when it comes to class selection, lore suddenly trumps gameplay whereas everything else can butcher lore for the sake of gameplay. The one place where I think it'd be rather ok to ignore lore is class selection, as the player character is never an average representative of their race (your average tauren does not hold the ashbringer and the heart of azeroth for example)

DH newbies are in class hall. New could come after Legion.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Orcs and Draenei. Literally the only other races that were around Black Temple.

Considering there are Fel Orc Blademasters, there's literally no reason they couldn't transition to Demon Hunters. Also Broken Draenei as Demon Hunters would be sick.

Who cares about lore though. They let pretty much everything become Death Knight's when it virtually made no sense for over half of them, simply because of game play purposes.

Pretty sure new class/race combinations is of utmost importance for Blizzard right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    1. Belf becomes a DH
    2. Belf starts studying Void and is kicked out with other blood elves
    3. Becomes a void elf
    At what point is the Blood Elf becoming a demon hunter and becoming a void elf? Why would a demon hunter even want to become a void elf, they already have a demon inside of them, I don't think they have more space for a lesser void creature.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    It doesn’t line up lore wise might as well open it to none elf races if there gonna open it at all.

ppl act here like blizz even care the slightest about lore. cheesus. wake up guys.

Quote Originally Posted by EnclosedOne View Post
    it makes zero sense whatsoever to have either of those two be DH

void elves have only just come into existence and you can't be both a void elf and a demon hunter, that just doesn't fucking work, like, at all

nightborne had been behind a bubble for the last 10k years doing fuck all so they have no ties whatsoever to Illidan and the demon hunters. Of the two only the nightborne have the potential to become DH but why would they when the legion is not a threat anymore and the whole reason DH existed was to fight fire with fire so to speak specifically against the legion
    "Cant be both a void elf and a DH"

Did you miss all the demons constantly using shadow magic, including warloocks?

I see no reason why a DH can't be a Void Elf.

- - - Updated - - -

At what point is the Blood Elf becoming a demon hunter and becoming a void elf? Why would a demon hunter even want to become a void elf, they already have a demon inside of them, I don't think they have more space for a lesser void creature.
    The Void Elves didnt want to be Void Elves. It was forced on them.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm all for more races being able to become a DH.

If it makes sense lore wise.

I know a lot of people don't care about the lore, or think it's to constricting, but I'm a firm believer of the lore holding everything together. Honestly I'd rather orcs and draenei have access before any other race.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    The Void Elves didnt want to be Void Elves. It was forced on them.
    The first generation of void elves, yes, it was forced on them. Now we know that high elves and blood elves are willingly traveling to Telogrus Rift to "accept" the power and become void elves.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This should never ever happen.

• Worgen and Goblins made sense as DK (hero class) since the Lich King was using dead from the Azeroth, they weren't consider at early development.
    • Void Elfs (that should never ever existed) and Nightborne don't make sense at all, they aren't followers of Illidan nor existed pre-TBC or gone through the Dark Portal to Outland.
    • They weren't at Outland, like the blood elfs of Kael'thas that later joined the Horde.
    • The Demon Hunter ritual must be performed by a powerful being, like Sargeras that burned Illidan's eyes.
    • Illidan was the one performing all the rituals on the illidari members, and now he is on the monkey rock with Sargeras.
    • If you lost 5 seconds of your life reading through the DH initial zone, you would learn they drained their powers slaying powerful demons, explain how could that possibly happen now.
    • This wouldn't make any sense, why would he create new illidari since the Legion is defeated?
    • Everybody can be a monk, yet they are the least played class, (even though it make sense lorewise) the whole class concept got lost, it's ridiculous going to Kun-lai and suddenly you see a gnome, a cow person, a void elf, some undead, nightbornes that were living under a rock, goblins going around and fighting Kung Fu.

This is just stupid, I get the appeal wanting another race like a class you like to play, but it gets ridiculous taint the whole lore of something just because you want something like a children that won't understand why his parents can't afford a new toy.

Just because Blizzard can do something doesn't mean they should, specially if they need to retcon more shit in order to do this.
    Last edited by Beerbill Society; 2018-10-22 at 08:23 PM.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerbill Society View Post

Just because Blizzard can do something doesn't mean they should, specially if they need to retcon more shit in order to do this.
    Agreed 100%

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be game with the Nightborne and those crazy voidelves being able to roll Demon Hunters. Should any future elven race be added to the game, not that I can think of any I'd want, then they should be able be Demon Hunters as well. Hard no for any non-elven race though.