Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Would you be ok with Expansions every 3 years and patches to .5

BFA is great in a lot of areas, but I think another year of development would of helped a lot.

Would you be ok with a extra year between expansions and a few extra patches with new zones and raids.

If they can keep the game relevant and fresh with new content, it would only be a bonus to delay the expansions. But if i had to spend 12 more months in antorus. I would started autistic screeching

No. New fresh new zones different stories and new systems. I'd rather die than get 3 years of azerite garbage.

You sub when theres content to do. It doesnt matter how long the dead period in between are as you can just not sub and play anything else.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I already feel like 2 year expansions should go to .4, why would I be okay with 3 year expansions that only go to .5?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

No /10thingsnand whatnot

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think listening to testers instead of using them like guinea pigs in a maze would go a long way towards helping everyone.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

I'll be okay with that if they add Dark Ranger in 9.0. Otherwise, I am currently constantly in need of changes and a slower release cycle won't be fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Re4leader1 View Post
    No. New fresh new zones different stories and new systems. I'd rather die than get 3 years of azerite garbage.
    In a game this size, constantly introducing zones is a major issue (see Mechagon and Nazjatar). To me, the game would be better served if they revamped, rebuilt, and reused existing areas to enhance the story. For example, what's wrong with an expansion in Lordaeron?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    In a game this size, constantly introducing zones is a major issue (see Mechagon and Nazjatar). To me, the game would be better served if they revamped, rebuilt, and reused existing areas to enhance the story. For example, what's wrong with an expansion in Lordaeron?
    I've done Lordaeron so many times leveling up alts that I would HATE to have to sit in EPL for 2 years straight.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    You sub when theres content to do. It doesnt matter how long the dead period in between are as you can just not sub and play anything else.
    This is exactly what I do. I mean it's pretty silly to play exclusively one game.

I use the dead periods to catch up on the latest AAA releases for consoles.

Sure, if there are no content gaps longer than 4 months, I don't care how long they take between expansions.

In reality though, they build approximately one year of content for each expansion, then we get roughly a year of nothing after that. So would that become two years of zero content? Yeah, I'd probably be against that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    I think listening to testers instead of using them like guinea pigs in a maze would go a long way towards helping everyone.
    I think testers should remember to stay in their lane though, test it and report what the bug / problem is. Don't give a 'solution' leave that up to the designers who are much more versed in handling that sort of situation. Too many 'testers' think they know how to design a game and just present things as if they are the only solution but in reality they are just creating a new timebomb somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Katratzi View Post
    This is exactly what I do. I mean it's pretty silly to play exclusively one game.

Yep. Starting RDR2 this weekend
    "Peace is a lie"

Yes, im in favor for longer narratives and expacs if this improves the quality of the content.

Quote Originally Posted by Katratzi View Post

Having free time to play a videogame is a privilege. Let alone 2+ games.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I wish more people did this rather than staying sub'd, hating it, and letting themselves become bitter.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Hell no! 2 years is plenty long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    BFA is great in a lot of areas, but I think another year of development would of helped a lot.

Would you be ok with a extra year between expansions and a few extra patches with new zones and raids.
    The problem here is you think xpacks are made in only 2 years. They are not. I don't think they need more time, they need less bad ideas. Sure every idea goes through many iterations before being final but it's a designer skill to come up with somethign decent to start with and iterating in the right direction. If every feature you design needs twice the amount of iteration and still ends up requiring half of it to be changed after player feedback, there's a problem.

Right now it feels like WoW designers are trying to reinvent the wheel but all they did was put skis on the cart and they're going down the street with a trail of sparks and no brakes.

If they would stop trying to reinvent the game every expansion, it might cut down a lot of this development time.

I know they have feedback about what worked in the past and what was most popular. Keep those things in the game and then focus on making the story and gameplay better.

This is why BFA is in the current state, so much new shit that is not fun and feedback on the systems were ignored. If your gameplay/classes ever suffer and are not fun, it makes everything else not fun.